Along Comes Dr Bob

Dr. Bob's response has generated a lot of comments.

Many of them were (in my opinion) thoughtful.

Some weren't.

What is encouraging is even those skeptical of Dr. Bob's response were able to enter into a constructive dialog.

Not a word of response from the officer who wrote the initial opinion piece.

Is that surprising?

Bullies are also cowards in my experience.

Or simply not that bright.

Edited by outsideinthecold

There were no really bad responses, just a couple of poorly thought out ones.  Overall it was well received in MP.  In fact, it was picked up by compassion chronicles and toke signals nationally.

We were expecting more of a response from the cops.  In fact, Chris made sure we had a couple of boxes of donuts when we had office in MP yesterday.

There really is nothing for them to respond to, anything they could possibly say would only dig their hole deeper.  Command undoubtedly told him to not to say anything as they have enough of a PR problem now.

Good time to look into Legalize Mt. Pleasant.

Dr. Bob

One of today's letters to the editor....

Doctor got marijuana right

Regarding Dr. Robert Townsend’s thoughtful Mar. 4 op-ed, the days when drug warriors can get away with confusing the drug war’s tremendous collateral damage with a comparatively harmless plant are coming to an end. If the goal of marijuana prohibition is to subsidize violent drug cartels, prohibition is a grand success.

The drug war distorts supply and demand dynamics so that big money grows on little trees. If the goal is to deter use, marijuana prohibition is a catastrophic failure. The United States has almost double the rate of marijuana use as the Netherlands where marijuana is legal. The criminalization of Americans who prefer marijuana to martinis has no basis in science. The war on marijuana consumers is a failed cultural inquisition, not an evidence-based public health campaign. Not just in Colorado and Washington but throughout the nation, it’s time to stop the pointless arrests and instead tax legal marijuana.

Robert Sharpe

Policy Analyst

Common Sense for Drug Policy

Washington, D.C.

The negative responses on sound off came from two people.  One complained about the odor and the other wanted to know my thoughts about the 'third graders in California' smoking in the bathroom at school.

I guess the answer to the first comes from common courtesy on the part of the patient and a little understanding and tolerance on the part of the writer.  As for the third graders at the unnamed California elementary school, my only response is 'what, no puppies were involved?'

Dr. Bob

Edited by Dr. Bob

Well done Doc!  I believe that this medical cannabis community as a whole is appreciative.  Thank you!

Now that you have their ear, do you think you could write up a defense against that bully, Rick Jones?  He remains willfully ignorant of any benefits of cannabis.  It would be great to be able to publicly counter his arguments.

Or, if you don't like that gig, how about that Sibannac commercial?  I could dig up that script again.

Good time to start a 'Legalize Mt. Pleasant' campaign.  Maybe the guys at CMU will spearhead it.  I'll give Ian a ring.

Decrim please. Unless you like the idea of your patients lined up around the block paying $75 an 1/8 with the procedes going to pay the keystone cops to make sure everyone has a dispensary receipt for their meds. Decrim is a lot more patient friendly and dinosaur cops hate it. Decrim equals no fun/funding for them.

Thanks for your advocacy Dr. Bob.