Certification Question

Without medical records your card is flimsy. What you need to do is go to the same doctor for a few years and make sure that 'your condition' that you want to be qualified for is mentioned in those records. Then you will be in a position of strength to work from. No sense in paying a doctor and the State for a flimsy card.

the good cert doctors will do a physical and establish a medical record before certifying you.

if you have old records take them in with you.

the doctor may order you to get updated tests.

emergency room visits, accident reports, chiropractor chart, physical therapy notes, anything like that is also useful to the doctor.

you arent the first person to have no medical records, you wont be the last.

what i'm saying is that a cert doctor will establish a bonafied doctor-patient relationship and create updated medical records before any certification occurs.

Edited by t-pain

yes but you can answer the next question if you can predict what it is.

so it goes:

can i get a card without records?

no.

how do i get records?

go to a good cert doc and he will document records before certifying.

where do i find a good cert doc?

the best doc is one you or a friend knows. otherwise call up some doctors who do certs and ask if they do physicals.

you can find docs in weedmaps.com or newspapers / craigslist.

Dr. Kumar Singh is a good doc, you can find him at the GreenLite Clinic

http://www.greenlitetroy.com/

good luck to ya!

Correct if by chance you do find a doctor to recommend cannabis to you without records if you ended up in court the first thing they will go after is your lack of documented medical history .

Yeah, but how is that a problem for the patient? If a doctor erroneously prescribes opiates (or any drug) to me and then a prosecutor questions my bona fides for possessing the drug (which I doubt they would do anyway), it would be the doctor who gets into hot water for prescribing the drug, not me for merely following a doctors orders.

It is absurd to think that a patient can be held accountable for a doctor's actions.

Yeah, but how is that a problem for the patient? If a doctor erroneously prescribes opiates (or any drug) to me and then a prosecutor questions my bona fides for possessing the drug (which I doubt they would do anyway), it would be the doctor who gets into hot water for prescribing the drug, not me for merely following a doctors orders.

It is absurd to think that a patient can be held accountable for a doctor's actions.

Im thinking alot of people have faced this situation, I had med records for over 12 yrs when I got my 1st cert, and although I did not want to see that dr. any longer after the cert, I realy had no choice, my primary care giver quit me when she found out I had my card, in fact I got a urine screen for the 1st time in 12 yrs after I was certed, I dont know why the mm cert dr. felt the need to inform my primary c.g that he certed me for mm, I did not get any meds from him other than the cert, I wanted to continue to see my dr. and get meds that had to do with pain from her, I never was a dr, shopper and I never have gotten rx's from more than one dr. at a time, so after my urine screen my primary c.g quit me, I wasnt even off of my rx's than, I was on methadone for pain and xanax for what ever reason she wrote them for,

Them kinda rx's are not something you cut your pt off of cold turkey after 12 yrs!  when my monthly supply was about to run out, I called my old primary c.g to say im almost out of meds ive been on for over 12 yrs, what should I do? check into a hospital or rehab or what, they wrote me my rx's and told me to let them know as soon as I find a new dr. for that!

Not every one can just be taken off of their prescriptions the minute they become mm pts, it takes time to get a grow going or get a c.g who will give you meds imediatly, there are a lot of reasons not to cut off a narcotic pt w/o helping them!

I guess long story short is there are still many dr.'s out there that will cert you, they dont even have to see you, but that wont be true when the other bills pass (if they do) than you dont want anything to do with a dr. you dont have a bonified pt/dr relationship with, and that is some one like well dr.Bob, he will see you a few times between certing you and there are many others, but Bob travles around the state and has brick and mortar offices he works out of, and he is willing to go to court with you,,,,if one was to use the phone dr.s you wont have a dr. to go to court with you, Most normal pt's realy dont have to worry about that becuase they are not doing anything that would bring l.e to them, but you never know, none of us leave home and think we are going to get pulled over and get a speeding ticket or broke equip ticket, that may lead to L.E seeing something in your car and give them probable cause to search!

Peace

You can on your own accord keep pain logs and other documentation that would substantiate your condition and symptoms from your POV. This would make it much easier for the Dr giving you a recommendation. It also would go a long way toward showing due diligence on your part to explore every option of documentation that wasn't financially prohibitive.