Senator Richardville: I Will “Sit On” Michigan’S Pro-Marijuana Bills

t-pain

http://thecompassionchronicles.com/2014/02/03/senator-i-will-sit-on-michigans-pro-marijuana-bills/

http://www.freep.com/article/20140203/NEWS06/302030014/medical-marijuana-bills-stall-Michigan-Senate

“I’m going to sit on them for awhile,” he said. “We don’t want this ballot initiative to take over. I believe a vast majority of people who voted for it believed we were talking about prescription type of marijuana.”

there goes 5104 and 4271, down the shitter.

And the picture becomes clear:

“By not voting for the dispensary bill, you’re saying it’s OK to have people growing their own in communities,” said state Rep. Mike Callton, R-Nashville, who sponsored the dispensary bill.

That sounds good to me,  but this statement is particularly telling.

Richardville told the Detroit Free Press. “We don’t want this ballot initiative to take over.”

God forbid that the will of the people is actually implemented by our elected officials. We wouldn't want that to happen.

And the picture becomes clear:

By not voting for the dispensary bill, you’re saying it’s OK to have people growing their own in communities,” said state Rep. Mike Callton, R-Nashville, who sponsored the dispensary bill.

You have to look at this through the eyes of who he is talking to, people who hate home grows. He's telling them that if they don't vote his way then they are supporting home grows, and he thinks they hate that worse than having dispensaries. The mask slid and revealed exactly what some of us saw all along. Combine that with my letter from Irwin and you have the war over grow rights in Michigan. How many denials in writing, and in public, have we heard from Callton and his supporters? Dispensaries and home grows living side by side is hogwash. They want to grow their own and have a monopoly to boot. And if they can't then F YOU ALL.

He might as well have said, "A vote for dispensaries is a vote against home grows"

Edited by Restorium2

I try to read and keep up with all this in the news and I'm not sure I fully understand what's going on. But are you saying that they would rather have a giant building full of cannabis growing then some people with a few plants in the house? They make more then enough money now. I feel like if they do that and take away home grows a lot of people will not register again and go back to the people they went to without a card. It sounds like a lose lose situation for us all and the government that we are paying part of the salary.

I try to read and keep up with all this in the news and I'm not sure I fully understand what's going on. But are you saying that they would rather have a giant building full of cannabis growing then some people with a few plants in the house? They make more then enough money now. I feel like if they do that and take away home grows a lot of people will not register again and go back to the people they went to without a card. It sounds like a lose lose situation for us all and the government that we are paying part of the salary.

That's what Callton said.

But the dispensary bill said they can only get their supply from overages from patients and caregivers and they couldn't grow their own?

Apparently not. Callton offered home grows up as a bargaining chip. You can't have it both ways. When will home growers, and caregivers, quit being disepensary door mats? It's sickening. Edited by Restorium2

Apparently not. Callton offered home grows up as a bargaining chip. You can't have it both ways. When will home growers, and caregivers, quit being disepensary door mats? It's sickening.

Why can't they both exist?  They are both needed for the patients.  And darn it that would've been a perfect match, they can't grow their own and they take away the problem of overages.   Why can't we all just get along darn it.

Thanks for clarifying.  I didn't know he can change it I thought it had to be senate.

Maybe I shoulda just not got up today.

Edited by Norby

this is exactly what we thought colton and npra were about.

screwing over patients so they could have their dispensaries.

further we predicted that if they ever got their crap to pass, that the legislature would turn around and destroy the dispensaries, either by unworkable rules or local control (e.g. banned everywhere except maybe kzoo, ypsi and a2).

Why can't they both exist?  They are both needed for the patients.

The patients are of no concern whatsoever to these people. The dispensaries want to do away with home grows so the only way patients can legally obtain cannabis is to buy it from them.

The politicians want to do away with home grows because they can't tax them.

They can however tax Prairie Plant style mega grows who supply "pharmaceutical grade marijuana" to dispensaries. (no more unsafe basement grows, for the safety of the patient)

They are looking at it like a new emerging liquor industry. Everyone gets to line their pockets at your expense.

Soon we'll see ads on TV, "Ask your Dr. about new improved 'Cannaschwag' available at a dispensary near you!"

The patients are of no concern whatsoever to these people. The dispensaries want to do away with home grows so the only way patients can legally obtain cannabis is to buy it from them.

They can however tax Prairie Plant style mega grows who supply "pharmaceutical grade marijuana" to dispensaries. (no more unsafe basement grows, for the safety of the patient)

They are looking at it like a new emerging liquor industry. Everyone gets to line their pockets at your expense.

Soon we'll see ads on TV, "Ask your Dr. about new improved 'Cannaschwag' available at a dispensary near you!"

I am applying for a copyright on the brand name "Jesus Weed". It will have a picture of Jesus that will look very much like the Zig Zag Man ! Think of the possibilities!

This is exactly what legislators are trying to avoid. When all is said and done, the patient/caregiver/dispensary system may be the best way to implement legalization?

It's actually worse than that. It's not so much about tax as it is about getting votes from the people who are disgusted with marijuana. We can all debate how many canna phobes there are out there. There are all sorts of them. Some are ignorant and some we have manufactured with our own actions. Some are jealous. Callton ® and all the dispensary advocates are calling them all to order against us. Callton ® might have known all along that the bills wouldn't pass and just went in this direction because he could feel the hate for home grows all around him and wanted to tap into some votes. The dispensary cats are just mean and greedy. So much so that they will bust these moves right in your face, hoping you are too stoned to notice.

They've already tried making home grows illegal, how the hell do they think it'll work if there is LEGAL weed all over the place, how the hell do you police that?  If people can travel with weed whether grown at a dispensary or in a warehouse how the hell are they going to catch grows then?   The smell is legit in your home if you have a card, no reason to look around.  As long as there is cards and people able to have it, it will come from home grows.

They're smokin more than we are!!!  And it seems they just started.  Remember the epiphanies you'd get when you first started smoking, then you'd wake up, like Cuomo did and realize your plan doesn't work?  Oh, right, everyone with a card can have it and they grew it before it was even legal, bunny muffin.

They've already tried making home grows illegal, how the hell do they think it'll work if there is LEGAL weed all over the place, how the hell do you police that?  If people can travel with weed whether grown at a dispensary or in a warehouse how the hell are they going to catch grows then?  

The same way they do it now. The only difference is that the cannabis you grow will be illegal and theirs will be legal.

Just like if you had a moonshine still in your basement, your whiskey is illegal, what you buy at the liquor store is legal.

That way the drug squads can still arrest people, steal their money, cars etc. The "justice system" will still be busy and the prisons will be full. Everybody keeps their jobs.

The government gets a new revenue stream, the politicians can say they're helping the patients by giving them safe marihuana and the wealthy can buy $70 eighths all day long.

Everybody they care about is happy.

The same way they do it now. The only difference is that the cannabis you grow will be illegal and theirs will be legal.

Just like if you had a moonshine still in your basement, your whiskey is illegal, what you buy at the liquor store is legal.

That way the drug squads can still arrest people, steal their money, cars etc. The "justice system" will still be busy and the prisons will be full. Everybody keeps their jobs.

The government gets a new revenue stream, the politicians can say they're helping the patients by giving them safe marihuana and the wealthy can buy $70 eighths all day long.

Everybody they care about is happy.

Ahh I see.  But if you but moonshine in labeled bottles(not saying I'd ever do something like this) and kept it around or were driving to a friends it would be real hard to find out. Ganja can be concealed and is at it's biggest point in history and that's been concealed.  It's a weed and so much extra can be grown just to give the dea something to do.  just like it is now. And the people aren't happy now with the way it's being treated. With a lot of places decrim and making lowest priority I have to see it going the other way.

I see what your saying though and wouldn't underestimate they can and have done it.  I just have to take the optimist side on something.  My wife says at least 1 positive for every 3 negatives :)

Edited by Norby

TGA Subcool Jesus OG

After 2 years of testing Kush mother plants the Hells OG Cut was by far the best. Combined with the legendary effects of JTR Jesus OG Kush is what we feel a sour Kush should measure up to, Looking for something to believe in? Jesus is here for you!
Phenotypes:     
Height:     
Yield:     Heavy Producer
Indoor and Outdoor
Best way to grow:     
Harvest:     56-63 days
Sat/Ind:     20/80
Hybrid:     Hells OG X Jacks Cleaner X Space Queen

I am applying for a copyright on the brand name "Jesus Weed". It will have a picture of Jesus that will look very much like the Zig Zag Man ! Think of the possibilities!

This is exactly what legislators are trying to avoid. When all is said and done, the patient/caregiver/dispensary system may be the best way to implement legalization?

Ahh I see.  But if you but moonshine in labeled bottles(not saying I'd ever do something like this) and kept it around or were driving to a friends it would be real hard to find out. Ganja can be concealed and is at it's biggest point in history and that's been concealed.  It's a weed and so much extra can be grown just to give the dea something to do.  just like it is now. And the people aren't happy now with the way it's being treated. With a lot of places decrim and making lowest priority I have to see it going the other way.

I see what your saying though and wouldn't underestimate they can and have done it.  I just have to take the optimist side on something.  My wife says at least 1 positive for every 3 negatives :)

We can go back underground but I don't want to. We need to fight these idiots so we don't lose everything we've gained.