Plant Problem

webfoot

honestly I'm just not sure. I'm good at prevention, but treatment, not so good.

Me too as i'm new to deficiencies.  May have seen a little yellowing for lo n and reddish stems for lo p but never knew that burning of the leaves could signify lack of mag or cal, I always thought that crinkly leaves were from overfertilizing.  I have been spending a lot of time researching cal mag deficiencies and phosphorous.deficiencies and think it's confusing but easier to identify.  Certain deficiencies look similar but are more rare. 

I've been using new cal mag and a tsp of epsom in mine and have pretty much halted the progression.  I fertilize similar to the op as in 2-4 times before putting in to flower.  I'm still thinking he needs more cal and mag.  The light color of the leaves and lack of curling makes me think it's not overfertilizing.  Let me know how it turns out and what you did and whether the stars were heavy feeders or light compared to the others.

I was having yellowing leaves on one of my strains. CalMag (Botanicare) fixed the problem and it also made my other strains perk up.  Good stuff!

does your nutrient line claim to be a stand alone system ?  I know lots that do, and as it turns out, a lie. Liebig says a plant will grow to it's weakest resource, not its strongest.  Originally applied to plant or crop growth, where it was found that increasing the amount of plentiful nutrients did not increase plant growth. Only by increasing the amount of the limiting nutrient (the one most scarce in relation to "need") was the growth of a plant or crop improved. This principle can be summed up in the aphorism, "The availability of the most abundant nutrient in the soil is only as good as the availability of the least abundant nutrient in the soil."

220px-Minimum-Tonne.svg.png

I was having yellowing leaves on one of my strains. CalMag (Botanicare) fixed the problem and it also made my other strains perk up.  Good stuff!

• 1 month later...