Legislation To Ban Grow Lights?

cindy48647

Yep, that's what I was told by a repairman from charter.

It seems when I had WiFi put in , I caused modems to not work correctly throughout my neighborhood!an this is also causing problems with police radios.

I havent heard of anyone else having this issue.

So now I have to move my veg light to a different part of my room away from charters signal in my basement. So far there's been three different guys over here from charter that know I am a grower. I don't like that one bit.

My daughter and grandson are living with me ( hopefully for not very much longer) and I worry one of them guys will open up their mouths and say anything about a toddler living here.

I'm curious if any of our people have heard of legislation to ban certain grow lights.

They came to my front door (Brighthouse networks) asking if im running anything electronic that comes on at exactly 6 pm I asked for a supervisor he came into my home I showed him my cards he asked to see my gear I told him that wasn't possible due to it being in my grow area I showed him my equipment online he instructed a tech guy to install a suppresser on my incoming line that was 2 years ago ive had zero problem since no way this bill passes if introduced im sure that the manufacturers will send lobbyists to make sure that doesn't happen.

Problem solved, I'll just have my husband bring his extra magnetic ballast down and switch to a 400 for now.

I just worry that out of the three charter guys that came here , one of them knows a cop and will point out where their radio problems are coming from.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Edited by cindy48647

better to put modem on ground floor and electromagnetic wave generator (ballast) in basement.

or maybe some lead / brass shielding around said ballast would help.

http://www.twpinc.com/wire-mesh/TWPCAT_1/p_016X016B0180W36T

well i have not tested this kind of homemade faraday cage for wifi interference with ballasts so i dont know if it will work.

Food for thought, I am no expert. However I have wired a considerable amount of residential and commercial sound equipment and HID lighting.

Shared neutrals cause problems.

Wall warts (aka know as wall transformers) like we us for phones, printers etc can cause problems.

These problems are usually confined to the dwelling or building that they are installed in.

Improper wiring can acerbate the problem when two different electrical circuits inadvertently have there neutrals connected in a junction somewhere.   

I always use dedicated circuits for HID lighting.

Using a 10 gage neutral even if the circuit is wired with 12 gage wire will help with sound producing electronics. Probably not for HID.

HID lighting will be with us for quite some time. More expensive grow ballast have less line noise.

However a few lights should not cause any problems with large amount of emf outside of the home.

They can interfere with signals in the home.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought by now that some of the small minded, frustrated local government thugs would have resorted to some type of new building code ordinances that would require a license and inspection to run HID's, under some bogus "safety" concerns.

I mean...

If I were an anti-freedom Republican hypocrit (AKA- a "Rick Jones"), determined to get into everyone's business (while I publicly preach "less government"), I'd be all over this angle. He could charge us for the license and inspection (and pretend it's not a tax), get into our homes and drag hundreds of people into court, claiming "fire hazards" and "unsafe conditions" for children.

Sort of like what they are tryng to do with abortion. Make up all kinds of ridiculous regulations because they hate the underlying activity.

It's comin'

assuming a greenhouse discreet and never would get broken in to, Would the sun produce better meds?  There wouldn't be any control over the timing of the lights, though.  Would this be a problem?

Superior Meds?...Yes

Problem.?........... No        Hemp has  been growing fine without us for thousands of years..  Just recently we have been trying to imitate nature in a box.  There is No comparison..The Sun kicks azz

Edited by beourbud

assuming a greenhouse discreet and never would get broken in to, Would the sun produce better meds?  There wouldn't be any control over the timing of the lights, though.  Would this be a problem?

did you make a thread not long ago about being a c.g? just wondering?

Peace