Please Help Me Obtain Card And Info On Obtaining Meds

Obtaining a card has been a very frustrating process.  I am from out of state, and don't know anyone or the area. 

I have brain damage which affects my concentration and memory.  It also affects my ability to drive.  I used to drive 5mph over now I drive 5mph under.  Not a big deal, except for people behind me.  Then they honk, cut me off and follow me into a parking lot threaten to beat me up.

WTF is wrong with you people in Michigan? 

How well can these doctors offices be trusted?  Most places look like shady fly-by-night operations.  Has anyone had their identity stolen from these places?  You don't know who youre sharing your personal information with.  They never seem to answer phone calls or texts.  When you go to the office, there's usually no one there.  If there is someone there, its never any doctor that can sign off on paperwork.

So eventually I get the card, how do I obtain the medicine?  I don't know the law, but it sounds like any exchange of meds is illegal.  So its back to dealing with shady back alley people without any quality control.  Again, I do not know anyone in this state

What am I missing?  It seems like the law was written for people that can grow their own meds.  If you cant grow, how do you obtain meds legally?

Edited by jamf

first...

welcome to the forums. we are glad you are here.

you said you are from out of state... did you recently move to Michigan?  which area are you now living in?

we can help you find good doctors..

there are unscrupulous individuals in every industry however cannabis seems to attract many people with less than perfect attitudes...

the thing to remember is cannabis can and does help. 

i can totally relate to you driving 5 under... after i was divorced i took a couple years off and drove a semi truck.. ever since..  i follow two basic rules when i am on the road

1) SLOW DOWN there is no reason on earth to be is such a dam hurry

2) Stay away from any and all semi trucks..

you never know..the drivers may be just starting or just finishing a shift at any given time of the day... its best to avoid tangling with the commercial drivers if you can avoid it.. :)

welcome to MMMA and Michigan

I live in Wayne County and would prefer not to obtain meds in Detroit, so Ive been looking for certification around Ann Arbor.  I will consider the Detroit area if I can get some references and know where to look. 

Edited by jamf

welcome to michigan! if you drive too slow, you will get shot at. people drive crazy, i dont know why.

identity stolen? no, all doctor offices have to keep patient info confidential because of hipaa and mmma rules.

police may have stolen some patient records in a case or two.

theres a few good doctors listed here

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/44924-bona-fide-physicians/

http://doctorbix.com/
http://www.drpaulmeyer.com/
http://www.greenlitetroy.com/
http://www.drbobmmj.com/

your best doctor to get a cert from is your regular doctor. if your regular doc will write one. sometimes they are anti-mmj.

as for obtaining meds, you can grow your own and still get a caregiver, who you register with the state for $10 to get medicine from. thats the only way to do sec4 protected transfers.

the supreme court of michigan has said that patients may obtain marijuana from anyone and be protected by sec4 (only the person giving marijuana to you wont be protected by sec4 if they are not registered to you as a caregiver). so you can obtain meds from anyone willing to transfer to you. theres a few dispensaries open, especially in ann arbor, you can find them on weedmaps website or craigslist sometimes.

Edited by t-pain

I have many health issues and take mj seriously. 

The mainstream is never going to take medical marijuana seriously.  Marijuana will be forever associated with Cheech and Chong.  That's like associating all drinking with Animal House.

When they name strains like Trainwreck, bubba kush, or Green Crack, that does not help.

100 years ago, medical cannabis was legal.  It was available as a tincture or some other nasty tasting oral form.  It was  like disgusting cough syrup that made you feel better.  It was never meant to be smoked.

Smoking should only be reserved for severe illnesses like aids.  Where nausea prevents the patient from ingesting meds orally.

When a doc give a prescription for pain medicine its usually in pill form.  They don't hand you a vial/syringe and tell you to spike up.  They will administer the pain meds intravenously in extreme cases like accidents and surgery.

Smoking is what keeps medical marijuana from being taken seriously.  Smoking should be discouraged and only allowed in extreme cases.

Edited by jamf

there is some truth in what you are saying..

but remember..

this is a fledgling industry and many new forms of cannabis are coming to light..

thanks to the Michigan Court of Appeals as they are the buttheads that have restricted us (as patients who have full control over our own medical decisions and capabilities) in our ability to use medibles and refined cannabis products.

send a letter to your new senator and  congressmen

actually, a very ill person is advised to NOT smoke burning dried herbs for the release of their active ingredients, rather they should vaporize or ingest their medicine. Physicians have been prescribing "puffers" and small vials of medicine to be vaporized in nebulizers for a long time, so it is common for patients  to inhale their medicine. My brother n law wouldn't stop eating corn syrup, junk food, sugar with reckless abandon, and his doctor handed him a syringe, and  small vials to inject himself several times a day with no supervision, for thought.

The mainstream is never going to take medical marijuana seriously.  Marijuana will be forever associated with Cheech and Chong.  That's like associating all drinking with Animal House.

When they name strains like Trainwreck, bubba kush, or Green Crack, that does not help.

100 years ago, medical cannabis was legal.  It was available as a tincture or some other nasty tasting oral form.  It was  like disgusting cough syrup that made you feel better.  It was never meant to be smoked.

Smoking should only be reserved for severe illnesses like aids.  When a doc give a prescription for pain medicine its usually in pill form.  They don't hand you a vial/syringe and tell you to spike up.

Smoking is what keeps medical marijuana from being taken seriously.

Smoking should only be reserved for severe illnesses like aids.  Where nausea prevents the patient from ingesting meds orally.

When a doc give a prescription for pain medicine its usually in pill form.  They don't hand you a vial/syringe and tell you to spike up.

Smoking is what keeps medical marijuana from being taken seriously.

Doctors write NO SMOKING right on the forms when appropriate. Leave it up to the doctor-patient relationship to decide what is appropriate. That's why it's not an instant 'write a rec' for serious doctors who know how the courts work.

some patients and cg's come out of the gate with attempts to avoid the rules of our Act, or don't even know them yet. These are sometimes the same patients and caregivers that end up in court, and ultimately change the rules, and allow the court to chip away at our freedoms. Know the rules of the game before you play it. We can help every step of the way. We didn't write the rules, we're attempting to abide by them. here they are for your review ;

http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-35299_63294_63303_51869_52138---,00.html

I'd say theirs nothing (WTF) wrong with us people, accept we suffer like you, and try to get by, like you.

actually, a very ill person is advised to NOT smoke burning dried herbs for the release of their active ingredients, rather they should vaporize or ingest their medicine. Physicians have been prescribing "puffers" and small vials of medicine to be vaporized in nebulizers for a long time, so it is common for patients  to inhale their medicine. My brother n law wouldn't stop eating corn syrup, junk food, sugar with reckless abandon, and his doctor handed him a syringe, and  small vials to inject himself several times a day with no supervision, for thought.

man thats scary when you put it like that GM...

to become a diabetic...

After taking custody of my mother, a diabetic2 for about 6 yrs prior, I was able to CURE her "diabetes2" with just a few dietary habit changes. she went from insulin, pricking, test strips, multiple "diabetes" drugs. Besides an upside down food pyramid, crying spells, depression, all it took was 6 months. I've watched recovering heroin addicts with  several hundred dollar/day habits act just like her when these changes were implemented. all is good now though, and she thanks me.

the list these quacks hand out start with this;

these are foods you should eat in moderation

potatoes

white rice.....

think they could have worded that maybe like this;

Foods you need to stop thinking about, unless you're ready to die, after suffering for years first, with no legs, kidneys, maybe.

I am not attempting to avoid the rules.

I got the Michigan DL to prove residency and medical documents proving my medical need.  The DL was ridiculous.  Birth certificate and ss card wasn't enough.  Had to bring in a high skool yearbook to show a pic.  Wtf?

I haven't found any reputable appearing doctors offices.   Looks like anyone can open an office, pretending to be a doctor signing off on the paper work.  How are you gonna verify the doctor?  By his diploma on his wall?  How do you know it wasn't printed out from his computer.  A scammer could do this for about a month making a quick buck and get out.  THen your card isn't valid and a criminal has your personal info.

The only reason I bring up my brain damage, is cause affects my driving.  Driving is ok, but when I got to look for a dinky lil doctors office, its much more difficult.  Also, most docs aren't until available dinnertime (rush hour)

Again, I don't know anybody or the area. 

I did have a road rage incident.  Some 6'8" tall juiced up gorilla followed me into a parking lot.  He gets out of his car and comes up to my window yelling at me.  Talking about people getting yanked out of the car and getting beat up.  Ok, Im just supposed to sit there and let some idiot threaten my life.  flower THAT

some patients and cg's come out of the gate with attempts to avoid the rules of our Act, or don't even know them yet. These are sometimes the same patients and caregivers that end up in court, and ultimately change the rules, and allow the court to chip away at our freedoms. Know the rules of the game before you play it. We can help every step of the way. We didn't write the rules, we're attempting to abide by them. here they are for your review ;

http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-35299_63294_63303_51869_52138---,00.html

I'd say theirs nothing (WTF) wrong with us people, accept we suffer like you, and try to get by, like you.

I sorry, but I didn't mean to imply you were trying to avoid the rules, but we read here of those who do. I would like to make the point that an understanding of the rules, like, "how do I obtain marijuana" legally, are key to avoiding arrest, and avoiding negative changes to our act by court rulings.

I don't know anyone that I ever signed as a patient, they are all strangers, purposely. You could start a thread asking to find a caregiver in your area. so, do you have your card now, or not?

ask the forum for doctor names in your area, and use google to find their websites. good luck

I got the Michigan DL to prove residency and medical documents proving my medical need.  The DL was ridiculous.  Birth certificate and ss card wasn't enough.  Had to bring in a high skool yearbook to show a pic.  Wtf?

probably republicans did this to make it harder for mexicans to get drivers licenses and vote in michigan. being from arizona, you've probably seen similar things happen there. i remember the state is pretty anti-immigration, at least the elected officials.

the only people who can sign a doc rec form are D.O. or M.D. , the doctor's michigan doctor license number must be printed on the dr recommendation form for mmj. so you can then look them up that way. also the drs have to provide their license id , you can call up the clinic and ask them for it as well.

it is a problem if you go to a non-reputable cert-mill and they dont have good contact info for patients to contact their doctor when needed.

theres a compassion club that has meetings (with a doctor) in southgate every month, http://www.mycompassion.org . you could go to a free public meeting there and they can find you a good doctor or maybe a caregiver.

Edited by t-pain

that's the funny thing, AZ all you need a birth certificate, social security card, and proof of residency.  Very simple.  I thought bringing in a high school yearbook was ridiculous

probably republicans did this to make it harder for mexicans to get drivers licenses and vote in michigan. being from arizona, you've probably seen similar things happen there. i remember the state is pretty anti-immigration, at least the elected officials.

the only people who can sign a doc rec form are D.O. or M.D. , the doctor's michigan doctor license number must be printed on the dr recommendation form for mmj. so you can then look them up that way. also the drs have to provide their license id , you can call up the clinic and ask them for it as well.

it is a problem if you go to a non-reputable cert-mill and they dont have good contact info for patients to contact their doctor when needed.

theres a compassion club that has meetings (with a doctor) in southgate every month, http://www.mycompassion.org . you could go to a free public meeting there and they can find you a good doctor or maybe a caregiver.

Edited by jamf