Things I Learned From Lara Today

trichcycler

When removing a deceased patient from your caregiver registry, you cannot sign their name, necessary for the change form/removal of you, their cg. You may alternatively mail in a death certificate, or a relative of the deceased could do the same, with a valid change form.

Or, you may complete the change form, checking "remove caregiver" and be sure to include a note or letter explaining the patient has passed on. YOu must sign and date this letter, and include a clear copy of your drivers license.

while the situation is mine, I called lara first for instructions to properly remove my deceased patient, and avoid any mistakes. They were very helpful and friendly.

RIP Hollywood !!

Not for me and my patient.  He didn't check on the check being cashed and they sent him his card and we then filed a change of caregiver.  A week later he received notification his check didn't clear and they wanted the card back.  A day after that my check cleared for the change of caregiver.  I'll find out on Monday how this is all supposed to work now.  Do I file on his photocopy for him sending in another try with another $100 certified check and if so do I get my money back since they were at fault sending the card in the first place without verifying the check cleared?  For as much money as they make you'd think they'd accept credit cards.  If I sign on his paperwork will we get the cards faster than a change of caregiver?

oh what a mess, sorry you going through that. please let us know what lara advises, I for one am interested.

Not for me and my patient.  He didn't check on the check being cashed and they sent him his card and we then filed a change of caregiver.  A week later he received notification his check didn't clear and they wanted the card back.  A day after that my check cleared for the change of caregiver.  I'll find out on Monday how this is all supposed to work now.  Do I file on his photocopy for him sending in another try with another $100 certified check and if so do I get my money back since they were at fault sending the card in the first place without verifying the check cleared?  For as much money as they make you'd think they'd accept credit cards.  If I sign on his paperwork will we get the cards faster than a change of caregiver?

Sorry to hear of your problems.  Odd set of circumstances I've not heard of occurring previously (not saying that it hasn't).

If I remember correctly, you have a certain amount of time to fix the error and would not have to pay another fee. 

Please call LARA they are very helpful.  I have called them and they are friendly and helpful.

t pain, I never use a money order.  After a fiasco my neighbor had with USPS loosing a payment made by money order, I would never

use a money order for something this important and time sensitive.  Western Union are not quite as friendly or cooperative as my credit

union or LARA for that matter. 

Although... a money order or cashiers check from your own bank or credit union are much easier to track than stopping into your local

cvs to get a western union or w/e company money order, imo.

I also think that the best way, although not mandatory, is to send payment certified receipt. My reasons for doing this is 1, it makes sense.

2, USPS lost one of my rent payments w/ a personal check in it.  I called them several times and each person I talked with was rude and

not helpful at all.  I then had to go to my cu and put a stop payment on that check. It bothers me when I happen to think of it, that there is

a piece of mail floating around somewhere, with all my banking info, home addy + my signature on that check.

I picked up several of each form (2) for cert mail @ the post office the 1st time I registered w/ LARA so

I can have them filed out prior to going to the post office to mail my paperwork.

grassmatch... maybe some of these issues... like make sure your check or m/o has cleared... can be put on your list of secret ways to avoid arrest?

I only send personal checks, I can verify right on my laptop if my check was cashed and imediatly make a copy of my cashed check front and back right from home!

That does suck imi that your check was lost in the mail and you had to do a stop payment, I beleive it cost me something like 30 bucks to stop payment on a check,  You say your acct is credit union, I think c.u's are the best and friendliest to work with, I rarely go to my credit union, only to fix my pass word that I keep forgetting when they make me change it every 90 days lol!

If you think about how many letters go thru the usps every day, You/We have to figure some are going to get messed up or lost, or a lazy mail man/woman dont feel like delivering that day so they have a bombfire that evening and burn their work for the day :hair:

lara should have a change form for c.g's that want to quit a pt, or if a pt dies like the op wrote about!

Peace

grassmatch... maybe some of these issues... like make sure your check or m/o has cleared... can be put on your list of secret ways to avoid arrest?

Definitely !  thanks for adding those. I use a usps MO and can track that. However I have never encountered an issue with them cashing the money order, EVEN when the application is denied. They state using that on the website as unreliable, but it still makes me feel comfy. along with a return receipt of cert mailing.