Cg's Better Know Their Pt Has A "bona Fide Relationship" With Their Dr

GRAND RAPIDS, MI – The former owner of a marijuana dispensary has pleaded guilty to drug charges, but he is hoping the Michigan Supreme Court will spare him from facing any penalty.

Samer Hamed, 43, was arrested after police discovered a man had bought marijuana at Hamed’s business, Purple Med, 1365 Plainfield Ave. NE on Feb. 27.

The purchaser had a valid Michigan Medical Marijuana Act registration card, but police charged Hamed and his partner, Rick Hammad, with possession, manufacture and distribution of marijuana as well as maintaining a drug house.

The Kent County Prosecutor’s Office maintained the sale violated the law because the courts had made marijuana dispensaries essentially illegal.

Related: Healing or dealing? Grand Rapids medical marijuana dispensary owner heads to trial

In November, the Michigan Court of Appeals held that those providing marijuana have to verify that those they provide marijuana to have a “bona fide” relationship with a qualified physician.

Prosecutors maintain that Hamed did not verify that relationship for the customer who was from out of town and found Purple Med via an Internet search.

However, Hamed’s attorney is hoping the State Supreme Court will overturn the lower court decision in the case of People vs. Hartwick.

Stanley negotiated a plea agreement with Assistant Kent County Prosecutor Jay Stone where Hamed pleaded guilty this week to the delivery and manufacturing marijuana charge with the other charges being dismissed.

Under the terms of the agreement, Hamed will not face sentencing before Kent County Circuit Court Judge George Buth until Nov. 18.

If before November the State Supreme Court overturns the decision, Hamed could withdraw his plea. If the court does not overturn the Appeals Court decision, Hamed would face up to four years in prison.

Hamed’s alleged partner in the dispensary, Rick Hammad, was shot and killed around 11:50 p.m. Sept. 20 near the intersection of Dickinson Street and Linden Avenue SE.

No arrests have been announced related to Hammad’s slaying.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2014/01/former_medical_marijuana_dispe.html

sounds like his attny did a good job, but if the s.c doesnt overturn that decision he is screwed!

despesnse are not legal, p2p is not legal cg2cg is not legal

your only legal as a c.g if you only help in getting meds for your pt who is registered to you thru the state!

There is no way around it, I wish people would just stop and let the idiot politicians fix our law in stead of a judge!

When a judge adjusts a peoples aniative it can only be bad!  yes even worse the lying politicians, the politicians can legaly take bribes a judge cant!  I will put my cash with the corrupt politicians any day, a judge is just an attny and we all know what happens when an attny opens their mouth!!!!

Peace

and we're screwed now too. Imagine the time/costs involved in establishing a relationship with each of your patients' physicians. many of mine go on to grow on, and only remain a patient until they can provide for themselves. I could be at a dozen doctor visits a year potentially. This will tighten up relationships between cg and patients for sure, but ultimately will keep herb from those who need it. Every time the law catches someone trying to profit in our system, it seems our rules get more and more difficult to accept.  wonder what the end game will be?

sounds like his attny did a good job, but if the s.c doesnt overturn that decision he is screwed!

despesnse are not legal, p2p is not legal cg2cg is not legal

your only legal as a c.g if you only help in getting meds for your pt who is registered to you thru the state!

There is no way around it, I wish people would just stop and let the idiot politicians fix our law in stead of a judge!

When a judge adjusts a peoples aniative it can only be bad!  yes even worse the lying politicians, the politicians can legaly take bribes a judge cant!  I will put my cash with the corrupt politicians any day, a judge is just an attny and we all know what happens when an attny opens their mouth!!!!

Peace

This is just a complete and utterly mess....I'm dumb founded.   :roadrage:

I agree city's and counties just want to  scare growers 

If you grow Cannabis for medical reasons make sure you have about $7,500 on hand  somewhere  other then you grow room because Leo will take what they find  Car ,Home, money,maybe your Kid's also.

And if your married they could charge your wife for maintaining a drug house happens all the time Leo starts from the bottom and moves up and when your wife starts scramming at you saying i told you not to do it you have to think about so many things.

Now if someone is or was 100% Legal Doc Rec. 21 days before the raid 2.5 or less locked up with many years of medical records of their  sickness  and wants to stand up for whats right they get dogged here like Larry  did many times i haven't forgotten about some people that where here about his Dog house/ grow room  

But  if you want to fight your case add another $10,000 after that if you don't win 50/50 chance  it starts to double down $7,500 + $10,000 = 17,500 double down $20,000 = 37,500 so i'll just round it off to $40,000 or you could take a plea deal right out of the gate = $7,500 + fines and court cost 

Yes that is correct, but LEO,courts, and prosecutors want to manipulate our initiative.

Folks need to get educated before becoming a pt in MI, is all.

I would say that if the State of Michigan issued a card to the patient that alone would imply a de facto bona fide physician relationship.

If you can't trust the government who can you trust. :lolu:

Edited by MiMedical

you know what people v hartwick comes down to? 

never talking to the police. 'do you know your patients name?' ... 'i am using my right to remain silent' 'i will not answer any questions without my lawyer'.

do we still have that right to remain silent before being arrested? i cannot remember what the facist supreme court ruled on that?

but also the coa will be overturned, hopefully with a vengeance.

Edited by t-pain

and we're screwed now too. Imagine the time/costs involved in establishing a relationship with each of your patients' physicians. many of mine go on to grow on, and only remain a patient until they can provide for themselves. I could be at a dozen doctor visits a year potentially. This will tighten up relationships between cg and patients for sure, but ultimately will keep herb from those who need it. Every time the law catches someone trying to profit in our system, it seems our rules get more and more difficult to accept.  wonder what the end game will be?

I think it is B.S I always have my pt's paper work before and after my card comes, the paper work says the dr's name and what her ailgment is, good enough for me, I dont plan on leo coming to my house,,,knocking on wood lmfao!,,,,,,,I realy dont, as im sure most people dont expect leo in there house or car or life, what is on that paper work is all I know!

that above is for most c.g's I would have to say its enough!

my pt is my lady so yea I do know her dr. and I do go with her, so I do know all that s h i t my c.g dont, he probably dont even know who my doc is, see I fill out my pts stuff, and I fill out my stuff and wait for c.g to sign his form, I already have all of his other info and copys of liscense and etc, I keep all that, I know he dont have mine, I offer it to him when ever we re up, he says he dont need it,

If this bona fide dr thing worked, your own dr's would rec and renew you, it sucks, if that part of the law works the way the thieves want it to work we wont have to many dr's certing people, it should go the other way, I wish we could boycot dr's and hospitals for not allowing their staff to partake in the program, but when im strokin out I have to go to a hospital!

It is most phaqed up, I dont know which dr or dr's help to pass this thru, but they only helped them selves and not their pt's and thats my opinion and im sticking to it!

The dr or dr's that helped the house and senate come up with these bills had big arse $$$$ in their eyes, why else would they push this?  they know big hospitals and pharmicuticals are against mm or just cant sign people unless they are in private practice, and the only ones in private practice are drug dr's! and they dont stay in biz long, soon enough some one dies of an overdose from the meds the dr.s give them or they get questioned about the massive amount of narcotics they prescribe and get shut down or suspened for a while and if they come back they dont do certs, I could go on an on about this, I do know at least 1 dr that helped with that bill, I just dont like to do lynchings in here, but if I have to because that dr is gonna voice his/her opinion I most def will, im sick of this b.s and I guess the best thing that could happen is make it all out legal and get these dr.s off of the mm payroll!

Peace

I think it is B.S I always have my pt's paper work before and after my card comes, the paper work says the dr's name and what her ailgment is, good enough for me, I dont plan on leo coming to my house,,,knocking on wood lmfao!,,,,,,,I realy dont, as im sure most people dont expect leo in there house or car or life, what is on that paper work is all I know!

my pt is my lady so yea I do know her dr. and I do go with her, so I do know all that s h i t my c.g dont, he probably dont even know who my doc is, see I fill out my pts stuff, and I fill out my stuff and wait for c.g to sign his form, I already have all of his other info and copys of liscense and etc, I keep all that, I know he dont have mine, I offer it to him when ever we re up, he says he dont need it,

If this bona fide dr thing worked, your own dr's would rec and renew you, it sucks, if that part of the law works the way the thieves want it to work we wont have to many dr's certing people, it should go the other way, I wish we could boycot dr's and hospitals for not allowing their staff to partake in the program, but when im strokin out I have to go to a hospital!

It is most phaqed up, I dont know which dr or dr's help to pass this thru, but they only helped them selves and not their pt's and thats my opinion and im sticking to it!

The dr or dr's that helped the house and senate come up with these bills had big arse $$$$ in their eyes, why else would they push this?  they know big hospitals and pharmicuticals are against mm or just cant sign people unless they are in private practice, and the only ones in private practice are drug dr's! and they dont stay in biz long, soon enough some one dies of an overdose from the meds the dr.s give them or they get questioned about the massive amount of narcotics they prescribe and get shut down or suspened for a while and if they come back they dont do certs, I could go on an on about this, I do know at least 1 dr that helped with that bill, I just dont like to do lynchings in here, but if I have to because that dr is gonna voice his/her opinion I most def will, im sick of this b.s and I guess the best thing that could happen is make it all out legal and get these dr.s off of the mm payroll!

Peace

Halleluiah and Amen.

Peace

Since when ? oh bwahaha, just teasing ya phaq !

Good post, thanks!

Get all the blood suckers off our backs!!!