Now Why Can't I Use The Video From The Police Cars?

My attorney has advised me that there will be no video from my traffic stop that would prove the police had no reason to pull me over in the first place.  I thinks he's railroading me to preserve or build his reputation with the city attorney.  I've already paid him literally every penny I have, almost $4K for a misdemeanor.  Yes, I really NEED to beat this case.

According to a ranking by the National Motorist Association, Livonia was voted as the U.S. city with the most speed traps.

Now why with a reputation like this would they not want to provide video to avoid the appearance of impropriety?  In my case the answer is simple.  The video would prove my innocence and that they not only pulled me over with no cause but then executed an illegal search and found my legal meds.  I'm trying to get my mouthpiece to put into writing why we can't see video.  The order for mutual discovery seems clear that he can see it.

either they got video or they dont.

if they got it, you can see it. if they dont, they dont.

said you were making a turn , was it yellow or green light? used turn signals? didnt squeal any tires? looked both ways? was not using cell phone ? brake lights working? wearing seatbelt?

did your atty file motion to dismiss under sec3f (with details how 750.474 conflicts with section3f and thus MMMA section 7e says its inconsistent and doesnt apply) ?

i mean, ignore the traffic stop for now, your lawyer should have filed 2 motion to dismiss, one for sec3+sec7 and one for sec8. if he hasnt done that hes playing you badly. what happened to defending yourself ?

Edited by t-pain

I've been going back and forth with him.  I'm not defending myself.  My card WAS expired.  I'm good now. 

For the first time now he's making an effort to see if tape exists.  I gave him a completed section 8 motion.  He says he's going to file that at my court date Feb 6.

No turn, driving straight.  My mom was behind me.  My mom ran light.  I went through as it turned yellow.  They let her go.  The mother of my kids told them I was MMMP or worse.  She had kicked me out of our mutual house and I was living in my van or bus or moms couch.  Mom told me to get meds out of her house.  I said fine lets go to dinner and talk.  I pulled over to wait for her to get ticket or let go or what ever.  They didn't even want to talk to her.  Just to cuff me and search my vehicle.  They say consented but I locked the door behind me.  My back door was open ( no power locks, work van).  I'm not going to say they didn't smell it (loud chem sour).  It was inaccessible, in a case and in compliance ( no trunk).

Oh my lawyer now tells me that I did read correctly and I am entitled to video for my defense if it exists.

No cell, no tires, seat belt on, I used turn signal when I made turn and park to wait for my mom.

Edited by JKAJR

what reason did he give for pulling you over ?  how ya feel for letting your card expire and saving those bucks? (sry, had to)

It was never a matter of money.  The mother of my children didn't want me using cannabis.  When it was time for me to renew and she saw my paperwork on the counter she stole it and demanded that if I wanted to stay with her I would stop using meds.

But thanks for your very helpful words.  Section 8 is clear.  I'm not worried about the misdemeanor case as much as Livonia violating the rights of patients (card expired or not).  I never wanted to be a soldier in this war.  I've been drafted. 

I spent 4 days in Livonia city lock up with $900 bond on pot case and three trumped up traffic violations trying to remember a phone number.  I had some issues on the 90's and went a very long time without a drivers license.  Many of us are worried about our status as patients effecting our driving privileges.

I've said this before I'm not new here.  I've been here for many years.  I can't seem to login to my account so I set up this one.

The police because I'm a "pot head" and convicted drug felon don't seem to feel that I have rights.  I've had a valid card for years.  I let it go to try to save my family not a few bucks.

That being said there are too many trolls on this site.  I'm guilty of trolling a little on here.  That is why I stopped posting.  I suggest you do the same.

nah, just a nudge. Hopefully a patient or two will learn from this appreciated thread, and the root of the issue. I hear others here letting their cards expire, and finding themselves in court. Expiration dates give awesome warnings, for months even. If scolding one who didn't heed the warnings saves two other people from the same fate, it's worth it, sorry op, nothing personal.

you have my support here buddy, be nice. You made bad drug choices, more than once, and now need some help and support. Do you really expect nobody would poke you for driving around with pot and an expired card?  It most likely was a bogus stop, I believe you, they do this crap all the time, that's why we're on our best behavior. I am sorry to see your choices led you here. I'm sorry you chose to carry marijuana in the car , and sorry you let your card expire, all while attempting to preserve your driving privileges.  I carried marijuana in my car for years, while hiding it from a loved one. I was fortunate to not get caught, but if I did, I'd fully expect you to rib me the same.

Thanks for posting though, many trolls are bound to read of your decisions here, and hopefully learn info that helps them make better choices.

I ribbed you with that post, you should be able to take such a small nudge without anger. I didn't turn you in, or encourage you to drive with pot, or let your card expire.

I still support you though and I don't think you're a criminal, and I understand your anger and plight. Concentrate hard on this attorney, 4k seems a pretty hefty payment so far.

peace

It was never a matter of money.  The mother of my children didn't want me using cannabis.  When it was time for me to renew and she saw my paperwork on the counter she stole it and demanded that if I wanted to stay with her I would stop using meds.

But thanks for your very helpful words.  Section 8 is clear.  I'm not worried about the misdemeanor case as much as Livonia violating the rights of patients (card expired or not).  I never wanted to be a soldier in this war.  I've been drafted. 

I spent 4 days in Livonia city lock up with $900 bond on pot case and three trumped up traffic violations trying to remember a phone number.  I had some issues on the 90's and went a very long time without a drivers license.  Many of us are worried about our status as patients effecting our driving privileges.

I've said this before I'm not new here.  I've been here for many years.  I can't seem to login to my account so I set up this one.

The police because I'm a "pot head" and convicted drug felon don't seem to feel that I have rights.  I've had a valid card for years.  I let it go to try to save my family not a few bucks.

That being said there are too many trolls on this site.  I'm guilty of trolling a little on here.  That is why I stopped posting.  I suggest you do the same.

The mother of my children didn't want me using cannabis and demanded that if I wanted to stay with her I would stop using meds.

I never wanted to be a soldier in this war.  I've been drafted. 

I've said this before I'm not new here.  I've been here for many years. 

I'm a "pot head" and convicted drug felon,  I've had a valid card for years.  I let it go to try to save my family not a few bucks.

I'm guilty of trolling on here.  That is why I stopped posting.

It is probably time to do what you need to do so your children have a mom and dad in their life! you were not drafted for this war you volunteered.

So You never post here unless you have a problem? is that what im reading? you dont come here and try to help people, you come when you need people, kinda like church eh?

Peace

So You never post here unless you have a problem? is that what im reading? you dont come here and try to help people, you come when you need people, kinda like church eh?

Not the case.  When I came here years ago (jessiejamez) I had no problems.  I came to get informed and help where I could.  Ask Mr Redden, I've had him im my home and did what I could to help him when Jessica was after him.  I've sat back and watched all the internal conflict and didn't want to get involved.  I've watched you get banned and unbanned over the years.

If you think just walked through the door you got me confused.

Oh yeah peace Jim. 

Edited by JKAJR

That being said there are too many trolls on this site.  I'm guilty of trolling a little on here.  That is why I stopped posting.  I suggest you do the same

jkajr--grassmatch was speaking to the community members who have done what you did.  do not moan and bitchhhh--you are not a troll here--YOUR the poster child--grassmatch is saying to everyone don't be this foolish.  for you it's too late--for them, it is not---yet

Edited by pic book

Not the case.  When I came here years ago (jessiejamez) I had no problems.  I came to get informed and help where I could.  Ask Mr Redden, I've had him im my home and did what I could to help him when Jessica was after him.  I've sat back and watched all the internal conflict and didn't want to get involved.  I've watched you get banned and unbanned over the years.

If you think just walked through the door you got me confused.

Oh yeah peace Jim.

lmao!

oh yea

Peace

Jim lol

do not moan and bitchhhh--you are not a troll here--YOUR the poster child-

OMG i just called a troll by pic book....that's funny.  Oh yeah pic,I've seen your meds.....Keep trying!  You've solicited my grow rights more than once.  I've not responded cuz i didn't want to be rude.  But I'll say it mold, mites and premature.

Oh and not to be the grammar police but it's  YOU'RE not YOUR. 

Edited by JKAJR

that was cold, especially seeing as picbook DID NOT call you a troll, but said the opposite. You saw what you wanted to see, and lashed out on pic book. aint right man. If I did that, you'd be on my case right?  shake hands, and team up, we're all one door kick away from becoming a political prisoner you know.

OMG i just called a troll by pic book....that's funny.  Oh yeah pic,I've seen your meds.....Keep trying!  You've solicited my grow rights more than once.  I've not responded cuz i didn't want to be rude.  But I'll say it mold, mites and premature.

Oh and not to be the grammar police but it's  YOU'RE not YOUR. 

cardless is not the  way.

section 8 you go when you have no card, lots of cash like $15k for defense, an atty standing by who has a section 8 reputation.

for the average joe, or jkajr, section 8 is not is not is not until you have no other and then it is only--still--half-axxxzz.

that was cold, especially seeing as picbook DID NOT call you a troll, but said the opposite. You saw what you wanted to see, and lashed out on pic book. aint right man. If I did that, you'd be on my case right?  shake hands, and team up, we're all one door kick away from becoming a political prisoner you know.

It was meant to be.  I don't think I was wrong about what he was trying to say.  Pic book and Jim have both been trolling on this board for years.  Jim toots his own horn about how magnanimous he is.  I think I recall him having some felony stuff in County of Oaks from way way back(I could be wrong on that).

You're right about the political prisoner thing.  And they have come through my door.  It was unlocked so they didn't have to kick it.  I don't like locked doors.  I have been a prisoner.  I'm not an animal I don't like cages.  I became a patient hoping I'd never see the inside of one again.  I don't think a valid card would have gotten me anything but a DUID case.  We'll never know on that one.

I'm having a bad day.  It's been 6 weeks since I first told my mouthpiece the police video was important.  I allowed him to convince me that it wasn't going to be made available.  After asking him a series of loaded questions via text so I have documentation he admitted that he could get it and the request has been made.   arrrgh@!

People come here for help and information not to be harassed by goons.  I'm not the type to be intimidated by leo's or by trolls who think they are established here and I'm new.  I'm not.  I think that I've showed a lot more compassion to patients than either one of those two so called caregivers. 

Edited by JKAJR

lol............. Zap is gonna kill this thread as soon as he sees it!

There is a point here beyond renew your card and don't drive through Livonia with you're meds.  (notice the correct use of your and you're).

And yes it was 3-4 years ago that a got a sample of ole boys meds.

It's don't let anyone tell you that you don't have the right to the video.  If your lawyer tells you it won't help or it's not available make that person put that in writing.  They're telling me i consented to the search.  I locked the doors.  I hid the keys.  they video will prove that at least.  It will also prove that I didn't run the light.  That will make my fruity meds fruit from a poisonous tree.

Edited by JKAJR

Right Zap....... I also think it is important for people to understand that not every case is just people TESTING or PUSHING the law. An unregistered patient is provided for in the law. Some situations where people think it is the fault of the patient themselves because they utilized something written in our fine law should not be labeled as such. Perhaps we should all think about that every now and again.

Is it the safest route? Of course not.    

Is it provided for in the law? Absolutely.

I would like to think that we are ALL on the same side.