Raids In Grand Rapids?

Be careful here in Michigan. I went to holding for a bounced check, it was full so they put me in the general population until I could see the judge. Don't assume it's the same here as NYS.

Never been to jail in NYS.  Have been in jail in Charlotte, NC in a drunk tank that was over 2 x the limit with the toilet water covering the floor with a bunch of other hippies and drunks. Then I was moved to general with a guy who stabbed his girlfriend, a guy in for armed assault, a crazy guy who smoked cig butts off the floor and said he'd kill you if you looked at him and someone who was busted at the show the prior year and was waiting to go upstate..  It's not bad in the sense of getting killed.  These guys were giving me extra kool aid and food since I was so pissed they wouldn't give me a phone call I punched the rock wall.  And if they throw you into general for mj then your probably getting out scott free, I did.

I was also in a really clean facility in MD outside DC.  Although I wouldn't be working a dispense in Flint and waiting.  And since my wife and mom are still alive I'll be quite hush hush other than protests standing and smoking on the capitals steps or something.

Edited by Norby

Overholt’s is the first case to come to the trial stage.

Gould said he expects the case will continue onto the Michigan Supreme Court. That means there could be two years or more before this case is truly settled.

The other two dispensaries raided are also in Kent County Circuit Court with 33-year-old Anthony Brown of Holland facing a trial on Jan. 13, 2014, for manufacturing and delivery of marijuana

and maintaining a drug house charges coming from the Natural Wellness raid.

Samer Hamed and Rick Hammad, both 42, face similar charges in connection with the Purple Med raid. Their cases have not been set for trial.

found this

At a smoke in you're not generally looking at a four year felony.

I agree.  I'm just saying that if I'd do it to a point I'm certain others would do it beyond my point, esp if they are more heartfelt by situations than I.  I can deal with my own humiliation and pain but if something happened to my wife there is no telling how far I'd go short of violence. And depending upon the situation, her being taken away sick and without meds, I'm sure I'd go beyond that and that would incur much more than a 4 year felony.  Luckily she's much healthier than I.

And if it wasn't for people getting arrested for compassionate acts the media would be able to keep the view of pot growers as drug dealers.

Edited by Norby

I opened a cc at a library, not a dispensary. I helped patients do it the right way and I made no money doing it. I copied forms using my own printer. I know the difference.

That's great and I wish more people COULD do that.  I'd like to help by going to court and working politically but I don't know if I have the stomach(no pun intended) for it.  I saw the corruption just in the property taxes and water lines in my little town in NY.  People sometimes want to help but can't.  Sometimes people want all for themselves.  Sometimes people do help to the point that it hurts family social life, etc.

I also give extras when I meet my patients and I didn't mean to imply anyone here was a bad caregiver.  There is good and bad and mediocre everywhere in patients, caregivers, dispensaries, politicians, etc.etc.  I think the model of dispenses buying only from caregivers and patients is a beautiful idea for everyone.  Patients can select from a wide variety with their caregiver and find what might work and caregivers can pay in donations so a patient can really and quickly find what works best.  Having clones available so a caregiver can, if they want, procure the strains they need immediately and possibly trade for a short term supply if need be.  Then the best quality can be available and caregivers can't charge obscene($200/z) prices for the leaf type stuff that they were supplying(current patients testimony) and caregivers and dispenses can work together and everything will be right with the world.  The cream can then rise to the top.  The patients, even though now they can get from wherever, will really be able to get from wherever.  Cause no one other than my registered patients can get from me now.  Not that I'm the best out there but I'm sure there are a lot of top quality caregivers who won't sell to people who have crappy caregivers.  But I'd still never try and keep it only pt. to pt.  there is too much to be lost by convenience and choice to not have dispenses.  But I'd LOVE to go sit behind a table at a farmers market every weekend. :)

And I commend you for advocating for pt. to pt. early.

Patients can select from a wide variety with their caregiver and find what might work and caregivers can pay in donations so a patient can really and quickly find what works best.  Having clones available so a caregiver can, if they want, procure the strains they need immediately and possibly trade for a short term supply if need be.  Then the best quality can be available and caregivers can't charge obscene($200/z) prices for the leaf type stuff that they were supplying(current patients testimony) and caregivers and dispenses can work together and everything will be right with the world.

I get the "try new strains" and "available clones" concepts, but don't understand the "best quality can be available and caregivers can't charge obscene($200/z) prices".

In my admittedly limited dealings with dispensaries what I saw was sub standard quality in the $350 - $400/oz price range. In those terms $200 seems downright charitable.

Read after that for what it was for $200/z.  Mostly leaf not really buds and he said it didn't even work.  I charge $200/z myself but it's top quality.  I'm saying that people get stuck with a caregiver and either have to pay 2x as much at a dispense or smoke leaves for 2 months till you can find a caregiver and trust that they'll be better than the last.  Although you can't know because you can't try anything before you sign.  If you had something at a dispensary, you could meet a patient there and point out your own to try.

and if there was open competition prices would come down.

Edited by Norby

I am sorry and disagree because just being in a dispensary may not be safe as Leo may show up at anytime if nothing does happen to you their Leo will still take your name and you could

end up on some kind of a list i would have felt some what better is the Bill's would have passed i can say i didn't like them but it would have made me feel like we our moving forward as far as Leo is today i feel like it is still  a 50/50 if someone ends up in court

• 2 weeks later...