A Spot For Us.

Drchopper74

So I'm a 38 year old male business owner, married with children. I am interested in learning about or starting a place for people that want a mature place to hang out. I grew up going to bars for social interaction but now I don't drink and bars are not geared for people that smoke. Dealing with drunk people, or bars to loud to talk in is not my idea of a good time anymore.

I want a place where I can go and relax, meet people, rejuvenate, and leave feeling refreshed and happy.

A place where I can smoke but isn't about black lights, a place where I can create, listen to music, chill.

This place would have stage for live music, pool table, dart boards, an artistic area that might have stuff for painting, pipe making, etc. books, coffee bar, video games, board games, ipad games, relaxing area, maybe laser tag or a putting green. The list goes on and on. It could be a place for compassion clubs to meet, people to come and learn, poker night, internet, and a great place for a first date. (Lots to do).

This would be a place that is warm and relaxing, as classy as a cigar bar but more fun.

Is there anything out there like this?

Could there be a few booths that are rented out to local caregivers?

Would people come to something like this? How much do you think you would pay for a monthly membership? Or should it be a co/op?

Any thoughts?

Sounds like a good idea BUT, just like bars, creating a place you have to drive home from, obviously impaired, is a recipe for revenue for law enforcement. Patient revenue. We have Michigan Legislators and an Attorney General with a keen eye watching for this type of club.

The success of the idea will hinge on creative ideas to get around driving home impaired. If you can accomplish that then you are golden.

That is a good point about the driving. Although if you spend 4 to 5 hours drinking you pretty much can't drive the rest of the night. If you spend 4 to 5 hours at a smoking club you are good to drive in an hour and a half no matter how much you consume. Also that point didn't put bars out of business. The ban on smoking did.... My idea is not polished but I do believe there are a lot of people that still enjoy night life or hanging out but are left with no place to go but bars.

Im also working on a line of pipes and accessory for people that want their accessory to be sophisticated and rich. Think of cigar accessors.

Looking for people that would like to further explore this idea and see if it's viable.

I can picture the old Ballys building being a great spot. Even has a pool and hot tub. But I doubt it would support a building that size but you see where I'm going with this.

That is a good point about the driving. Although if you spend 4 to 5 hours drinking you pretty much can't drive the rest of the night. If you spend 4 to 5 hours at a smoking club you are good to drive in an hour and a half no matter how much you consume. Also that point didn't put bars out of business. The ban on smoking did.... My idea is not polished but I do believe there are a lot of people that still enjoy night life or hanging out but are left with no place to go but bars.

Im also working on a line of pipes and accessory for people that want their accessory to be sophisticated and rich. Think of cigar accessors.

Looking for people that would like to further explore this idea and see if it's viable.

I can picture the old Ballys building being a great spot. Even has a pool and hot tub. But I doubt it would support a building that size but you see where I'm going with this.

Just telling you what the Michigan Legislature and The Attorney General have already said. I thought that would be of importance. It's already been a talking point for them.

I'm thinking you could 'maybe' pass a blood test after 4 hours. Where did you come up with the 'hour and a half' figure? It's interesting.

I was just guessing on the hour and a half. Seems like that's about the longest I notice the effects. It's only a matter of time before before a legal limit is set. I know they have swabs that can be rubbed in your mouth to see if you have smoked in the last two hours but I'm sure a breath mint or mouth wash would cover that. But regardless there will be a limit set to keep everyone safe as there should be. This new legalization would not be worth it if people were dying but I'm sure the more people that move to medicating with marijuana instead of alcohol the death rate will drop. But that's just my thought.

Seems your quite perceptive.  According to The Pot Book by Julie Holland: pg. 198 par. 3 under CRUISING ON CANNABIS:CLARIFYING THE DEBATE

According to a US Dept. of Transportation review(2003) "The extensive studies by Robbe and O'Hanlon(1993), revealed that under the influence of mj, drivers are aware of their impairment,and when the experimental task allows it, they tend to actually decrease speed, avoid passing other cars, and reduce other risk taking behaviors". Also stated clearly is the following, "experimental research on the effects of cannabis indicat[e] that any effects... dissipate quickly after one hour."

I was just guessing on the hour and a half. Seems like that's about the longest I notice the effects. It's only a matter of time before before a legal limit is set. I know they have swabs that can be rubbed in your mouth to see if you have smoked in the last two hours but I'm sure a breath mint or mouth wash would cover that. But regardless there will be a limit set to keep everyone safe as there should be. This new legalization would not be worth it if people were dying but I'm sure the more people that move to medicating with marijuana instead of alcohol the death rate will drop. But that's just my thought.