Sold Out? Woa-Listen Up Michiganders.. Do You Hear The Message?

mibrains

uuummmmm. you all realize the going rate here before the law was $400oz. for beasters......

I personally have paid $500oz. for chrons back then

also, what I've seen at local dispensaries' for $10g. is ROPE GRADE at best!!

I'd be shocked to see medical grade cannabis being legally sold (in a retail setting) for under $400....EVER

those roll your own ciggarettes are cheaper, and there are stores where you can go make your own.

but yet, people still buy cartons for the convenience, even if its more expensive.

same with soda pop. buy the syrup and some seltzer water, wayyyyyy cheaper than buying cocacola

still most people just buy the pre-mixed coke.

same with bottled water. you can buy cheap bottles and fill up from your tap!

but people out there are always buying bottled water. pre bottled.

i'm sorry resto, you must give me one (non marijuana) example of the legit store-bought system failing to home-brew before i'll believe you.

there will always be home-grow, home-brew, farmers markets, people raising chickens for eggs, growing their own food. but the vast majority of people just like going to stores.

Yeah, but...  I don't think that the prohibitionists see marijuana as being like beer. They see it as hard liquor and they regulate the heck out of hard liquor. No one can produce their own liquor. Everyone who uses marijuana knows that it is no where near being like hard liquor (or hard drugs for that matter), but the people in charge (ignorant as they are) don't see it that way. Plus, they want to extract their pound of flesh (taxes) from the users.

It's all in having a receipt. A receipt from the dispensary is were it's at. Everyone that smokes should have at least one. Once you have ONE you are golden. Just keep it on you so you can flash your receipt and get a pass from the cops. Does a receipt EVER expire is the question. The trick of 2014 will be having a receipt to use for your bootleg, non dispensary boughten, cannabis.

uuummmmm. you all realize the going rate here before the law was $400oz. for beasters......

I personally have paid $500oz. for chrons back then

also, what I've seen at local dispensaries' for $10g. is ROPE GRADE at best!!

I'd be shocked to see medical grade cannabis being legally sold (in a retail setting) for under $400....EVER

Yea I think the most I paid was 400 down in the suburbs of detroit, I paid 335 to 350 regularly for a zip before the law, and it was no doubt worth it to me at the time, now I get the same of better quality for no more than 200 a zip, but that is me, Im sure the prices are all over the place at this time, I will never regularly pay 560 or 500 or more than what I have to pay now, I grow my own and it is not addictive remember, we can wait till our crop is done and if we have extra cash for mj we should put it into better equip for our grow rooms!

Peace

oh how wrong you are, if I was still an active alcoholic id be buying the moonshine, why would I not? I wish I could get some now for making my oil and tinctures!

But a 20% tax is fing crazy for legal mj,,,,How much do they charge for hotels and big boats here, (the luxury tax) man if it ever comes to mich I would hope it would be the same as every thing else 6%, I dont know what the alcohol tax is here, but im thinking it is 6%, I know the state tells them what they can sell it for, but what is the tax on alcohol here, compared to 20% tax on legal weed in co, has anything happened in washington yet?

Peace

WalMart has "Jimmie Johnson's Midnight Moon" for about $20 a pint. It is all flavored though and they have cut it down to 50% alcohol. Would this work for tinctures?

I bought some of the cherry flavored stuff and mixed it with Coke. I couldn't hardly taste the cherries, but there is definitely an alcohol burn. Not bad for half-donkey shine.

Starving to death was comparing running out of money for food as compared to running out of money for cannabis.

Everyone can afford a slider at White Castle, a happy meal at Micky D's , and a $5 cup of coffee. No one I know can sustain a $560 an ounce appetite. No one. So they will starve or find something they can afford. $5 will not get you even a crumb at the dispensary. With that in mind, lines around the block at initial start ups is exactly a 'fad'. One that a dispensary owner with the press in their pocket can sustain for a short time. But the money will obviously run out for those folks in line. We all have seen folks spend their money until it's gone and they are flat broke. Stupid is as stupid does. A fool and his money are soon parted. And so is the way of the dispensary line standers for $70 1/8's.

You've never been to NY have you?  First off not everyone smokes a 1/4 a week.  Secondly, people in Ny pay $10-15 a PACK for cigs.  Over $100/carton/week for some. NYC over $100/carton.

Besides 50% or more are from other states. They have the money to vaca there on the weekend, what's an extra $70?  Hotel room is much more than that for a night.

My wife doesn't even smoke and when I told her about Co. she said, "ya know, we can go there, you can fly right out of Detroit strait flight(I don't like flying)."  How many spouses would jump on that if they were from an illegal state or from an MJ state who can't vaca without there meds?

Edited by Norby

those roll your own ciggarettes are cheaper, and there are stores where you can go make your own.

but yet, people still buy cartons for the convenience, even if its more expensive.

same with soda pop. buy the syrup and some seltzer water, wayyyyyy cheaper than buying cocacola

still most people just buy the pre-mixed coke.

same with bottled water. you can buy cheap bottles and fill up from your tap!

but people out there are always buying bottled water. pre bottled.

i'm sorry resto, you must give me one (non marijuana) example of the legit store-bought system failing to home-brew before i'll believe you.

there will always be home-grow, home-brew, farmers markets, people raising chickens for eggs, growing their own food. but the vast majority of people just like going to stores.

I have been rolling my own cigs for at least 7 yrs, it is real easy to sit and roll a few packs of cigs while watching the news or something you watch on t.v I can buy a carton of roll your own cigs for a lil under 10 bucks a carton, that is less than what 2 packs of pre packaged cigs cost! up in my town I buy ausable red 5.6 oz and a box of tubes with filters for under ten bucks, if I bought two packs of marlboro's it would cost 12 at least w/o coupons, so im paying 1 buck a pack,,,,when I started smoking them nasty things I was paying .45 cents a pack, 4.50 a carton, and I remember my dad trying some roll your owns back than lol!

My lady and I both smoke, if we were to buy them prerolled it would cost us around 70 bucks a week 280 a month, rolling our own it costs us 20 bucks a week, that is under half of what a week of pre rolled would cost, I have an 18 yr old daughter who thinks she can buy marlboro's and she is constantly asking me or her mom for a cig, I dont give her any, and if her mother does, than I make her mother roll her own (i roll both of our cigs always)...my 18 yr old dont have her i.d yet, no drivers liscense or state I.d, so she has to get a friend to buy her cigs by the pack, they charge her 10 bucks, for that 10 bucks she could get 10 packs of roll your own,,,,,do I feel sorry for her, heck no, do I know what it feels like to want or need a cig, heck yea,,,she needs to learn, If me and her mother cant afford prerolls,  she sure as heck cant w/o a job, she lives at home, she is a good girl, but im not supplying her cig habbit especial pre rolls, that is like something special for her mom and me, if we get good coupons we will get ourselves a pack of pre rolled but that is far and few between lol!

Peace

Edited by phaquetoo

Yup. If you think about it further, the type of folks that actually have the kind of money to afford $560 an ounce don't wait in lines like that and they don't mess around with 1/8's at all.

Of course they do, they're the ones who play by the rules.  They're the ones who come in and vaca and don't want the hassle of walking down an alley.  They are the ones who pay $20 a drink at a club because they can.  Have you ever been to Colorado?

i'm just saying most people.

most people wont grow their own potatoes and fry their own potato chips.

most people wont roll their own ciggs

most people wont brew their own beer

most people wont fire up the grill every time they want a burger.

most people arent going to wait 6+ months to get some quality bud from a seed.

just like most people wont grow their own tobacco, cotton, tomatoes, etc.

some people will, most will not.

bleh i give up.

There is a procedure for a new drug to go through before it's marketed to the public. It's called a clinical trial.   Know what was wrong with alcohol? It was also a drug that  skated by new drug trials, there was never any kind of treatment available to the few people who suffered from its addictive nature or any other conditions it might produce in these unfortunates. Like malnutrition, cirrhosis and other liver diseases. At least we have ACA now. Hope some of the alcoholics will be able to get help with their life threatening problems caused by this FDA oversight now.

First off, these stores are just a ripoff and everyone that lives in Colorado knows it. :-)

Even the vast majority of medical dispensaries charge $50/quarter out there.  If you are from Colorado, you already know where to get cannabis for a better price. 

Recreational is just taking advantage of a situation and that's about it.  They were not allowed to start growing RECREATIONAL marijuana until Jan. 1st, but were allowed to one time transfer MEDICAL marijuana to Recreational purproses for sale in their stores.  That is the only reason why they may be running out. They haven't even grown it yet. ;-)

You can score beautiful buds forlike $150/oz in Colorado right now right this second. :-)

WalMart has "Jimmie Johnson's Midnight Moon" for about $20 a pint. It is all flavored though and they have cut it down to 50% alcohol. Would this work for tinctures?

I bought some of the cherry flavored stuff and mixed it with Coke. I couldn't hardly taste the cherries, but there is definitely an alcohol burn. Not bad for half-donkey shine.

I just seen some ever clear I beleive in one of 3 of our liquir stores and it was 75% 150 proof, that would make an awsome tincture, you can use it to make oil also and collect the alcohol back to use again,

There are many ways to make tinctures, you can make a tinctur in very lil time with a 150 proof grain alcohol and only get the thc out of it if that is what you like, it takes longer to get the cannaboids out of it!  Id love a few drops under the tounge and have couch lock for nite time meds, how about you?

Peace

893242-drugs-overdose-e1388629289513-257Colorado is reconsidering its decision to legalize recreational pot following the deaths of dozens due to marijuana overdoses.

According to a report in the Rocky Mountain News, 37 people were killed across the state on Jan. 1, the first day the drug became legal for all adults to purchase. Several more are clinging onto life in local emergency rooms and are not expected to survive.

"It's complete chaos here," says Dr. Jack Shepard, chief of surgery at St. Luke's Medical Center in Denver. "I've put five college students in body bags since breakfast and more are arriving every minute.

"We are seeing cardiac arrests, hypospadias, acquired trimethylaminuria and multiple organ failures. By next week the death toll could go as high as 200, maybe 300. Someone needs to step in and stop this madness. My god, why did we legalize marijuana? What were we thinking?"

893242-drugs-overdose-e1388629289513-257Colorado is reconsidering its decision to legalize recreational pot following the deaths of dozens due to marijuana overdoses.

According to a report in the Rocky Mountain News, 37 people were killed across the state on Jan. 1, the first day the drug became legal for all adults to purchase. Several more are clinging onto life in local emergency rooms and are not expected to survive.

"It's complete chaos here," says Dr. Jack Shepard, chief of surgery at St. Luke's Medical Center in Denver. "I've put five college students in body bags since breakfast and more are arriving every minute.

"We are seeing cardiac arrests, hypospadias, acquired trimethylaminuria and multiple organ failures. By next week the death toll could go as high as 200, maybe 300. Someone needs to step in and stop this madness. My god, why did we legalize marijuana? What were we thinking?"

and where may I ask did this b.s come from?

Peace

and where may I ask did this b.s come from?

Peace

It came from The Daily Currant. It's a satirical site similar to The Onion.

BTW, hypospadias is a congenital abnormality of the penis and trimethylaminuria is fish odor syndrome.

The heart attacks probably came after hearing that 1/8 costs $70. :lol:

Edited by Wild Bill

Lucky you

And i mean it

we have a lot to be thankful for i understand that some may think it's a bad Law because of some of the Courts rulings  and some maybe still in Court and some have even

Been prosecuted already even if they where  100% Legal at the time.

But i do think it's getting somewhat better we have not heard of any big raids lately and we are waiting on 2 more Bill's that may become Law and if they do pass we won't know what impact it will  have on  Patients and Caregivers,  even if they do pass until we see a few people in Court fighting for their Freedom  and the MMMA supporting them in that fight we still won't know

As we all know today that just because its a new Law  and it may say something in it's words Like Law 1 of 2008 says if you have a card you can't be arrested or after 21 days your Recommendation serves as your Card.

And you just may have to drag your Doctor into Court if you can find him/her and along with all your Patients, or Leo can still get a warrant for just smelling Cannabis coming from your home and take your things including your Kid's 

and lets not forget you still can't have a jury here you'll a Patient or have a mmj card 

If the Bills  do pass as they are we will see most of the bad parts that we got from Leo go away even the Courts will change IMHO but at what cost ?

Edited by bobandtorey

Lucky you

And i mean it

we have a lot to be thankful for i understand that some may think it's a bad Law because of some of the Courts rulings  and some maybe still in Court and some have even

Been prosecuted already even if they where  100% Legal at the time.

But i do think it's getting somewhat better we have not heard of any big raids lately and we are waiting on 2 more Bill's that may become Law and if they do pass we won't know what impact it will  have on  Patients and Caregivers,  even if they do pass until we see a few people in Court fighting for their Freedom  and the MMMA supporting them in that fight we still won't know

As we all know today that just because its a new Law  and it may say something in it's words Like Law 1 of 2008 says if you have a card you can't be arrested or after 21 days your Recommendation serves as your Card.

And you just may have to drag your Doctor into Court if you can find him/her and along with all your Patients, or Leo can still get a warrant for just smelling Cannabis coming from your home and take your things including your Kid's 

and lets not forget you still can't have a jury here you'll a Patient or have a mmj card 

If the Bills  do pass as they are we will see most of the bad parts that we got from Leo go away even the Courts will change IMHO but at what cost ?

All the crap they have thrown at medical marijuana patients has been thrown because some prohibitionists got a burr in their trousers and decided that medical marijuana was not going to happen without a fight. Well, not only is it going to happen, but it is becoming legal much faster than their poor little minds can comprehend. They are now seeing that legalization is an inevitability. I think they are going to sit back on their haunches and try to digest what is going around them.