Email Notifications From Lara Mmmp !

trichcycler

I'm not sure an email can pinpoint an ip, as easy as it is to see the hughes net dish on the  roof, and call them. my ip address points to an address 100 miles away, and it changes all the time. I don't know much about it though, but I think lara has more intimate info than an ip address already. For instance lara could, if so inclined, look up the ip address of each poster here, identify owners, cross reference with avatars posting, and have a positive id in minutes. Nobody uses a name to register their email anymore, with Hotmail and yahoo, and gmail and hush, its all anon.

I use a PO box but do not understand your concern with one ? please explain. LARA also gets a copy of my DL, with my street address on it  for referencing.

your ip is in the headers of the email, even on webmail like gmail or yahoo or hotmail.

theres also other identifying info isps can throw in your email headers.

your isp keeps all ip records and ties it to your billing info.

theres also a bunch of govt wiretapping programs that save all emails sent over the internet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecommunications_data_retention#United_States

if you want to be anonymous you better use a proxy or TOR to sign up with an email service and then only access it from a proxy or tor. even then you can be tracked in various ways.

Edited by t-pain

it says in the header of section A: that the information is "required" - but then it says "if you provide your email" they will correspond.

interesting..also i see both boxes are "auto checked" for person to possess plants also but right at the last second it covers the checks with a blank spot on the page view however when i cut it and pasted it below.. both boxes are automatically checked for person to possess plants.. i recall another community member having the same problem when they printed the forms recently.. makes me wonder if it is a "known flaw"??

i have not gotten anything from LARA via email that i am aware of... i will have to keep a close eye on my junk bin :)

Page 2 of 3

www.michigan.gov/mmp

(517)373-0395 Michigan Medical Marihuana Program Application Form for Registry Identification Card For Official Use Only MMP 3501 (Rev.12/13)

Section A: Patient Information

(REQUIRED)

1. Legal First Name

2. Middle Initial

3a. Legal Last Name 3b. Suffix(Jr., Sr., III, etc.)

4. Patient Registry ID Card Number (For Renewals Only)

5.MI Driver’s License # or MI ID Card #

6. Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY)

7a. Mailing Address

7b. Apartment/Suite/Lot #

8. City

9. State

MI

10. Zip Code

11. Email Address (If provided, you agree to receive email correspondence from MMMP)

12. Telephone Number

Section B: Person Allowed to Possess Patient’s Marihuana Plants:

(REQUIRED)

13.Plant possession: You must select one box. Failure to do so will result in the denial of your application .

SELECT ONLY ONE:

I will possess the plants

My caregiver will possess the plants

interesting..also i see both boxes are "auto checked" for person to possess plants also but right at the last second it covers the checks with a blank spot on the page view however when i cut it and pasted it below.. both boxes are automatically checked for person to possess plants.. i recall another community member having the same problem when they printed the forms recently.. makes me wonder if it is a "known flaw"??

interesting.

the program has that functionality so you can fill it out on your computer before printing it.
in theory anyways. i filled out a random form the other day and it printed blank! doh! all that work for nothing.

feel free to call/email LARA and ask them about self-checkboxing forms.

ok, so "here's an email address for LARA, joeblow@google.com"

where and how am I revealing anything to lara by divulging this email address for them to send me info?

since they already have my DL, address, ss#, grow facts, signature, po box, and picture .....whats an anon email gonna give them that they don't already have?

your ip is in the headers of the email, even on webmail like gmail or yahoo or hotmail.

theres also other identifying info isps can throw in your email headers.

your isp keeps all ip records and ties it to your billing info.

theres also a bunch of govt wiretapping programs that save all emails sent over the internet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecommunications_data_retention#United_States

if you want to be anonymous you better use a proxy or TOR to sign up with an email service and then only access it from a proxy or tor. even then you can be tracked in various ways.

ok, so "here's an email address for LARA, joeblow@google.com"

where and how am I revealing anything to lara by divulging this email address for them to send me info?

since they already have my DL, address, ss#, grow facts, signature, po box, and picture .....whats an anon email gonna give them that they don't already have?

Good point. They already know us quite well, thank you.