I Have Bad Knees

jimmiej48

I would say that governments and investors are looking at the financial benefits, while pharma looks at the financial disadvantages.  Patients naturally would like free - or very cheap - meds, but growers know there is some expense, time and skill involved and would hope to be compensated for their efforts.    These are the people pushing to make it happen -  money is the grease that oils the capitalist machine.  

I think small growers who can make a little money for indulging their hobby or part time occupation is just about right.  I think dispensaries should be non-profits - big salaries for the principals are ok, but the rest of the profit should go back into research and services and providing affordable or free meds to those who truly would benefit if they could afford them.

The US is a capitalist country....nothing gets done if there isn't money involved for all concerned.  The question is...how much?  It looks to me like a risky investment to open a dispensary - except to those who are already taking huge risks in the drug trade.  Until the Federal government changes it's laws, dispensaries will always be operating in a gray area of the law without the cover of caution and discretion.  I wouldn't put my life savings into a business that's barely legal.

I think the coming decade will see a further loosening of restrictions until growing cannabis is like growing other herbs...it's not as easy as some think, and you might make a living at if if you are good, but you won't get rich.  

I'd like to see more activism and education for those that don't already appreciate the benefits of cannabis.  I think 50% of the population would be amazed at some of the anecdotal evidence for the treatment of numerous diseases...if only they knew.  

Go right ahead. Get the word out. Thanks for your interest in these matters.

• 7 months later...

I have a question... I had broke my jaw about 4 years ago and I have been using cannabis to deal with the pain I get, When I sleep it gets irritated and when I eat as well, also when the weather changes, but I never went and got prescription pills for the pain because I have bad cases of addiction in my entire family and I don't believe in destroying my body with pills, however it stated that I need at least 3 visits to the doctor proving I needed help for my pain... so how do I go about getting my hard card in Michigan if I don't and wont have those visits? I have proof of my broken jaw and I have a little metal plate in it. if anyone can help that would be amazing. thanks.

If your going to make it like a tincture than use everclear 180 proof, ive used this on roots and stems, keep it in the dark and shake it when ever you think about it, at least once a day, some you can have ready quickly if your only looking to get the thc out of it, if you are wanting the whole ball of wax it takes upto 8 weeks, and than just use it like a tincture, put a few drops under your tounge, if that is not enough use a lil more, it is edible and you dont have to worry about getting drunk unless your going to do shots of it lol!

Best of luck!

Peace

I sure hope that doesn't mean I can't do shots along with it. Cheers good buddy!

I think 50% of the population would be amazed at some of the anecdotal evidence for the treatment of numerous diseases...if only they knew.

People tend to stop investigations when they arrive at their choice, and can see no further. All the facts in the world wont convince grandma that the funny looking hippie dressed in the marijuana leaf is anybody different than the marijuana leafs she dated in her youth.

• 4 years later...