Sb783 Would Make It A Crime For Pt To Possess On Private Property

Next time we see him up at Randy's we can all socialize about this;

"I don't think it's anything outrageous or absurd," Beck said. "There's people that are doing damage. They're borderline criminals. For some of these people, their lease may as well be a piece of toilet paper, and things get wrecked. This will put some teeth in place, and if they don't get permission, there will be serious consequences."

Yes. We can push Tim to answer for those statements Resto. That he made them are the only facts heretofore regarding him. If I missed any please help me out. I plan to bring the best possible cogent arguments in our behalf to counter those statements and won't be getting down in the mud with speculation.

I left the Safer Mich listserv over a year ago, as it did not provide info I found helpful.  No offense T-Pain, but if I have a question for Tim, I call him.  But I am not a tool in the drawer to be used upon request… sorry….

I don't give a hoot if you excoriate Tim Beck, but at least get the facts straight, and ask Resto to give up his source or info first.  I am in Malamute's camp on how I view Tim's advocacy, period…. but that being said, he has never culitvated, does not presently cultivate, and would laugh in your face if you or anyone suggested otherwise.  There is plenty to dispute in the Tim Beck story.  Cultivation is not one of them.

It is my opinion, having spoken to Tim about this, his interest is in marijuana as a social cause and hobby.

Well a can agree to him not growing for sure he doesn't even use Cannabis that i know of 

LANSING, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - New legislation being proposed in Lansing could give Michigan landlords the power to prevent tenants from using medical marijuana in their homes.

The Senate Bill 783 would make it illegal to smoke or grow medical marijuana on private property if the owner says so.

According to the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Michigan is home to more than 118,000 medical marijuana patients and more than 27,000 registered caregivers.

Under the voter-approved Medical Marijuana Act of 2008, caregivers are allowed to grow for up to five patients in an enclosed, locked facility on property they own, lease or rent.

with Video

http://wwmt.com/shared/news/features/state/stories/wwmt_legislation-would-allow-landlords-block-medical-marijuana-using-tenants-4026.shtml#.UwdGLP3HP8s

According to M-Live, opponents of the bill say it is discriminatory, while supporters say they want to protect homes from any proposed danger.

Edited by bobandtorey

Under the voter-approved Medical Marijuana Act of 2008, caregivers are allowed to grow for up to five patients in an enclosed, locked facility on property they own, lease or rent.

"allowed" by the state. for instance what if the property was located next to a school, then of course, they would not be allowed to grow in their rental. Or, if the landlord said "no smoking, no marijuana growing" in the lease at signing, and was agreed upon by the renter, then of course, the landlord has the right, because of the breach of the lease contract, to evict the tenant when they decide to grow marijuana on the premises.

should not be a crime though, only a civil matter between landlord and tenant.

This is a poorly-written bill even if you support it.  It does nothing to define what it means for a property owner to disallow MMJ possession/use.  Is posting it on a sign outside good enough?  How many signs are needed and at what distance from each other.  It is enough to have then on 8.5 by 11" paper and only in English?  Or should they conform to some standard?  Is a verbal statement enough?  If I pull into a gas station and the owner says "You are not allowed to possess MMJ here" is that enough to make me a criminal?  Can the landowner enforce a policy that isn't uniform - allowing some people to possess/use and others not? 

What if the cops make a traffic stop and the driver pulls into a Dr. office that is closed for the night and LEO finds the MMJ.  Is is OK for the LEO to contact the owner and ask if it is OK for "so-and-so" to have MMJ there?  If the owner says "no," is that good enough to make the driver a criminal?  Is there some prior notice needed?

This bill will allow LEOs to "arrest them all and let the courts sort it out."  That is not good for patients, CGs, LEOs, or the courts. 

A convoluted mess waiting to happen.

If any one gets pulled over by leo, stop right in the road as far as you can on the right side, dont pull into a parking lot, no matter who's parking lot it is, (unless its yours)  let them do their biz in the road way, now does state land count as private property?  I say no, it is our property the tax payers of the states property, can we build on it no. can I use my medication on it? yes, and I always did, I didnt go all the way home to do my vicodens, methadone, or xanax!

I dont even have a clue what they think they are doing with this bill, I guess its true you cant change stupid!

They have so many people using this law for other things than meds, and they arrest them all the time for it, I know quite a few people who have been arrested for driving w/o a liscense and have a lil mm on them, they get popped for both, they get on probation and if your meds are not written by a dr. and filled by a pharmacy you cant use them while on probation, well most cant, I did lol, but that was back when the courts or the cops knew what they could get away with, seems now they can get away with murdering your dog, if we shoot our own pets to put them down due to disease or they are to old to have a good life any longer we get put in jail!  I wont appoligize to any one, that is how I was taught to get rid of our pets when they have lived out their lives, it used to be legal, just like the big time donkey kicking my old man gave me when I was young, and the school teachers whacking us with paddles with holes drilled into them to make it hurt more!

some of our kids still need to be whipped at home, but never by a teacher at school, our kids are so spoiled, any one around 50 or older knows what im talking about!

Peace

What could Tim Beck's motive be for his support of Jones?

Does anyone think it's just because some patients are damaging his apartments?

Change the medical marijuana law like this just for that?

Or could it be for another reason?

A more believable reason?

Could it possible be other monetary monetary gain?

A lot more money than what he's losing on apartment damage because of medical marijuana?

I would say he wants one of them so called ware house grows!

Peace

Does your sec deposit cover any damage from a grow gone bad?

You could tell your ins agent that you grow vegtables and see if you can put a rider on it becuase of the equip it takes, If they let you do that, than an mj garden would be covered also!  so if the house burns down the owner will be covered by the ins co,  but if the renter dont have renters ins, they loose everything!  whether it is ok in their lease or not, every one renting please get renters ins it is not that expensive and better safe than sorry!

I have renters ins becuase this house is not in my name, it is my pt/girlfriends house, if I had to do my grow at my house 50 miles away id have to live their instead of here!

Peace

rethink that a little amigo. The damages will quickly be assessed as a marijuana grow op, and unless insured as such, will not be covered. There are some insurance companies that are happy to properly insure a marijuana grow. The stipulations are great, just ask me. 24/7 monitoring, linked to a phone for auto emergencies, legal retainer, inspections, electrical permits, plumbing If applicable, carbon monoxide/fire monitoring, etc. about a hundie a month, plus monitoring fees, think ADT.

Business registrations may be required also, depending on area/size/intent.

the result though is damage coverage even in the event of a wrongful raid, plant deaths, power outtages, floods, theft, fire etc.

If you tell your ins agent you reload 9 mm bullets in a room and want it insured they will insure it. However when they arrive to see you're actually reloading a  federally mandated munitions when it blows up, I assure you there will be NO coverage. jus sayin...

peace

You could tell your ins agent that you grow vegtables and see if you can put a rider on it becuase of the equip it takes, If they let you do that, than an mj garden would be covered also!  so if the house burns down the owner will be covered by the ins co,  but if the renter dont have renters ins, they loose everything!  whether it is ok in their lease or not, every one renting please get renters ins it is not that expensive and better safe than sorry!

I have renters ins becuase this house is not in my name, it is my pt/girlfriends house, if I had to do my grow at my house 50 miles away id have to live their instead of here!

Peace

A landlord has to prove the marijuana usage to terminate.

Tim Beck wants law enforcement to do this for him. Sending people to jail for MEDICAL marijuana is just a side effect.

At least, that's what he says he wants to do.

It takes around 42 days to get someone out. If he has a arrest report describing marijuana usage, and the lease forbids it, it's easy to get the judge to get the clock ticking. For some reason he wanted to make sure that MEDICAL marijuana was included, no special rights for it. He must have some patients as tenants. Or knows some other slum lords like that. It definitely was a slap in the face to patients.

Edited by Restorium2

This bill is redundant imo.

$$ is it's basis, aligning with corporate interests as per normal.

Too bad we aren't able to tar and feather beck/ jones and crew.

I rent and love my home.  I feel like I've been kicked in the solar plexis

and my anxiety is near unbearable atm.  This bill is sheer madness.

something like this bob? 

sb783 looks like a bill that allows landlords to ban medical marijuana for renters of the private property.

except landlords can currently already prohibit medical marijuana in their lease agreements and be upheld by the court.

what sb783 really does is criminalize possession and transfers of medical marijuana for registered caregivers and their patients.

if a caregiver and patient meet at the patients workplace to conduct a registered transfer of medicine, they could be arrested and charged with possession and delivery of a controlled substance. this bill would remove all protections from registered medical patients. this goes against everything the voters approved of in 2008 to PROTECT Michigan patients when using medical marijuana.

most of the state is private property, and most businesses already have drug free zones. this will make the 120,000 patients into criminals, merely for possessing a pipe or their medicine as they walk across a parking lot.

Thank you t, like Bob and maybe many others I have difficulty with this type of communication.

This bill would criminalize a cancer patient for bringing in a pipe to ask a question with his doctor, if the owner of the medical building had a prohibition on marihuana. Many hospitals and office buildings and health clinics have written prohibitions on marijuana.