Hb4271/hb5104 As Passed House- Sb660 Senate Concurred

also, these idiots that make these bills.

you arent protected by having USABLE marihuana in public unless labelled and packaged.

i guess that means carrying around some unusable wet marihuana w/ stalks is just fine. :)

No such thing as unusable, unless it is "stalks, seeds or roots". Wet is "marijuana" and not protected by immunity, unless a whole plant.

On the Word Doc. that Mal linked some of the language is in blue. Is there any significance to this? Maybe late amendments?

Such as this from page 12.

From sec. 4a.

(2)[However, a qualifying patient or registered caregiver shall not transfer more than 50 ounces of useable marihuana to a medical marihuana provisioning center during a 60-calendar-day period.]

On the Word Doc. that Mal linked some of the language is in blue. Is there any significance to this? Maybe late amendments?

Such as this from page 12.

From sec. 4a.

(2)[However, a qualifying patient or registered caregiver shall not transfer more than 50 ounces of useable marihuana to a medical marihuana provisioning center during a 60-calendar-day period.]

Edited by Highlander

(f) "Marihuana-infused product" means a topical formulation,

tincture, beverage, edible substance, or similar product containing

any usable marihuana that is intended for human consumption in a

manner other than smoke inhalation.

so consumption in this case can refer to a consumption of resources as the dictionary defines it?

or, since this is a legislative ammendment, is there some legal definition of this word 'consumption' that may come to bite you in the donkey if you rub oil on your skin?

Hello Friends,

Just wanting to let you know that I'm still alive and to say this is more confusing than the act of 2008.  I say that they should go to h***, and that we need to follow the lead of WA and CO.  Just LEGALIZE it.

Hello John

i think that is the plan but IMO it won't happen until 2020 and i also think that the Law makers have been given the Green Light ……with pun intended  

http://www.mlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/12/michigan_house_approves_return.html

interesting...

in case you missed it...

Update: The Senate signed off on House changes to the pharmaceutical-grade medical marijuana bill later Thursday evening in a narrow 20-18 vote. The legislation is now headed to the governor's desk with immediate effect -- but without the ability to be implemented absent federal approval.

"As the state's top law enforcement officer, Attorney General Schuette opposes any effort to legalize drugs," >>>Even when the voters chose to legalize cannabis ??

http://www.examiner.com/article/schuette-marijuana-and-dow

Dave Hornstein
Detroit National Politics

Attorney General Bill Schuette's opposition to medical marijuana has been described by some observers as bordering on an obsession.

Why is Schuette so obsessed? Perhaps the real reason is to prevent industrial uses of the hemp plant, from which marijuana is derived, from competing with products of the Dow Chemical Company, in which Schuette's family has a large financial stake, while producing top executives. Schuette's stepfather, Carl Gerstacker, was a Dow CEO, and his father, William Schuette, Sr., was in line to become CEO when he died of a heart attack in 1959. The Schuette family's Dow-based wealth has helped to bankroll a long political career that began in 1984, when he was elected to Congress at 31.

Dishonestly demonizing the use of marijuana, which is for the most part benign, as a cover for crushing potential competition from industrial hemp, is nothing new. Back in the 1930s, one of the most successful campaigns that resulted in the 1937 federal marijuana prohibition was run by newspaper magnate William Randolph Hearst, who used his newspaper chain to spread lies about alleged harmful effects of marijuana. But Hearst's real concern was that using hemp fiber to produce paper pulp for newspapers would cut into his own paper pulp business derived from extensive timber holdings. At the same time, the DuPont family and financier Andrew Mellon wanted marijuana banned to prevent hemp fiber from competing with DuPont's nylon.

So it is with Dow today. Industrial uses of hemp include plastics, water purification and weed control that could compete with Dow products and perhaps cause its business to decline, costing the Schuette family a lot of money. As such, Schuette, who led the failed campaign against Proposal 1 in 2008, is now doing all he can to undermine medical marijuana, interpreting the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act as narrowly as possible. After all, if medical marijuana were to become solidly established as a legal business in Michigan, there would be no excuse not to allow industrial hemp, which has a THC level too low for recreational use.

So the next time you hear Schuette, a hypocrite who has admitted smoking marijuana in college, dishonestly attack medical marijuana, understand that he isn't out to protect the public. He's just in it for the money.

I've just received a call about this. If I understand, I can take 1 ounce of dried material and infuse 1 pound of butter or coconut oil; use another ounce and create a gallon plus a cup of oil or tincture. 

What I don't understand is "what is gaseous marijuana"?   I could take my remaining .5 ounce to create 3.5 grams of gas.

Is this gas hash? Are our lawmakers expecting patients to pull into a BP and place of marijuana in our car tanks.?

In describing what is not included as usable, when did the roots change from being incidental to being called "unusable roots"?

Another thing: since the patient can only legally buy, sell, transfer, and delivery to themselves; and caregivers can only perform these actions with those patients whom they have LARA issued cards - where are dispensaries to legally gather their supplies? 

Edited by Ms Chocolate

I know.

Gaseous.

Who knows.

They literally copied it from Washington State.  I suppose we have to ask them.

I mean literally, it would be like vaporized? Heh.

I just have this weird feeling that Washington lawmakers are as dumb as our lawmakers, and someone who was writing the bill had heard about "oil" and was told they can make it with "butane gas" and they just assumed it would gaseous?

Heh.  My guess is oil simply because of the 7 grams= 1 ounce.  It would simply make sense I guess.

In describing what is not included as usable, when did the roots change from being incidental to being called "unusable roots"?

i think they mean roots of a plant that is no longer being grown to be 'unusable'.

see, if you had roots growing, you might be able to clone from that, or something.

so dried roots should be cool? no idea.