What Colorado's Pot Shops Will Look Like On Jan 1St

t-pain

The news last night mentioned the store they were at, and many others forced sales of only an eight at a time due to supply limits.....what a nice paycheck for day one if you only.break down to an eight.an sell out......how cars Colorado? I could give 5 patients free if working that like them, darn!

the only thing i've learned so far is that some of the medical dispensaries were charging $50+ for a gram (for medical) in colorado.

and now they are selling it for $50 a gram to anyone over 21.

thats insane.

at least i heard there were some new years special sales. hah.

i wonder how much denver made in taxes on the first day. wonder if those other cities that banned the shops are thinking twice now?

one article said a guy drove from ohio just to be able to purchase legally.

heres a first hand account of the chaos unfolding!

Bc7eV4QCMAAnivY.png

lock your doors! 

A group of addiction counselors and physicians said they're seeing more marijuana addiction problems, especially in youths, and that wider pot availability will exacerbate the problem.

"This is just throwing gas on the fire," said Ben Cort of the Colorado Center for Dependency, Addiction & Rehabilitation at the University of Colorado Hospital.

They maybe fighting for their Job's

That is Great...Taxes and All.

We know that Money talks more than citizens votes.

I would pay taxes to be able to go buy some of that Lambs breath.

Been like 12 years since I had any of that.. Great smoke, Very friendly smoke.

Hey Shiska, was that your receipt?

saw some more reports about it . looks like everything went down fine.

people drove from all over, massachusets, wisconsin, kansas. probably foreigners came from all over the world too.

getting tired of the stories and interviews with the stupid denver post pot editor.

every interview the same thing 'what exactly is a pot editor?'

its just a guy who writes about marijuana, this isnt confusing or interesting in the slightest.

the news stories are so strange right now. they havent yet made the transisition from laughing about marijuana to actually doing news yet.

so some anchors are all 'huh, its now legal to buy marijuana'. changing a law is that bewildering to them.

even tho the law changed last year. a complete year happened and they are still surprised.

the prohibitionists are going to predict gloom and doom and teen use and all that.

just like the alcohol prohibitionists did in the 1930s.

the tax and regulate dipshiz didnt think it out.

they hid behind 'regulate like alcohol'. how is this anything like alcohol regulation?

they let locals ban the shops. so of course , most of the locals did ban the shops.

out of 380? applications, only 136 (in the entire state, mostly denver) were approved and open on jan 1st.

add in the fact that only medical marijuana dispensaries that got retail licenses could open on jan1st.

'new' retail stores can open in october 2014.

which means any city that didnt have a dispensary also wont have a shop until october, by law.

if theres only 100 stores in town and each store has a huge line...

supply and demand.

theres limited supply and huge demand.

how would you like to be a medical patient, now you gotta wait in line for hours ? lol.

so yeah, the price wont change until october. and thats only if they open more stores. which they probably wont.

denver city council will say they have enough pot shops. a few kickbacks from some dispensaries to the council

and thats all she wrote.

when is it legal for coloradoians to grow 6 plants for themselves recreationally? i havent heard anything about that.

gotta re-read A64.

the tax and regulate dipshiz didnt think it out.

they hid behind 'regulate like alcohol'. how is this anything like alcohol regulation?

they let locals ban the shops. so of course , most of the locals did ban the shops.

out of 380? applications, only 136 (in the entire state, mostly denver) were approved and open on jan 1st.

add in the fact that only medical marijuana dispensaries that got retail licenses could open on jan1st.

'new' retail stores can open in october 2014.

which means any city that didnt have a dispensary also wont have a shop until october, by law.

if theres only 100 stores in town and each store has a huge line...

supply and demand.

theres limited supply and huge demand.

how would you like to be a medical patient, now you gotta wait in line for hours ? lol.

so yeah, the price wont change until october. and thats only if they open more stores. which they probably wont.

denver city council will say they have enough pot shops. a few kickbacks from some dispensaries to the council

and thats all she wrote.

when is it legal for coloradoians to grow 6 plants for themselves recreationally? i havent heard anything about that.

gotta re-read A64.

I believe ( and I could be wrong) that they can already grow for recreational use now.........

500 plants x 348+ licenses, add in the extra from those that don't follow the rules to the letter, and you have an amazing supply network that could easily supply the whole midwest ......

Check out what the Michigan house just came up with.

House Bill 4889

Criminal procedure; sentencing guidelines; penalties for certain controlled substance offenses involving travel from another state with the intent to deliver; increase. Amends sec. 45, ch. XVII of 1927 PA 175 (MCL 777.45).