Is Michigan Next For Marijuana Legalization?

regulated legalization   such a word  the call it decriminalizes  one oz or less  lol any more is not legal you go to jail,, they never made it legal in Michigan for medical  they just made protections  / 

Yeah. It's all about semantics for the prohibitionists. They don't understand marijuana because they don't WANT to understand it. They are very content wrapped up in their blanket of ignorance and they don't want to have their blankie taken away.

regulated legalization   such a word  the call it decriminalizes  one oz or less  lol any more is not legal you go to jail,, they never made it legal in Michigan for medical  they just made protections  / 

I agree 

Do you think the Law as it is today in Mich. is getting any better as far as people being raided ?

i still dont understand how 'decriminalized' means 'fined $100' ?

a lot of laypeople also think decrim means no penalties.

why are you even issuing tickets for marijuana? WHY? FOR WHAT PURPOSE?

"decriminalize" means nothing, more moo poo

'marijuana is tolerated but its not legal' will be the answer if decrim.

legalized only one oz is also not legal either.

remove marijuana from all laws. how bout that?

t-pain, I remember the hash bash yrs ago and thinking how cool, I only get a five dollar fine for smoking it in public here, ive not been to the hash bash in many yrs, not that I dont want to, but I just feel it is not my thing any more, I love seeing pics of it and hearing new storys about it every yr, but I guess I just got older and dont want to bother with alot of thiings I used to mess with when I was a lil younger, I guess im getting tired and dont like the way I was, now im not a drunk, im a responsible father, mate, citizen, we pay our bills along with taxes, even when you collecrt ssdi you still pay property taxes and taxes at the stores, now im on ssdi so i dont get taxed receiving it, but I get taxed on every thing I spend it on! and people that work get taxed coming and going, and even child support winds up being taxed, when I paid it, they taxed me before they took it out, and then taxed baby's momma when she recieved it, how can they get away with double dipping?   we let them!

Peace

http://www.irs.gov/Help-&-Resources/Tools-&-FAQs/FAQs-for-Individuals/Frequently-Asked-Tax-Questions-&-Answers/Interest,-Dividends,-Other-Types-of-Income/Alimony,-Child-Support,-Court-Awards,-Damages/Alimony,-Child-Support,-Court-Awards,-Damages-1

t-pain, I remember the hash bash yrs ago and thinking how cool, I only get a five dollar fine for smoking it in public here, ive not been to the hash bash in many yrs, not that I dont want to, but I just feel it is not my thing any more, I love seeing pics of it and hearing new storys about it every yr, but I guess I just got older and dont want to bother with alot of thiings I used to mess with when I was a lil younger, I guess im getting tired and dont like the way I was, now im not a drunk, im a responsible father, mate, citizen, we pay our bills along with taxes, even when you collecrt ssdi you still pay property taxes and taxes at the stores, now im on ssdi so i dont get taxed receiving it, but I get taxed on every thing I spend it on! and people that work get taxed coming and going, and even child support winds up being taxed, when I paid it, they taxed me before they took it out, and then taxed baby's momma when she recieved it, how can they get away with double dipping?   we let them!

Peace

Mal,

What do you think still needs to happen in Michigan to create the right kind of situation/environment for Legalization to be more strongly considered and passage of favorable litigation to be more likely?  Is it all about elected representation, or are there are other factors outside of that just as significant?

If it's that making whoopee corrupt then we should out it.  Let's have a bribe telathon for MJ legalization.  Since we the people have spoken as how to treat MJ we have decided that thru your own corruption we want to further the process.  We'll start raising money and all the politicians can watch and they can hit a buzzer when we've reached each one's bribe mark.  I'll get the chalkboards and make the thermometer graphs for each politician we have to bribe. :)

Michaelscott  Thank you for the link, I guess I was given bad info from the last people I actualy was on the pay roll with, they told me they taxed my income before they sent child support, and than the ex said she was paying taxes on it,  I was to busy working to pay attn to it,  thank you for setting that straight, It actualy does make me feel a lil better!

Peace

Ooops, my bad.  Initiative is a proposition we vote on?  Not that smart in politics.

similar to the MMMA  , the people had to vote on it because the legislature would not.

these senators and represenatives cant even agree marijuana is a medicine, why would they ever vote to legalize ?

i guess the actual point of the article was more cities in michigan are going to do lowest law prioritize or decrim. so the question is, after 100 cities in michigan have "legalized" marijuana will the state legislature make it a statewide thing?

Edited by t-pain

Yea. No problem.

The MMMAct was an initiative.  There are initiatives, constitutional amendments  and referendums in Michigan.  GENERALLY, an initiative is started by the public, whereas a referendum comes through the legislature passing alaw and then being referndumed(not even a word-heh); for the public to vote on.

Here is an overview to help ya understand:

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/sos/Ini_Ref_Pet_Website_339487_7.pdf

And so ya know there was no reason to apologize, i have spoken to judges that didnt even understand it. ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

I totally understand, the Snyder administration, who were against MJ reform in 2008, so we have to eat what ever scraps they throw as they try and destroy the law. They destroyed dispensaries, and are in cahoots with a Canadian Pharma to grow state MJ. Their plan is to sell Michigan MJ in Pharmacies, if you choose to go that route you give up your ability to grow your own, its not about patients, its about politics and money.. This is an outrage to our democracy, our farmers cannot even grow industrial hemp which has cost the state billions in revenue.

Vote them out in Nov, none of them are good for Michigan.