White House Deletes Blog Post Warning Against Marijuana Legalization

t-pain

its kind of silly that this is how we learn whats an opinion of the president and what policy changes are coming. the white house has deleted pages and blog posts before. notably the whistleblower protection on the obama election site: http://sunlightfoundation.com/blog/2013/07/25/obama-promises-disappear-from-web

this time, the white house deleted the anti-legalization school nurses supporting dea post.

(sorry for linking to the weeklystandard)

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/white-house-deletes-blog-post-warning-against-marijuana-legalization_775845.html

Monday morning, the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) blog at Whitehouse.gov published an entry titled: "Support for National Association of School Nurses' [NASN] Position on the Legalization of Marijuana." However, the original link for the post is now meet with a "Sorry, the page you're looking for can't be found" message, and the most recent post on the ONDCP blog is dated January 20.

The main thrust of the deleted entry is that the NASN agrees with the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) that "the overwhelming evidence" is that "any change in the legal status of marijuana, even if limited to adults, could affect the prevalence of use among adolescents."

which i'm guessing means full speed on the legalization train. choo choo!

Edited by t-pain

While it is natural to attribute this action to the realization the light at the end of the legalization tunnel is an oncoming train, in reality any move to reschedule cannabis is more likely the result Colorado's preliminary tax revenue estimates .

Personally, flawed as it is, I believe our current law is the best anyone could hope to have and anything the State or Federal Governments do to change or 'improve' it will be to the detriment of existing patients and caregivers.

Personally, flawed as it is, I believe our current law is the best anyone could hope to have and anything the State or Federal Governments do to change or 'improve' it will be to the detriment of existing patients and caregivers.

you sound like the dispensary owners who voted against prop19 in cali.

anything congress does to improve fed marijuana laws is a good idea. even rescheduling will open up research+prescriptions.

enough people have been put in prison over a plant.

They just doubled down again. Republicans are for Marijuana Rehab Camps.

Rick Perry ® Texas QUOTE:

All you marijuana haters are welcome in MY STATE. Come on down!

Chris Christie ® New Jersey QUOTE:

It makes me SICK TO MY STOMACH to think that someone could legally get marijuana to treat a migrain headache.

I think I will just keep laying low! if it happens awsome, if it dont im not bummed out! becuase I dont expect any thing good from our lying prez, any one out there been hit by obama care? any one on mi adult health aka medicaid has been that I know, they all have spend downs now, so basicaly the people I know on meds have to pay out right for all of their meds, and then the meet their spend down, hmmm I thought dems were for the poor people? dems are for making poor people pay or suffer for every one else, a mom with 2 kids gets her food stamps lowered and her medication raised! that helps now dont it?

alot of good people go into politics, but alot of bad come out!

Peace

I think I will just keep laying low! if it happens awsome, if it dont im not bummed out! becuase I dont expect any thing good from our lying prez, any one out there been hit by obama care? any one on mi adult health aka medicaid has been that I know, they all have spend downs now, so basicaly the people I know on meds have to pay out right for all of their meds, and then the meet their spend down, hmmm I thought dems were for the poor people? dems are for making poor people pay or suffer for every one else, a mom with 2 kids gets her food stamps lowered and her medication raised! that helps now dont it?

alot of good people go into politics, but alot of bad come out!

Peace

Yup, I got hit by ObamaCare. The insurance company was just about to cut off my prescription coverage because of pre-existing conditions. My prescrips cost upwards of $1500 a month. ObamaCare stopped the killing machine, the 'have no mercy' insurance company.

I'm not going to hold it against you personally Jim. All those times you had it backwards because of the BS you read and hear other places. But please, start thinking for yourself. Obama is helping you too and you can't even bring yourself to admit it. Just think of where your income comes from. Obama saved you.

The problem is that they wouldn't charge that much if it wasn't being covered by insurance.  Obamacare is just putting more people into the pool to pay for overpriced care.

Yup, I got hit by ObamaCare. The insurance company was just about to cut off my prescription coverage because of pre-existing conditions. My prescrips cost upwards of $1500 a month. ObamaCare stopped the killing machine, the 'have no mercy' insurance company.

I'm not going to hold it against you personally Jim. All those times you had it backwards because of the BS you read and hear other places. But please, start thinking for yourself. Obama is helping you too and you can't even bring yourself to admit it. Just think of where your income comes from. Obama saved you.

Obamacare does nothing to reduce the exorbitant costs of medicine.  They charge 13,700 for a cancer drug that costs them $300, how does this fix that?  Shoot people go over the border to get cheaper scrips in Canada.  All it does is draw in a larger group of people to cover the hi wages of the ceo's of insurance and drug companies.  Why do we pay 2x or more the cost for healthcare as other countries with the same results?  We're 30th in healthcare in the world and this does nothing to raise the bar, it only draws in more so these companies can keep their profits.  That means we all kick in so you don't get dropped.  Not saying that's wrong but it does nothing to the insurance and drug companies except get more customers.

Obamacare does nothing to reduce the exorbitant costs of medicine.  They charge 13,700 for a cancer drug that costs them $300, how does this fix that?  Shoot people go over the border to get cheaper scrips in Canada.  All it does is draw in a larger group of people to cover the hi wages of the ceo's of insurance and drug companies.  Why do we pay 2x or more the cost for healthcare as other countries with the same results?  We're 30th in healthcare in the world and this does nothing to raise the bar, it only draws in more so these companies can keep their profits.  That means we all kick in so you don't get dropped.  Not saying that's wrong but it does nothing to the insurance and drug companies except get more customers.

ObamaCare does exactly what it can do to fix the problem you pointed out, high administrative costs. It requires insurance companies to keep administrative costs below a certain threshold. ObamaCare can't do everything, it's not a magic bullet, but it does move us in the right direction on all the major problems plaguing health care in America. We are way down the road of run away health care, and past bad ideas, so this is going to take some time to turn the bus around.