What Protections Are Ther For Patients From Dishonest Caregivers?

Have had the same caregiver since the beginning. Last July he started dodging me, and I haven't received anything from him. My question is, does the fact that he has been my caregiver for more than 3 years constitute a contract? For the past 6 months, I have had to go to dispensaries, and spend money that I should not have had to spend. I know he has been harvesting all along, and, our agreement wasn't x amount per harvest, it was every month. I think I am going to sue him for the value of what I should have gotten over the past 6 months. Any thoughts?

Mr. Greenjeans; hello and welcome to MMMA.

Sorry for your troubles.

I agree with the above posts, you have no legal recourse.

You may want to consider finding a new caregiver.

If you don't find a caregiver at least discharge your current one. 

Even if said cg has not kept up your agreement, I would

still advise you to let your cg know you are dropping them.

2 'wrongs' don't make a right so to speak :)

Let us know how things turn out please.

They may seem strange to some of us I totally agree t.

I think that they may not be so strange to those posting them though.

That is why they come here to ask others, us :)

It isn't easy to come on a forum for some of us and make our 1st. post.

I remember getting up the nerve to make my 1st. post (9 months lol),

I was sweating bullets, lol.

Edited by imiubu

A lot of caregivers brought in patients by offering free medicine .

3 years ago we caregivers could legally move our extras to dispensaries and other caregivers and patients to pay for the freebies we offered since the P2P transfers have been outlawed there are no more legal outlets to make up the difference light bills nutrients genetics pots etc are not cheap so I don't think its unreasonable to change a caregiver patient agreement because of the change in the law but I would have addressed it with you for sure but please remember nothing in life is free .

Agree with all the above posts. Would like to add that you are correct in believing the CG should at least let you know what is up. If the agreement has to change then communication should be obvious. Perhaps he/she is a dikk or they could not face the situation. Either way you do at least deserve to not be ignored.

Best advice change caregivers, inform the cg that you are changing. I would even go so far as to send a certified letter advising said cg of the change. I would say shine the rest of it because sometimes bringing attention doesnt always work the way we want it to. I know we have a law but the question is do we have a law that is always honored?

Good luck and good health.

Have had the same caregiver since the beginning. Last July he started dodging me, and I haven't received anything from him. My question is, does the fact that he has been my caregiver for more than 3 years constitute a contract? For the past 6 months, I have had to go to dispensaries, and spend money that I should not have had to spend. I know he has been harvesting all along, and, our agreement wasn't x amount per harvest, it was every month. I think I am going to sue him for the value of what I should have gotten over the past 6 months. Any thoughts?

Sure and i hope it works out

Do you need a great Lawyer ?

yep what Highlander said!

At least you have a despense around that you can get from, although personaly I would not go there, If I was going to have to get my mm from some one other than my c.g I would look for the best and the best deal, the pt does not have to worry about who they get it from the person supplying it does, if you are not registered to some one you get mm from your safe if you stay with in your weight limit and all other laws for a pt,,,,,,,,the person supplying you would have to bear the burden of the law if something went wrong not you!

You will find another c.g and they will be way better than what you have!  your first step is to send in the change form for 10 bucks, and either mark it that you will maintain possesion of the plants or a new c.g you find, but for now if you think your c.g is still growing and not getting you meds for a fair price send in the change form, me personaly my 1st c.g p p'd me off so bad I didnt tell him I cancled him, one reason is the phaq left town and I didnt know where he was, he took a deposit from me and ran, dont ever give a c.g money to get clones or seeds for you, if a c.g is not ready to supply you within the 21 days dont sign them!

A fair price is between you and your c.g, we can not tell you what we think is a fair price, for one thing it will start up a big fight on this thread, and free is not realy a good word to here either!

Welcome to the site!

Happy Holidays to you and yours

Peace

A lot of caregivers brought in patients by offering free medicine .3 years ago we caregivers could legally move our extras to dispensaries and other caregivers and patients to pay for the freebies we offered since the P2P transfers have been outlawed there are no more legal outlets to make up the difference light bills nutrients genetics pots etc are not cheap so I don't think its unreasonable to change a caregiver patient agreement because of the change in the law but I would have addressed it with you for sure but please remember nothing in life is free .

But I need the highest quality genetics, Hand trimmed, fully loved, for free, its my right, I'm a patient hahaha oh the scamming. No free lunch!

I have to ask after re-reading the OP's statement: why did you wait 6 months and spend all that money that you 'didn't have to' by visiting a dispensary? Why not seek out a new caregiver? Were you somehow continuing to donate funds to your caregiver's grow in those 6 months? (Mainly making this comment due to you feeling like he owes you something!)

Coming from a patient's viewpoint, I dislike seeing these kinds of posts because it gives all patients a bad name. I, too, had a caregiver for the past 3 years and it was wonderful! Never a lapse in paperwork, communication, etc. He is a busy guy; working towards another degree and finding opportunities to be able to travel more with his loved ones. So while it is unfortunate for me that we're not able to continue on in our cg/pt relationship, am I going to be angry or selfish about it?

Nope- the simple solution is to seek out a new caregiver better suited towards BOTH of your needs and NOT "Gee, how can I screw over this person who all along has been helping me?!" (And I must say all at a price for what you'd probably pay for a gram in a dispensary. $10 to place an ad here and $10 for the change form!)

And like the saying goes... this is just my opinion and we all have em!  :butt2: