Question About Becoming A Caregiver.

jwilt2008

welcome..

i agree with Grassmatch for the most part..

i will say that you are correct.. it is two separate cards..

most successful caregivers start out from being a patient and learning to care for live plants.. and produce medical grade cannabis consistently.

it is difficult at best to get into being a caregiver of cannabis without either A) being a patient first yourself or B) having  a very close loved one who needs you to do it for them...

the main problem is sick people don't have time to wait for you to catch up on the learning curve... or even if you already know how to grow plants/cannabis they don't typically have time to wait for the plants to mature, harvest, dry and cure..

every patient i have met thus far has an immediate need for their medication.  they already went to a doctor and the doctor confirmed cannabis will help them so now they want to try it.

no offense meant in any way but it is very difficult for a new person to just step up and walk into becoming a caregiver without a desperate need in there everyday circumstances first... and then the best ones seem to find the passion about growing during that process.. with that passion comes a healing nature that they are thereby able to pass along to a sick patient.

we all understand the nature of your desire to wanna grow cannabis trust me we do.. but you know what they say? if it was easy... every one would be doing it.

growing cannabis is NOT EASY.  it is as much work as anything i have ever done.. however i have found a certain "joy" about sticking my hands in the dirt and mixing things up..

it's not for everybody but if your passionate enough you can find a way.

good luck on your journey and once again Welcome to MMMA

jwilt:  the work is mostly reduced to barbering plants in certain styles of hydro and is easy.  soil, and soil-less are hard.  still, 'work' is not the issue, proficiency from a standing start, is, and is impossible.  be a caregiver signed to another cg and buy your patients's meds from that cg, and learn to grow under his tutelage.  (i say 'his' cause 99% of growers are males).

Edited by pic book

welcome..

i agree with Grassmatch for the most part..

i will say that you are correct.. it is two separate cards..

most successful caregivers start out from being a patient and learning to care for live plants.. and produce medical grade cannabis consistently.

it is difficult at best to get into being a caregiver of cannabis without either A) being a patient first yourself or B) having  a very close loved one who needs you to do it for them...

the main problem is sick people don't have time to wait for you to catch up on the learning curve... or even if you already know how to grow plants/cannabis they don't typically have time to wait for the plants to mature, harvest, dry and cure..

every patient i have met thus far has an immediate need for their medication.  they already went to a doctor and the doctor confirmed cannabis will help them so now they want to try it.

no offense meant in any way but it is very difficult for a new person to just step up and walk into becoming a caregiver without a desperate need in there everyday circumstances first... and then the best ones seem to find the passion about growing during that process.. with that passion comes a healing nature that they are thereby able to pass along to a sick patient.

we all understand the nature of your desire to wanna grow cannabis trust me we do.. but you know what they say? if it was easy... every one would be doing it.

growing cannabis is NOT EASY.  it is as much work as anything i have ever done.. however i have found a certain "joy" about sticking my hands in the dirt and mixing things up..

it's not for everybody but if your passionate enough you can find a way.

good luck on your journey and once again Welcome to MMMA

Thank you!! I do not qualify for a MM card nor do i need one. I have a very close family member that is in need of a caregiver and i have a lot of extra time on my hands and would love to help them out if i can. I understand what everyone is saying and i do appreciate it thanks again! 

jwilt:  the work is mostly reduced to barbering plants in certain styles of hydro and is easy.  soil, and soil-less are hard.  still, 'work' is not the issue, proficiency from a standing start, is, and is impossible.  be a caregiver signed to another cg and buy your patients's meds from that cg, and learn to grow under his tutelage.  (i say 'his' cause 99% of growers are males).

Wait so u can be a caregiver for another caregiver? 

Please do not be confused. It sounds like you have a patient family member who needs a caregiver, and you are willing to do so. The MMMA allows each patient to simply declare, by filling out the application form, who will act as his or her caregiver. You will need to complete and sign the caregiver attestation and provide a copy of your driver license.

This is exactly how it is supposed to work, and how it is working, in the vast majority of situations across the state of Michigan. Family members and close friends acting as caregivers for one another. Anything different than that has the potential to increase complexity.

I do have a patent family member who needs a caregiver they do not have the energy do be their own and only want someone they can trust to be there caregiver. So over all I would have to just fill out a caregiver form with the patient and send a copy of my licences and $10.00? 

Wait so u can be a caregiver for another caregiver?

Yes

real quick, Im a pt, I have a c.g, and I have a pt and Im her c.g!

I have only one pt, so here is what my cards say!

My pt card says im a pt and I cant posses plants and I have my c.g on the back who can posses my plants.

my c.g card has my name on the front, says im my pt's c.g, on the back it has her info, so I have 2 cards a pt card with no posession of plants and my c.g card with possesion of plants!

Phew! It realy works well if one of the c.gs have problems, legaly down the chain I can get meds for me and my pt, and so on! nothing ilegal, when I started as a pt, I didnt have equipment to grow so getting a c.g was easiest for me, when I beleive the mcqueen case made p2p ilegal I became my ladys c.g and since I realy dont want to grow more than 12 plants I made arrangements so my c.g kept my grow rights!

All good!

Peace

The only hurdle is the meds while the grow is not yet producing. Too bad there isn't a way to have 2 caregivers 1 for meds and one for the grow.  If she got another caregiver for meds and retained her plant count the other family member couldn't legally help with the plants.  Wish there was another legal way to get the meds AND grow for you.  Well there is for you acquiring but unfortunately there is not any protection for the provider.

Yes

real quick, Im a pt, I have a c.g, and I have a pt and Im her c.g!

I have only one pt, so here is what my cards say!

My pt card says im a pt and I cant posses plants and I have my c.g on the back who can posses my plants.

my c.g card has my name on the front, says im my pt's c.g, on the back it has her info, so I have 2 cards a pt card with no posession of plants and my c.g card with possesion of plants!

Phew! It realy works well if one of the c.gs have problems, legaly down the chain I can get meds for me and my pt, and so on! nothing ilegal, when I started as a pt, I didnt have equipment to grow so getting a c.g was easiest for me, when I beleive the mcqueen case made p2p ilegal I became my ladys c.g and since I realy dont want to grow more than 12 plants I made arrangements so my c.g kept my grow rights!

All good!

Peace

I always pondered getting a caregiver and retaining my plant count to be able to get meds and genetics but figured no one would do it.  Soon I guess I could loose my plant count with 4-5 patients. It seems a waste to not have a caregiver and let the ability for someone to retain 2.5 ounces for me that otherwise no one could retain was wasted.  Wanted to make my wife my caregiver but decided(she) not.

Edited by Norby

The only hurdle is the meds while the grow is not yet producing. Too bad there isn't a way to have 2 caregivers 1 for meds and one for the grow.  If she got another caregiver for meds and retained her plant count the other family member couldn't legally help with the plants.  Wish there was another legal way to get the meds AND grow for you.  Well there is for you acquiring but unfortunately there is not any protection for the provider.

well Yea it would be a good thing if a pt could have 2 c.g's and a c.g could have 10 pts but that is not how it is so.........ya just have to follow the law, me and my pt have kinda like 2 c.g's my pt has me and my c.g, my c.g can get it to me and I can get it to her legaly! and Im growing for her so I have choice of both gardens,(i have to taiste test my garden lol)

Now also a pt can maintain plant possesion and still have a c.g! Figure you me that? lol

Peace

back to regular programming!

Yes, Do It, Do It Now ! I think its a great thing to do for a loved one. I hope we can help along the way. Build your room, feed your soil, the plants already know what to do. I learned to be technically successful in the garden from room design to harvest and storage seed availability, genetics, links, etc from one book--The Medical Marijuana Grow Bible, available for free download, but I suggest a 25$ amazon buy. A total approach to atmosphere control will be your best beginning. It can be done in the crack of a driveway too, soo, grain of salt> I followed most of the guidelines and have avoided mites, mold, and all the other issues you read about.

good luck !

pic book, on 05 Feb 2014 - 13:50, said:

phague: you have sliced it and no lawyer has! in fact your string is e=mc2. it explains things but still nobody knows how it works.

There is nothing hard about it. I used to talk about it way back, but I gave up no need to do it to connect the whole state county by county,,

You most def can do as I said above, if there was any thing ilegal about it? I wouldnt have both a pt card with no possesion and a c.g card with possesion.

Peace