Need Advice Moving From Veg To Flower

medmanmike

Just started a new grow and something came up that requires me to be gone for four days at approx. 4 weeks of vegging. There's no one available to water, etc while I'm gone. I've read on this site that some growers do 2-3 days of 24 hours of darkness before going to 12-12. My thought was to saturate the plants with water just prior to leaving, kill the lights and let them sit for the four days and then go into 12-12 as soon as I return. Has anyone had this "problem"? Other ideas than what I've outlined? Sure would hate to lose them... Thanks.

Just started a new grow and something came up that requires me to be gone for four days at approx. 4 weeks of vegging. There's no one available to water, etc while I'm gone. I've read on this site that some growers do 2-3 days of 24 hours of darkness before going to 12-12. My thought was to saturate the plants with water just prior to leaving, kill the lights and let them sit for the four days and then go into 12-12 as soon as I return. Has anyone had this "problem"? Other ideas than what I've outlined? Sure would hate to lose them... Thanks.

I think you'd be better off drenching them, then putting  them straight to 12-12 and try to keep your temps down, which will greatly reduce water consumption.  I'd make a test run first to see how they do with four days without water.  Another option would be to buy some of those glass globes that you poke down into the dirt.

Two timers and two pumps. One timer turns on a pump that pumps water from a reservoir into a container that has been designed to hold the exact amount you want to feed each day. This container is suspended above the reservoir so it overflows until the timer shuts the pump off. The other timer turns on the second pump in the measured container that pumps to the plant/s. I invented this set up design because you can't count on a timer, and a fixed orifice, to deliever the correct amount of water/nutes every time. This is fool proof. I have used it for a couple weeks at a time.