Hb4271/hb5104 As Passed House- Sb660 Senate Concurred

I hate reading about an arrest with cannabis where the defendant was found to have a digital scale.  The report always seems to imply that anyone having a scale must be a drug dealer.  With weight restrictions on legal users, it only makes sense that legal users will possess accurate scales in an attempt to remain legal.  Hopefully sometime soon the police and the reporters will make this connection

now, maybe if we can all agree to work within the law, in all aspects of our life, just maybe we might not "need" more definitions and restrictions this time around.

Anyone wishing to challenge the law might consider the costs of legal defense especially before making any decision starting with "I think this will be legal".

I think the whole thing is crazy, allowing a few hundred politicians to decide which ancient herbal remedies we can consume in our own homes, and should be challenged until the herb is free, but responsibly, with finesse and professionalism. :bong2:

they want you to label and weigh your usable marihuana if you carry it in public.

how would i weigh my usable marihuana ? buy a scale?

how would i package my usable marihuana? some kind of pill bottle? this seems to limit plastic baggies.

[(P) IN A PUBLIC PLACE, THE PRIVILEGE FROM ARREST UNDER SUBSECTION

(A) OR (B) DOES NOT APPLY UNLESS ALL OF THE FOLLOWING APPLY:

(1) THE USABLE MARIHUANA AND MARIHUANA-INFUSED PRODUCT ARE PACKAGED

AND EACH PACKAGE IS LABELED WITH THE WEIGHT OF THE USABLE MARIHUANA.

(2) THE TOTAL WEIGHT INDICATED ON THE PACKAGE LABELS IS NOT MORE

THAN THE AMOUNT PERMITTED UNDER SUBSECTION (A) OR (B). THE INDICATED

WEIGHT IS PRESUMED TO BE TRUE AND CORRECT. HOWEVER, THIS PRESUMPTION DOES

NOT PROHIBIT A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL FROM ARRESTING AN INDIVIDUAL IF

THERE IS AN ARTICULABLE SUSPICION THAT THE INDICATED WEIGHT IS NOT

CORRECT AND THE TOTAL WEIGHT IS GREATER THAN THE AMOUNT PERMITTED UNDER

SUBSECTION (A) OR (B).]

NPRA can go flower themselves.

how would i package my usable marihuana? some kind of pill bottle? this seems to limit plastic baggies. Plastic baggie and a sharpie seems easy enough. When in doubt over estimate. Going out for the evening with 7 grams, write 28 grams on the baggie, still legal.

I hate reading about an arrest with cannabis where the defendant was found to have a digital scale.  The report always seems to imply that anyone having a scale must be a drug dealer.  With weight restrictions on legal users, it only makes sense that legal users will possess accurate scales in an attempt to remain legal.  Hopefully sometime soon the police and the reporters will make this connection

HOWEVER, THIS PRESUMPTION DOES

SUBSECTION (A) OR (B).]

Because of this the digi will be riding shotgun at all times, with a 50 gram calibration weight in it's original packaging just in case the officer wants to be silly..

The first thing I did when becoming a patient was to buy a scale. I would hope every patient/caregiver has one.

When in doubt over estimate. Going out for the evening with 7 grams, write 28 grams on the baggie, still legal.

i thought that was a good idea too, except for this part:

HOWEVER, THIS PRESUMPTION DOES

SUBSECTION (A) OR (B).

you can ignore the 'total weight is greater' part. the police, prosecutors and judges will.

heres what the cop will say when he arrests you for having a 28G baggie (actually it must be in ounces) with only 7G usable marihuana in it:

i arrested the defendant because , in my experience in previous cases where i have been a drug detective, when you have a large bag and a small amount of weed in the bag, it means the defendant was selling marihuana.

Edited by t-pain

or

defendent said he had smoked the other 11G, so i arrested him for DUI. a blood pull showed 6 ng/ml and defendant couldnt walk a straight line.

somehow i doubt a baggie and sharpie is what LEO wanted when they added packaging and labelling to the bill.

Edited by t-pain

When I was raided they took sandwich bags from my kitchen and called them packaging materials.

72 ounces of 'tincture' is quite reasonable. 9 cups if you are using all your 2.5 for your medical tincture. Who's to say what the ratio of alcohol should be in your medical tincture? It just has to be fluid at room temperature.

how would cannacoconut oil fit in?  liquid or solid?