Epilepsy Foundation Approves Of Medical Cannabis

i thought the same thing, but this is the epilepsy foundation, which has been calling the dea to allow more tests for years (at least a 2010 pdf i saw did).

the more "professional" group is the american epilepsy society, i think?

http://www.aesnet.org/press-room/consensus-statements/marijuana-and-epilepsy

of course, they disagree with marijuana because its illegal. (that makes sense, it cant be a medicine if its illegal , brilliant logic)

i'm not impressed by either website for information on epilepsy.

i thought the same thing, but this is the epilepsy foundation, which has been calling the dea to allow more tests for years (at least a 2010 pdf i saw did).

the more "professional" group is the american epilepsy society, i think?

http://www.aesnet.org/press-room/consensus-statements/marijuana-and-epilepsy

of course, they disagree with marijuana because its illegal. (that makes sense, it cant be a medicine if its illegal , brilliant logic)

i'm not impressed by either website for information on epilepsy.

That the story is making the rounds in a pretty big way is impressive.

A Government or Corporation that keeps medicine away from the people, is that not a crime against humanity?

When the War on Marijuana is over the oppressors will say we were only following orders...

just imagine how far advanced medicine could have been had this medical cannabis information not been suppressed for a millennium, by a few corporate entities, and  governments around the globe ? I wonder how all those years of suffering can be made right.

It is, and I agree. We've got some issues on that front to correct, like forced medication, toxic foods designed to make us sick etc.

A Government or Corporation that keeps medicine away from the people, is that not a crime against humanity?

When the War on Marijuana is over the oppressors will say we were only following orders...

my daughter has developed seizures with puberty, and I am looking for a marijuana oil or canniboid like Charlotte's Web that has been so successful in Colorado.  It needs to have a high CBD to THC ratio.  Does anyone know where I can find that in the Oakland County area?   Her neurologist said he would give her an RX and a medical Marijuana card if I can find a place to get it.

Any help appreciated.

Continued from last comment.   I guess it comes in a liquid or capsule form.

"Charlotte's Web is high in CBD, the non-psychoactive ingredient in pot, and low in THC, the component that causes users to feel high. Developed by Colorado's Realm of Caring non-profit group, it has effectively treated children who have debilitating illnesses and conditions.

Charlotte's Web and similar strains are administered in liquid or capsule form and,according to doctors, produce few or no side effects. Because of the low THC count, users don't experience the high associated with traditional marijuana"

@Thebechmanns , you will have to find a caregiver or patient who can make oil on a consistent basis.

i guess that most of the oil produced in the state is made for cancer patients, and will contain a high thc.

there maybe a few users here who have the charlottes web strain. it does exist in michigan.

try creating a new thread in the patient or caregiver forum seeking a caregiver to provide charlottes web oil.

as parents, you will have to be your kids' caregivers. theres special forms for patients under 18 to fill out.

you can find the forms here http://michigan.gov/mmp

you will need to get two different doctors to sign certs for a minor patient. if you are lucky your neuro will know another doc, if not, there are a few good cert docs around who will certify minors (full medical records , in person visits, are of course required).

Edited by t-pain

no problem. i forgot to mention a lot of people have started juicing raw marijuana leaves and flowers.

oil and juicing are a little different.

oil is made from the dried flowers and leaves, it can be heated (decarboxylized to make more THC) or unheated

juicing is made from the fresh flowers and leaves. it is generally not heated.

the fresh raw leaves and flowers contain thca and cbda (the precursors to THC and CBD).

many people report that juicing raw cannabis does not make them feel high, but does relieve some symptoms.

the leaves have much much less thc than the flowers, so you might want to start with those.

for juicing, you can use any marijuana plant. sometimes its difficult to find charlottes web...

i just dont remember if juicing is used for epilepsy. i'm not finding the results in google. its something to try anyway.

cannabis leaves arent the best flavor, so juice them with carrots and apples.

heres a good forum post with videos about juicing.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/41165-learn-about-the-amazing-health-benefits-of-juicing-raw-cannabis-marijuana-leaves/

i'm not sure how close you are to birmingham/royal oak, but theres two compassion clubs where you can find more information and meet patients and caregivers.

the birmingham compassion club and the mycompassion group.

http://www.mycompassion.org

Oakland County Public Meeting - Royal Oak Mahany/Meininger Senior Community Center - 3500 Marais, Royal Oak, MI 48073
Date: 27 Feb 2014 7:00 PM EST.

i think the birmingham club will meet next month.

good luck and feel free to ask any questions.

you would do well to get the paperwork in place and sent in with no further delays. continue to seek a qualified caregiver and add them on to your registry any time.

I hope you find the help you need.

Thanks t-pain.   Both her neurologist and pediatrician will sign the certs I'm pretty sure.   I appreciate your help, as this is all new to me.  

you would do well to get the paperwork in place and sent in with no further delays. continue to seek a qualified caregiver and add them on to your registry any time.

a minor patient can only have parents be caregivers.

and parents , if they arent patients, cant get caregivers...

so the only way would be to register someone with oil as a patient under the parents.

i think?