First Time Grow

JBotts420

So I'm having a few issues with almost every plant. leaf e are 2 in particular that haven't been dping good. The strains I have going right now are 3 LSD, 3 Purple Haze, And 2 unknown strains.

I'm using Roots Organic Soil, No amendments. I have Buddha Grow and Bloom, along with a thing of oreganisumXL. These were all started from seed and about a month old. They all have some leaf edges curling up. From what I have been able to tell is I think its heat/light damage. The highest my temps have gotten are around 83° At night it gets to about 63° the light is now about 3' from the top of the plants. Light is T5HO Sunblaze 8 bulb 4' I believe it has 6500k lamps in. I have done some clipping on the plants and it has seemed to help them a little bit. If any more info is needed please ask.

Only been giving water till the other day. What I gave them the other day was about 1/8 strength.

My humidity goes up to over 55% at night, during the day it fluctuates between 28%-38% but right now its about 40% but I'm sure thats cuz they just got watered the other day.

Yea Roots is preloaded. And after I had transplanted into the 3g pots I was reading that the roots was a little hot. Ill post some pictures now.

nute burn..

most likely..

with seedlings and young clones i use about 2-3 inches of organic KISS (or roots organic soil in your case) in the bottom of the container then only use plain PromixHP to top them off for the first 4-6 weeks or until they are much larger.  they will reach the nute rich soil at the bottom when they are large enough to handle the strength of the nutrients...

Good luck...

Also I have a worm factory 360 coming was planning on throwing root balls in there after I get that far and recycling my soil. Could I feed them veggie and fruit scraps? I know to stay away/light citrus scraps, anything special I should give them to not have to add much to my soil for replanting?

you could repot your plants in some friendlier soil/bigger pots, stop feeding for a bit.

I use happy frog in veg and add no food until I transfer to flower.

You could feed your worms those food scraps but I advise keeping their diet as close to you garden scraps as possible. I feed around 75 thousand of them with only root balls and garden/harvest trim. Maybe this is more important if you house your worms within your grow room, like I do. Other types of worm food may bring other types of pests. Its already pretty scary to peek inside and see a billion crawling insects at work, and even in every plant pot. All my plants have worms too, they just keep getting cycled through.  Only feed in your top trays for best results, and water/drain daily. That drained tea is my source for flowering nutrients.

after looking at your pics I wouldn't be too worried. Your new babes look awesome !  A little burn wont hurt a thing, they'll acclimate quickly. Interestingly my recycled worm dirt is too hot for seedlings or new clones, and that's why I use happyfrog/pro mix in veg.

So it wouldn't let me add photos from my phone. Probably to big. Here is a link.
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/cbm1ljr2w370bks/oLB6lmY9nV

I only water once a week maybe a couple days paste a week depends how light the pots are. I've only gave them anything once and it was the last time I watered it was only 1/8 strength other wise its only been water.

I want to keep it close to my garden too but I dont have much for scraps right now besides the little I have clipped off the plants. I have read that food scraps bring other pests and I want to avoid that but dont have much of anything else right now to feed them.

after looking at your pics I wouldn't be too worried. Your new babes look awesome !  A little burn wont hurt a thing, they'll acclimate quickly. Interestingly my recycled worm dirt is too hot for seedlings or new clones, and that's why I use happyfrog/pro mix in veg.

The pictures show the bad ones. The rest are almost 12" tall. I've topped a couple and fimmed the 2 unknown plants. Ill get pictures of them all on there.

calcium for the worms?  they get all they need from pure water, good soil, decomposing rootballs sticks and leaves. I wouldn't add anything else, but not saying it wont be fine either. It scared me to do it this way and its worked for years. take it with a grain of salt, or not. Believe me I always am tempted to feed kitchen veggie waste too, but luckily I got my rabbits for that waste.

Thanks for sharing your worm aspirations, its great to here of other wormers

Well guess I'm throwing all that away. What about cooked egg shells for calcium?

calcium for the worms? they get all they need from pure water, good soil, decomposing rootballs sticks and leaves. I wouldn't add anything else, but not saying it wont be fine either. It scared me to do it this way and its worked for years. take it with a grain of salt, or not. Believe me I always am tempted to feed kitchen veggie waste too, but luckily I got my rabbits for that waste.

Thanks for sharing your worm aspirations, its great to here of other wormers

Well I have been doing a lot of reading the last 9 months waiting to be able to start growing and seen a few posts around that talked about egg shells to get some calcium into the castings for the plants. You said you water your farm? Like take some water and dump it through the top and collect through the bottom?

(Edit) I added more photos up.

Edited by JBotts420

yes, I water at the top. without it, the composting is slower, and the worms will die.

I don't add anything to the worm farm to benefit plants. I add things to benefit worms. Strictly organic(cannabis) vegetable matter for a complete feeding loop here.

The (finely pulverized) eggshells will help facilitate the maceration of organic material by the worms, but

a handful of dirt will accomplish the same thing. The worms know exactly what to do, and they leave behind fresh dirt and worm tea.

Your plants know exactly what to do, if you feed their soil properly. In hydro raw nutrients are delivered to the roots, in organic growing

the fungus, bacteria, nematoads, worms etc break down organic matter, and even dirt, into usable minerals and salts for the plant to choose from when needed.

Feed those beneficial herds and the rest is automatic.

I collect the tea from the drains in the bottoms of each farm stack. I put a couple cups into a five gallon bucket of bubbling water, a drop of unsulfured molasses( to feed the bacteria in the bucket) and use it in a day or two for the watering.

Well I have been doing a lot of reading the last 9 months waiting to be able to start growing and seen a few posts around that talked about egg shells to get some calcium into the castings for the plants. You said you water your farm? Like take some water and dump it through the top and collect through the bottom?

(Edit) I added more photos up.

if you let it sit out for a day or two uncovered, and/or keep it bubbling, you'll get better grow results in organic soil. Just like in your body, chlorate/chlorine kills beneficial organisms when it comes into contact in soil. agitation helps to release it from the water faster. when you do get your worms, they'll quickly let you know what is organic, and what is not, with a wiggly painful dance.