New Pain Pill's Approval: 'genuinely Frightening'

More opiates for the masses:

"It's a whopping dose of hydrocodone packed in an easy-to-crush capsule," said Dr. Andrew Kolodny, president of the advocacy group Physicians for Responsible Opioid Prescribing. "It will kill people as soon as it's released."

It's called Zohydro. And you can read about it here.

"It's a whopping dose of hydrocodone packed in an easy-to-crush capsule,    IS that supposed to scare me?   The pill is better than the ones loaded with Tylenol   People that need  pain relief should have a choice  to save on their liver,  this pill is better than the Vicodin liver killer,   

A very big part of the opiate problem is that most Doctors take no responsibility for weaning a patient off of the drug.  They seem to think that if they cut off the prescription, the patient will have to stop using. 

Well, these drugs are available from street dealers who also happen to know where you can get heroin for a lot cheaper than street vicodins.  In a nutshell, that is the reason for our rise in overdose deaths.

I take on avg. less than 1/2 of a .25mg a day and if I take a whole one and don't take one the next day I'm on a roller coaster.  i couldn't imagine more for a extended period of time and then getting cut off.  Friend of mine, who was a paraplegic, and the nicest guy in the world got his house raided and they threw him in jail and wouldn't give him his valium.  Ya, junkies hung out at his house and he did junk but he was on a bunch of scripts for pain. He died in jail from seizures.

This will follow the same script used by the makers of oxy or suboxone

make easy to abuse with straw, foil or syringe for 6 years while flooding the market, then switch to non-abuse formula before the patent runs out, giving you a platform to argue against allowing any competition. then, even if you lose that debate on the federal level, the pharmacies still will only carry the non-abuse formula for valid security concerns