Newbie Question: How Best To Store My Medicine To Maintain Quality?

vacuum resealable jars?

keep it out of air circulation, out of the light, and out of the damp and out of the heat.

just like any medication.

it lasts a while. some people say 6 months, but if it still works for you, hey why throw it away?

(just like those pills you got 4 years ago and didnt finish)

Edited by t-pain

vacuum resealable jars?

keep it out of air circulation, out of the light, and out of the damp and out of the heat.

just like any medication.

it lasts a while. some people say 6 months, but if it still works for you, hey why throw it away?

(just like those pills you got 4 years ago and didnt finish)     D I T T O

go to family dollar and grab a case of canning jars, I know ive had some for at least a yr in them, I like to save some of the bad arse stuff as long as I can, not that it all isnt good but as we know some you just cant get enough of! oh yea, and I like to have it around!

and most def burp em for a month or a lil longer or a lil less, I got to the point where all of my cured was taisting the same lol, so I had to change it up here and there, I would have no prob jarring them and putting em under ground for a yr!!

Peace

fridge temps change over time. would you eat something that was in your fridge for 6 months? yes/no ?

also theres light in a fridge, so you need opaque container.

freezer might have to worry about freezerburn. also possibility of losing moisture in dry environment.

freezer in 6 months it might come out dry as a bone.

hey you can always do an experiment, throw small bud in fridge/freezer , come back in 3 months and check them out.

Cannabis will degrade starting the day its harvested. Carboxyl groups are separated, more cbd results, and terpenes disappear. Terpenes are responsible for taste, smells, and effects. thc is a terpene, so is cbd. Basil sucks after six month storage in a jar too. My patients have always preferred fresh fruit, fresh herbs, and fresh cannabis. For best results, get a bong, with a larger bowl, enjoy the generosity.

i only grow for myself,i do one grow a year and work my way through it until the next year grow....i use a food saver vacuum machine with the canning jar attachment,after sealing them up i put them in a cooler and then in the root cellar.....when i open one of those up 10 months later, they smell better and taste as good as when i first put them up...i think the time they spend in the jar actully helps the cure,,,i haven't noticed any loss in the strength,,,i've never had a mold issue,,mold won't grow in a vacuum or in low temps so you can pack the meds while they still have a little moisture in them....but i guess if i could just pick a bud every morning and smoke it and not have to store anything that would be the way to go,lol,,but i don't have that option,,,,so if you have to store it, i suggest vacuum packed in jars and stored in a cool dark place...good luck...bp