106 Marijuana Plants Seized In Marysville Drug Bust

bobandtorey

Members of the St. Clair County Drug Task Force and Marysville Police Department seized 106 marijuana plants, more than 13 pounds of processed marijuana, a small quantity of suspected psilocybin mushrooms and $13,000 in cash during a search Monday.

The owner of the home in the 3300 block of Ravenswood is a medical marijuana caregiver, according to a news release from the St. Clair County Sheriff Department.

The 36-year-old man’s second home in the 1000 block of Miller Street in Port Huron also was searched. Officials found a small amount of marijuana and gaming tables.

The man was released from custody pending results on the suspected drugs from the Michigan State Police Crime Laboratory.

Primary caregivers are allowed to have a total of six patients, including themselves, according to the Michigan Marijuana Law. The caregiver is allowed to possess no more than 2.5 ounces of processed marijuana per patient and 12 plants per patient.

“We understand that there is a Michigan law allowing for possession of a specified amount of medical marijuana by caregivers,” said St. Clair County Sheriff Tim Donnellon in the news release. “This individual greatly exceeded the amount allowed by law, along with having psilocybin mushrooms in his possession.”

http://www.thetimesherald.com/viewart/20140115/NEWS05/140115002/106-marijuana-plants-seized-Marysville-drug-bust

maybe freshly harvested and drying?

no clue..

this is a prime example of what not to do if you want to be compliant..

by the sounds of it i suspect this person has ties to a dispensary or some type of distribution network..

another black eye is forming upon us decent and law abiding (even if the law is wrong) citizens..... please stay out of the COA  but ted...

you've seen it before resto. cops count whatever they want to count and call it a 'plant'.

i'm not saying it happened here, as i dont know the details. but of course its happened before. especially in oakland county.

or do you trust oakland county police to tell the truth now?

anyone still trust detective mark ferguson? i guess the court of appeals does haha.

am curious what you do if you dont hang plants? let them dry in the dirt?

hell, they could have counted each branch as a new plant. that was a case komorn defended iirc.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/42504-komorn-law-pllc-14-pound-medical-marihuana-case-dismissed-pursuant-to-section-8-of-the-mmma/

yeah, 14 pound case defended by komorn. was it 'not medical' because 14 pounds wet? 

when did people turn on medical patients and caregivers around here?

Yes, I was just guessing, following paths of thought and possibility from past life experiences.

I pick one bud at a time and clean it. Put it on a screen to dry. Very manageable. We have been giving advice here to stay in count for years now. Not like you couldn't think this up yourself though.

Turning? How about just thinking about what happened, with the possibility in mind that the story was not bogus. Who knows? It's a good teaching/learning tool anyway. Just like helping those folks that still hang pounds up to dry. They need HELP.

I pick one bud at a time and clean it. Put it on a screen to dry

Really?     You need Help....I can help you.....maybe

Are we Back to Hating on the PT/CG system again?

So much speculation.....so little evidence

One thing we know for sure is we dont know for sure

Edited by beourbud

A caregiver with 13 pounds of processed marijuana on hand. Why 'process' so much more than your demand and then hang onto it? The only sense I can make of it is that it was freshly imported from somewhere.

he is using our law to sell weed plain and simple, if if if the paper is right he has some gambling house and im sure with booze for after hrs, you have never been to any?

but than again if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle!

Peace

410P4Dn2LZL._AA160_.jpgI've used this flawless gem for years. It hangs from a scale so I can always see my weight at a glance, in case I'm interested. I cut buds off of sticks and stack them in this, inside a dedicated walk in grow tent, with dehumid, air flow/exchange, curing jar rack, and a stink sock exhaust.

you've seen it before resto. cops count whatever they want to count and call it a 'plant'.

i'm not saying it happened here, as i dont know the details. but of course its happened before. especially in oakland county.

or do you trust oakland county police to tell the truth now?

anyone still trust detective mark ferguson? i guess the court of appeals does haha.

am curious what you do if you dont hang plants? let them dry in the dirt?

hell, they could have counted each branch as a new plant. that was a case komorn defended iirc.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/42504-komorn-law-pllc-14-pound-medical-marihuana-case-dismissed-pursuant-to-section-8-of-the-mmma/

yeah, 14 pound case defended by komorn. was it 'not medical' because 14 pounds wet? 

when did people turn on medical patients and caregivers around here?

two homes+13 thousand cash+13 pounds of processed marijuana + shrooms + 106 plants + gaming tables......doesn't sound like a legitimate caregiver for five patients to me, but maybe the times herald isn't even a real news source so we should reach out and support this poor guy, unless he admits to being a drug dealer hiding behind our Act and a card here.  I wish cannabis prohibition was over.