Owning Firearms And Being A Cpl Holder.

I know quite a few people that do. Whether it is because it is perfectly legal or because different branches of Government don't talk to each other I couldn't say, only that many people have both and seem to be doing fine. The text of the law does say MMJ card holders shall not lose any rights or privileges but the law really means very little to Law Enforcement or local Gov't. I personally believe that having a MMJ card does not deprive you of ANY of your Constitutionally protected rights, but I am not a judge, lawyer, or drug cop so you should talk to a lawyer and in the end you should do what is right for you and your family.

Personally, I would never give up my right to keep and bear arms or to control my own medication, regardless of what the law says. After all, our laws used to say that a black man was worth 3/5 of a white man for voting purposes, women couldn't vote at all, and gay people were mentally ill. What is legal is not always just and what is just isn't necessarily legal. Make up your own mind on the matter and be careful.

the right to own a firearm is not denied once you are registered but possession of a firearm while manufacturing a schedule 1 drug may be the issue.

If you go to purchase a firearm after you have a card you would have to lie on a federal form to complete the sale. This would have penalties on its own.

If truthful, the salesperson has been directed by the ATF to deny you a gun sale.

I suggest keeping them unloaded at all times, dont carry guns and mj, keep your firearms and ammo far away from any evidence of marijuana. Reach for the non lethal options in the middle of the night, instead of the firearm, save those for the riots. no more  target shooting at home for thought.

You REALLY want LEO to KNOW you have a gun? They consider us law-breakers anyways. Tasers are illegal in Michigan,but everybody and anybody can have a rifle. Personally,we don't want anybody close enough to have to use a handgun for protection.Bows be the way to go. Quiet,and can be hung right on the wall as decorations. A couple bales of straw,a target,you're all set.Plus fun to practice with.

As per my discussion with cannabis counsel. " its not really breaking a law, but you don't want to"

Does it matter if the grow is in a seperate building " I think we can defend that as long as its not within access of a grow where they can say its used in manufacturing".

I do not advise this, but it will work.

It's ten bucks to disenroll on a change form et? When you take a hiatus from medicating, then you could truthfully fill out the atf....then is you re enroll, you do ;).

We are not second rate citizens.....lock your Zoloft or vicodin up? Loose your right to bare arms.....something like that started brewing in Germany a few years ago I do believe....

Anyways, I still don't like to play with fire ( the wife who says don't five them reasons....not gov!) So I don't have em......

Edited by Dankthsea

So overall if she gets her MM card she can just kiss her cpl and any right of owning/buying a firearm good bye? That is something i do not think we could do. We have some tough decision making to do.

Another question i had was if she does get her card does that mean the LEO can search our house without a warrant? 

this is one incident where I will say what I do and not what the law is, as far as I can tell if you say on your ccw permit you are an mm pt they are not supposed to give it to you, dont tell them, they cant find out legaly!

as far as long guns go, ive bought 3 since being a pt, had absolutely no problem and I have a loaded gun or 2 in my home, in my camper when im camping and I hope to god I dont have to use it, but I would if need be,

When I recieve several hand guns from my dad I will register them, I dont realy want a ccw permit, their were many times in my adult life that I most likly would have used it if it was on me at certain times, so ive realy never been interested in a ccw, but I am interested in open carry lol!

Peace

The question asks if you are using illegal drugs. Since we are legal cardholders in our state it is not a lie. They do not specify "federally" illegal.

That's because you are signing a federal form.

Here's a good discussion on this. The planet green trees episode on page 3 addresses this at about the 28-30 min. mark.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/42667-do-card-holders-have-a-legal-right-to-defend-themselves-with-a-gun/page-3

It is a risk no matter how you slice it. If your county has a phallic symbol for a prosecutor then I would advise against it. If your county is passive about it carry on. If you are transporting meds do not transport your gun. Do not draw attention to yourself from law enforcement, they are not actively scanning the horizon for us. Michigan has changed a great deal in the last 5 years.

The question asks if you are using illegal drugs. Since we are legal cardholders in our state it is not a lie. They do not specify "federally" illegal.

Bingo... The form asks if you are an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance. If you are a legal, cardholding medical patient, the obvious answer to that question is NO.

Im not a lawyer, and this is my opinion, but I don't see how answering that question NO could be considered lying on a government form. Im not an unlawful user, nor am I addicted to MEDICAL marijuana.

I heard marijuana, according to the US govern-ment(al), is a scheduled 1 drug, with no medical purpose, remains illegal ,and cultivation, manufacturing, and distribution is a violation of federal law, maybe?  If that has not changed, it remains illegal to lie on a federal form.

The gun stores have been instructed to specifically deny a marijuana card holder a gun purchase, so I think at least THEY still believe that guns and marijuana do not mix. look at the use of this as a plea bargaining tool with home growers and dispensaries raided for example.

Bingo... The form asks if you are an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance. If you are a legal, cardholding medical patient, the obvious answer to that question is NO.

Im not a lawyer, and this is my opinion, but I don't see how answering that question NO could be considered lying on a government form. Im not an unlawful user, nor am I addicted to MEDICAL marijuana.

Marijuana either medically or recreationally is unlawful or illegal at the federal level. Therefore if you answer that question no, and you are using in some way, you are lying in the federal governments eyes.

I would not want to test your theory of the law the hard way...

Edited by GrassMonkey

A gun is something im not willing to give up for mm! nothing is worth giving up my right to bare arms, so I give mine up because I use/grow mm I cant have one,  but the punk on the corner selling crack has one, do you realy think you need to worry more about an mm pt with a gun or a drug dealer hopped up on crack or meth with a gun?

In this case I truly dont care what the law is, I Like to put a few long guns in with my plants so I can hold up the heavier buds with them, and I wont mind yanking it out of there and using either!

Peace

Yikes !  guns are not conducive to the peaceful connectivity and spirituality of marijuana cultivation. The east Indians rubbing charas from the morning buds and massaging it with the early dew for the evenings ceremony don't carry guns, or even own them. They are victimized often, such is life.  If I was them, I'd keep a 12 gauge behind the shack door anyways, just sayin'