Real Estate Exam

don't sweat it..

by 2... :startle:

it sucks but no worries.. they tell you how many you fail by and in which sections, but won't tell you how much you pass by :) just that you pass.

i know plenty of people.. in fact as i sit here and think about it.. most of the salespeople i knew/know had to take the exam more than once... i know someone who is a broker now that had to take it 5 times.. she was not a good test taker.. but she did not give up.

that's the secret.  do not give up.

if you got a practice exam from the course you took i recommend taking it over and over front to back and write your answers on a separate sheet of paper.. once you score a 100% every time 4 times in a row you will be ready.

the state test is tuff..  it's that way for a reason...

real estate transactions are typically the most emotionally and financially stressful decisions in a typical Americans life... you will be responsible for leading a person through a windfall of land mines and pittraps that are difficult at best to make it through especially in todays financial banking mess.

i am not discouraging you in any way.. in fact i would encourage every single person who is thinking about buying their own home to take the time to attain a real estate license... the level of knowledge that comes from it is valuable forever.

remember once you get there - to advertise... 30% of every dollar will need to go back into your company (you are self employed even though you have to work under a licensed broker :) ) so -invest heavily in yourself-

the other advise i will give is in the beginning people are very gung-ho to get started and do all the necessary steps to attain new customers and build their client database, but once busy with daily stuff to do fail to continue the process that got them there and suddenly end up wondering why they have no new clients after 2 years in the business...

if this happens to you remember... go back to the basics. reschedule your day to include a system for 25 new phone calls every day..(in the beginning i recommend 50 new phone calls per day.. it will pay off. it sounds easy but that is every day.. eventually you will learn to get creative and tap into fun and new resources.. but 50 per day 5 days a week and you will make it) warm contacts are a blessing but cold ones are just as necessary :)

good luck..

study hard, get plenty of rest and be sure to eat right the day before and the morning of the exam...

and do not worry about taking the test as many times as it takes... you will pass it.

John.

Edited by mibrains

Very helpful advise John. I love the amount of technology that seems to be involved in the business now. The brokerage I will be working under seems great and they have quick start training and give business cards, and some free signs and advertising. I am not giving up no point in going this far and giving up. I understand it will be sometime before I make anything. My wife always gets on me about eating good breakfasts. I will keep you posted on how it goes this week. Thanks again

be thankful it's a buyers market and interest rates are low. interview and qualify buyers before investing in gas. also beware of other agents haa. remax is nice once you know your way around, because you can retain more than ninety percent of yer commission. wherever you start the percentage is always negotiable. don't believe anything anyone tells you in that industry and you'll be fine. haha

thanks guys I feel like I will get it but this time it will be different test so I need to just remember many of the terms and I should be fine. Well when I told the the broker I was gonna work under I just need to make 35K she kinda frowned then laughed. She said she made more than that her first 6 months and if I let her teach me I will be just fine. She said to set my goal higher but I was trying to be realistic.

thanks guys, T-pain the market is going up. Nice time to get in on it, around here houses are selling well even in the bitter cold. Seems a good time for buyers and sellers since it is on the up swing. Still get good prices for buyers and sellers are getting more than they would have a few years ago

You can be successful at anything you do as long as you put in the time to learn all that you can in the business your in. More people fail then succeed because they want everything to come easy but if u work hard you will be one of the few that succeed. Good Luck you sound like your on your way.

Thanks, I really want this and I have always loved finding things for people, hard to find things, special things, time consuming things. I am 43 now and since high school have always been interested in real estate. I lost my job last July and figured it would be a good time to try. I was thinking I would get unemployment for a while but it was yanked Dec and they still owe 5 weeks lol.  Well I need to make money my wife teaches and her salary alone is not enough. The technological side of real estate is what is really interesting me. I have some great ideas. Really would like to help out fellow marijuana patients. I think it would be nice for buyers and sellers to have someone they could talk openly with about any special requests.

You can be successful at anything you do as long as you put in the time to learn all that you can in the business your in. More people fail then succeed because they want everything to come easy but if u work hard you will be one of the few that succeed. Good Luck you sound like your on your way.

t-pain, did you read this one?  Now, there's a motivational speech!!   lol

Coreyz in the state test they have many questions that are like what is the best answer. There may actually be 2 or 3 correct but they want you to pick which is the best. To me it kinda seems tricky because it is actually a matter of opinion or circumstances. I was worried about the math but it was really basic math. The questions are short and simple. Just try and memorize many of the terms. Good luck when you take it and do not wait too long