Army Vet Calls Police On Himself; Turns Over Marijuana Stash

bobandtorey

WEDDINGTON, NC (WBTV) -

A local Army veteran says he decided to call the police on himself, to raise awareness about medical marijuana, and help prove his point. He spoke to WBTV the night before his first court appearance.

Robert Dorr had no problem inviting WBTV into his home and telling us everything we wanted to know. He says he's an open book, and believes one day he'll win his fight to legalize marijuana in all 50 states.

"I could have been quiet. I could have just minded my own business," he said.

Union County Army veteran Robert Door decided to call the police on himself in December, and tell them he had a marijuana stash he'd been growing for almost a year. Now, his secret is out, and he's willing to keep fighting.

"I was already in this fight for myself. It seems pretty simple that if you're going that way anyway if you can help other people it's certainly a civic duty,"  he said.

Dorr says the plant has helped curb his post traumatic stress disorder and other medical issues he's suffered for decades.

"My first injury that started things for me was chemical burns to my lungs," he said.

Soon after, Dorr began inhaling pot with a vaporizer several times a day. He says the big reason he's coming forward is to show people, mostly lawmakers, that medical marijuana should be the norm in every state.

"Our politicians essentially are just turning a blind eye for you pick the reasons," he said.

Dorr will appear before a judge Tuesday. Sources say he'll ask for a trial by jury with hopes to bring the issue before a group of people. WBTV has learned other veterans in uniform will be at the courthouse to support Dorr.

http://www.wncn.com/story/24439006/army-vet-calls-police-on-himself-turns-over-marijuana-stash

they postponed his trial.

http://www.wncn.com/story/24449750/disabled-vet-fighting-for-nc-medical-marijuana-appears-in-court

i'm guessing because he was working with a group of jury nullification people and they got a news story the day before the court day. so now they put it off for 3 months. maybe put a few anti-marijuana news stories out between here and there.

i wonder if the judge will let him say 'medical marijuana' or not in court? just like here they ban free speech in court, why?

You've got that wrong sir. I've spent countless hours, many dollars, and did a lot of soul searching to remain legal, and represent properly within the LARA frame. I have no issues with the law, they have none with me, and I grow some of the best medicinals around. I suffer no garden issues, and use no pesticides, and gladly share all of my techniques with any who are interested. Techniques for staying safe, legal, and in good favor from the cannabis goddess Shiva.

I believe that proper representation within our movement begins at home, and thank those who practice it, to help our plight along.

And you where no help  :lolu: 

You've got that wrong sir. I've spent countless hours, many dollars, and did a lot of soul searching to remain legal, and represent properly within the LARA frame. I have no issues with the law, they have none with me, and I grow some of the best medicinals around. I suffer no garden issues, and use no pesticides, and gladly share all of my techniques with any who are interested. Techniques for staying safe, legal, and in good favor from the cannabis goddess Shiva.

I believe that proper representation within our movement begins at home, and thank those who practice it, to help our plight along.

I was only trying to be funny sorry