Seed Degradation

Hello MMMA, this is my first post here, this forum seems pretty dedicated to quality meds, and I tip my hat to that.

So I have a question, about seeds obviously. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I have some seed and am questioning the quality.

So the start of the seeds was great quality, from vaious vendors, various strains. They were grown under stressful, conditions, neglect of proper spectrum in lighting, root lock, and irregular feeding and watering. The finished product looked good, smelled ok, but was desert dry and had no sticky to it at all.

All in all I smoked some brick weed and it had way more medicinal qualities than the stuff grown indoors. I would have NEVER though brick weed would be better, but after smoking the dirty brown and it took me way higher, I was convinced.

Would the seeds from the grow be worthwhile to grow, in proper conditions, or have the genetics degraded to the point of not worth trying?

Thanks for any imput.

If they were purposefully bred, not hermied during flower and viable you should get good genetics out of it although the plants from those seeds might be harder to get going because they were not fed properly.  Although most mass produced seeds are that way because they have been fully pollinated and each seed is fighting for nutrition.  the best seeds come from a plant that only 1 bud was lightly pollinated and let the full term to produce the seeds.  that's where the healthiest, quickest growing and sturdiest plants come from.  there is always room to get something great from them but possibly not from the first grow with them depending on how healthy the seeds are.  Quality of mj should be there but possibly not vitality of the pants.

Thanks for all the imput fellow posters. Upon consideration of this topic I have decided to dispose of the genetics because I do not wish to spend a year or more trying to improve the genetics in hopes of finding something worthwhile.

@ lumberjack

Its obvious you have had some conversation with the assumed "pro breeder" seeing as you have labeled the source of the degraded genetics as a "pro breeder."

I urge you to inquire and acquire about some of the genetics this "pro" breeds so that you could see just how professional of a job the said person really does.

Once again, thanks for all the imput, I will be ordering genetics from a respectable breeder who is concerned with the medicinal aspects of cannibis.

Edited by patient419

Thanks for all the imput fellow posters. Upon consideration of this topic I have decided to dispose of the genetics because I do not wish to spend a year or more trying to improve the genetics in hopes of finding something worthwhile.

@ lumberjack

Its obvious you have had some conversation with the assumed "pro breeder" seeing as you have labeled the source of the degraded genetics as a "pro breeder."

I urge you to inquire and acquire about some of the genetics this "pro" breeds so that you could see just how professional of a job the said person really does.

Once again, thanks for all the imput, I will be ordering genetics from a respectable breeder who is concerned with the medicinal aspects of cannibis.

Pro breeder as in well known professional seed producers like DJ Short TGA Subcool Dr Greenthumb all with pedigrees and proven track records I am not new to this after all if a seed stock is sold at a seedbank im sure quality control and inquiries are made on how the stock they are purchasing for their seedbank was created unless this stock you reffered to in your earlier posted on came from a local pollen chucker and not a nationally worldwide known breeder .

It was not from a reputable breeder but a seasoned novice that does not have a clean grow space and let's cross pollonation occur on a careless scale. Therefore the "strains" result in many of the same characteristics. Smell/potency is both terrible and it was amazing to unearth the careless techniques used to "breed" the "strains"

I have got to say, when good old fashoned brick weed is easily more medicinal than bud grown indoors, you have to really wonder about the growers intensions.

Grown for greed is not good weed.

This is seed from a poorly grown pro breeders stock he was wondering since it was grown so poorly if the beans would reflect the finished medicine or if grown correctly come out like it should have in the first place .

Thinkin the genetics are still there to produce topshelf meds with the right nutes eviro and TLC

A Good Farmer brings the best out of the genetics.

Edited by beourbud

• 1 month later...

Thinkin the genetics are still there to produce topshelf meds with the right nutes eviro and TLC

A Good Farmer brings the best out of the genetics.

While I would like to agree with you, as it would make me feel like a better gardener, I wholeheartedly disagree. You cannot breed good medicine from bad genetics. It's merely the luck of the draw on genetics when pulling from brick. In most cases the reason brick is unsightfull and smells terrible is because it is old and not cured correctly, not because of bad genetics.

I wonder of the origin of the brick weed. Could just be someone's indoor product dried/compressed. Growing up I rarely received a sack without beans.

I saved most of the good lookers. Most growers can spot a male plant a mile away. I admit they've snuck up on me, but never had open sacks. They smell different, look different, and are possibly an enemy in a grow room full of patients plants. Often seen in outdoor grows, and in poorly managed or new indoor ones produce males that stay.

On the other hand, giving the grower his props, many of us have missed a ninja boy expression emerging from a prize cola. They are sneaky, camo, and do their job fast and disappear quickly. Those will be feminized seeds produced that way

. Hermie plants with balls hanging sometimes get through in gardens I hear, and will all but ruin any chance of a viable genetic run. There are ways to safely reverse the bad traits if important to you, but usually not worth the effort. plant one, isolate it in a corner, and watch closely, is what I have done. some good, some bad. I wont do it again, and threw them all to the birds.

good luck!