Sen Jones And Marleau: Banning Private Property Use Sb 783

t-pain

the hearing for sb783 is today at 2:30 pm in lansing. anybody going ?

Committee Judiciary
Clerk Phone Number 517-373-5312
Location Room 110, Farnum Building, 125 W. Allegan Street, Lansing, MI 48933
Date Tuesday, 2/18/2014
Time 2:30 pm

SB783 (Jones) Health; medical marihuana; authorization of medical marihuana in certain places; restrict.

And any other business properly before the committee.
Chair Rick Jones

Tim Beck is selling this bill as the tradeoff for HB 5104. Is it worth it? Can it be stopped or amended in the House?

How can anyone even think about bargaining away our 'possession on private property'? This bill basically says that you lose all protections if a property owner says you do.

Tim must really have his belly up to the money bar for him to sell us out like that. He has risen to a new low.

5104 isnt worth it, we all know extracts are any preperation thereof.

someone needs to explain to tim how bad losing protection is.

whats it matter if its decrim in private property in detroit , if its illegally under state, BECAUSE OF THIS BILL?

why is tim beck going against his safer detroit coalition??

Edited by t-pain

So we have dispensary advocates pushing Callton to bargain away home growing, we have proof of that with Callton's statement. On top of that, we have Beck, another dispensary advocate, giving away our possession on private property. All you would have to do is turn your car around in the wrong driveway and BOOM you are busted for felony possession with attempted delivery.

Do you ever get the feeling that the patient is not even on dispensary advocates minds? Like we are some kind of after thought. Like a shabby desert bar at the end of a all-you-can eat buffet.

How can we turn the tables on them? Why is Schuette so quiet about these dispensaries he hates? I smell a pack of rats.

Edited by Restorium2

If a private property owner can negate, or change, state medical marijuana law, then, following the same logic, a private property owner should also be able to enhance state medical marijuana law. A sliding scale from total illegality, as Jones plainly proposes, to 'No Limit', the other end of the scale. I'm in for that bargain because I own property. But I'm not going to sell out my fellow patients who might not be owning any. You always need to think about the other guy TIM.

So we have dispensary advocates pushing Callton to bargain away home growing, we have proof of that with Callton's statement. On top of that, we have Beck, another dispensary advocate, giving away our possession on private property. All you would have to do is turn your car around in the wrong driveway and BOOM you are busted for felony possession with attempted delivery.

Do you ever get the feeling that the patient is not even on dispensary advocates minds? Like we are some kind of after thought. Like a shabby desert bar at the end of a all-you-can eat buffet.

How can we turn the tables on them? Why is Schuette so quiet about these dispensaries he hates? I smell a pack of rats.

patients and with out them we have no Law how come they can't see that ?

I think, to begin and I've said it before, it is necesssary to put boots on the ground, both in Lansing and around the state, something like the original MMMA leadership and support people. Having members of our community stopping by to see their legislators when they are in town, all with the same agreed on message would go far. Contact with local government, to include prosecutors and law enforcement, brings fruit if done in an articulate, straightforward, and no bullschit fashion. For instance, written contact with the Saginaw City Prosecutor Michael Thomas led to return phone calls that were courteous and effective on both ends. Roberts worked to get in the way of that, and people who are still here unduly criticized the MMMA leadership. Joe Cain trashed the movement almost single handedly. I am aware that Fransisco and his people were on the road constantly advocating for our positions. That worked pretty well. We were ahead of the curve, for instance, with the initial rule making by the MDCH. The fight over the Saginaw City moratorium that would have penalized us for any and all medical use is another example. We currently do not have an organized front. While I understand and appreciate CPU's continuing part, it is apparent their and our efforts would be better rewarded with some reliable  help from the wider community in a more participatory role. I worked in route sales for many years and understand how powerful face time can be. The government is obviously not going to come to us. We have to go to them.

Edited by GregS