The Longest Effect?

a multipart question

whats the longest you've felt the effects of cannabis from a single intake?

so if you smoked 5 joints in a row and felt it for 8 hours?

or if you ate 3 brownies and felt it for 48 hours?

people who "re-up" by eating/smoking every 5 hours, dont answer that question.

i guess what i'm looking for a kind of chart or report about different ingestion methods and their generic effects and effect times? i know strains are different and everyone has different effects and it depends on the fat content of your meal and your body fat. maybe i should make my own chart from erowid reports?

it should start with juicing raw cannabis leaves and go all the way to bho/rso/shatter/wax/honey etc.

juicing raw leaves - no head high but euphoric and body high , warming sensation for 4 hours

juicing/eating raw bud - high, sleepy, 6 hours 

eating dried bud - starts in 1 hour, high, stoney, 12 hours for 1/2g , 24 hours effects per 2g

smoking dried bud- starts in 10 seconds, high , body high, 3-4 hours per 1/2g

smoking dried bud w/ keif

vaping  -high , 3-4 hours per 1/2g

eating uncarb'd oil - starts in 30min , lasts 6 hours per 300mg

eating carb'd oil - starts in 30min, lasts 8 hours per 300mg ?

charras/fresh hash

pressed/carb'd hash

(these are examples of what i want, not actual reports)

maybe the graph would have 'peak highs' and indicate how long until it took effect on average?

the second part of the question, if you eat more edibles, do you stay medicated for longer?

so if you eat one bite of a brownie and it lasts for 7 hours, and then the next day you eat two brownies , do the effects last longer?

if this is all common knowledge somewhere let me know where i can refresh my memory.

For me, this is totally strain specific. It's one of the strain tests for quality, duration.

i'd be happy to see duration reports on one strain , if an average duration varies too much from strain to strain.

the OTC medication at the pharmacy, nyquil '12 hour' or benadryll '24 hour'... cannabis ... 5 hour ? edible 8 hour?

i know. strain specific, person specific, chemotype specific, nutrient specific, indoor/outdoor specific.

i know i'm asking the impossible, for people to write down and time their effects.

i read all these stuffy university research studies. can we make our own study? :)

You bring up a good point there. Ibuprophen lasts me exactly 4 hours, no matter how much I take. I can tell it's gone. But cannabis can last as little as 2 hours and as long as 24 hours. For me it doesn't depend on ingestion method, it depends on the dosage. You can take a higher dosage more easily with oil. One time I ate a gel cap of oil in the morning and I could still feel it the next day. It was too high of a dosage because I felt uncomfortible most of the day and had some spinning the next morning.

thats good info, thank you.

i know there are similar results in the rso guides that talk about 1g of oil will affect you for ~24hours.

i've been eating unheated dried bud, i got used to the flavor.

if i eat a piece of bud the size of 1 peanut m&m, the effects last me 12 hours.

i ate a piece of bud the size of 3 peanut m&m s and the effects stayed with me for 24hours.

do you prefer decarb'd or not , for your ingested oil Restorium ?

It's all decarbed. I basically have two sources for the oil I use;

1. Buds and trim leaves processed in a food dehydrator for 4-8 hours until it's completely dried out.

2. The left overs from when I vape my best buds in a volcano vaporizer set on 5.

I like the 'left over vape buds' oil the best. It's super smooth in a vape and it it works just as good as making oil out of fresh buds. Makes me feel good about getting the most out of what the plant can offer me.

I don't eat much oil because it's a little strong for my usual usages. I have it on hand only for when I can't vape. The patients I encounter would much rather smoke or vape than eat it. They only want to eat the oil when, on the rare occurence, they can't smoke or vape.

Edited by Restorium2

I felt negative effects for three days when I consumed one gram of oil. It was good for a bit, then took a dive into nausea and vertigo, excessive sleep.

On the other hand I could dab myself stupid and not experience any of that. I'm afraid of edibles.

restorium;  have you ever compared the end result of forced dry to natural dried product ? 

I felt negative effects for three days when I consumed one gram of oil. It was good for a bit, then took a dive into nausea and vertigo, excessive sleep.

On the other hand I could dab myself stupid and not experience any of that. I'm afraid of edibles.

restorium;  have you ever compared the end result of forced dry to natural dried product ?

Yes, no noticable difference.

A year or two ago I made some cannabis fruit and nut bars. An 8" by 8" pan with about an oz of bud ground up and cooked with a mixture of dried fruit, nuts, brown sugar, corn syrup etc. this resulted in 16 servings with 1/16 oz per serving. This recipe was baked at about 300F for 30 min. One serving was enough to keep a patient pain- free but in bed for about 24-36 hours. The result was a granola bar with at least a day of pain relief but also a day of Impairment. So, use with caution.

have yo unnoticed a difference when smoking forced dry vs natural drying?  I would have guessed those differences would come out in the oil too. I've forced dried bud and it always tasted subpar to me, but I never did it for an extraction.  I have extracted from freshly harvested plants and the results are unique and pleasantly potent tasty.

Yes, no noticable difference.

have yo unnoticed a difference when smoking forced dry vs natural drying? I would have guessed those differences would come out in the oil too. I've forced dried bud and it always tasted subpar to me, but I never did it for an extraction. I have extracted from freshly harvested plants and the results are unique and pleasantly potent tasty.

Natural > forced

And i agree fresh is the unique/awesome as a tea.

Edited by beourbud

have yo unnoticed a difference when smoking forced dry vs natural drying?  I would have guessed those differences would come out in the oil too. I've forced dried bud and it always tasted subpar to me, but I never did it for an extraction.  I have extracted from freshly harvested plants and the results are unique and pleasantly potent tasty.

LOL Dumb question and bad guess. OF COURSE cured buds are better when smoked or vaped.

The only reason to force dry at a low temp for hours is to remove the H2O from what you are going to extract. Water molecules get in the way of the extraction and end up giving you water in your oil when using a closed extraction method.

• 8 months later...

I took some pretty old dried up flowers, about 2.5 grams, ground in a coffee grinder added to 1 lb ground beef as it was browning for spaghetti.

I ate two full helpings..Felt the effects in less than an hour, I great body high, very relaxed, then sleepy within a few hours. I had leftovers the next day, one full helping, slept through 3 nights without waking up and the mornings were less painful. 

I took some pretty old dried up flowers, about 2.5 grams, ground in a coffee grinder added to 1 lb ground beef as it was browning for spaghetti.

I ate two full helpings..Felt the effects in less than an hour, I great body high, very relaxed, then sleepy within a few hours. I had leftovers the next day, one full helping, slept through 3 nights without waking up and the mornings were less painful. 

Whoah, you could make bud burgers like that.  :bbq: 

LOL Dumb question and bad guess. OF COURSE cured buds are better when smoked or vaped.

The only reason to force dry at a low temp for hours is to remove the H2O from what you are going to extract. Water molecules get in the way of the extraction and end up giving you water in your oil when using a closed extraction method.

solvent polarity and targeted ingredients.

alcohol-targets water solubles in open or closed system

nbutane-does not in open or closed system.

Last weekend I force dried material and extracted. There was a definite noticeable difference in effects, taste and overall "quality" of the concentrate.

solvent polarity and targeted ingredients.

alcohol-targets water solubles in open or closed system

nbutane-does not in open or closed system.

Last weekend I force dried material and extracted. There was a definite noticeable difference in effects, taste and overall "quality" of the concentrate.

Alcohol combines with the water molecules to block the extraction process. That's why I make sure to use a dry product for extraction. 

From what I'm reading; You messed it up somehow? Bad quality? There are so many ways you can ruin it. 

I had a dose of cannabis oil's effects last almost a full 24 hrs.  It was way too much!  No effects for almost 3 hrs (I almost took some more!). I went to sleep at about 3 hrs after the dose. 6 hrs in I woke up in a panic....didn't know where I was or what was going on, it was terrible.  10-12 hrs in I could barely function I was so high.  At about 14 hrs after ingestion I felt great but still high with that sensation gradually waning.  Even at about 22 hrs after the dose I still had a little buzz.  I now have much respect for the power of good cannabis oil.

for the better or worse grass, and did you just use heat (oven) or did you use heat + wind (dehydrator) ?

heat, no purposeful air movement.

I don't practice heating but wanted to try it. under 200f until 75% of the (water) was removed.

I read a book written yrs ago called Trash to Stash, a hippies guide to reclaiming. I think it was circa 1970's.

This was the first I'd heard of forced drying/for alcohol/naptha extraction. It talked about doing this with your trimmings,

hermies, rice cooker operation basically. It was the coolest comic strip style reading ! The vibe was the rush to reduce weight from a "larger"

harvest, such as one at the end of the outdoor growing season. Made sense to me. These days I feed the bunnies on the day of harvest because I'm lazy, don't want the weight around drying, don't want the smell of heating, don't need the fresh material concentrate.

I wanted to detect the differences between force heated and naturally dried cannabis material in the end result of concentration. Not like I sent it to a lab or anything, so very subjective here, but I detect some differences in taste and effects comparing concentrates made with the same material, naturally dried for a week, until 75% of the weight was gone.

heat, no purposeful air movement.

I don't practice heating but wanted to try it. under 200f until 75% of the (water) was removed.

I read a book written yrs ago called Trash to Stash, a hippies guide to reclaiming. I think it was circa 1970's.

This was the first I'd heard of forced drying/for alcohol/naptha extraction. It talked about doing this with your trimmings,

hermies, rice cooker operation basically. It was the coolest comic strip style reading ! The vibe was the rush to reduce weight from a "larger"

harvest, such as one at the end of the outdoor growing season. Made sense to me. These days I feed the bunnies on the day of harvest because I'm lazy, don't want the weight around drying, don't want the smell of heating, don't need the fresh material concentrate.

I wanted to detect the differences between force heated and naturally dried cannabis material in the end result of concentration. Not like I sent it to a lab or anything, so very subjective here, but I detect some differences in taste and effects comparing concentrates made with the same material, naturally dried for a week, until 75% of the weight was gone.

Too hot for raw cannabis. Use a quality food dehydrator with air circulating. It does create an odor. lol This advice IS ONLY for extraction. I wouldn't ever use any type of forced dry on anything but buds for extraction. 

I had a dose of cannabis oil's effects last almost a full 24 hrs.  It was way too much!  No effects for almost 3 hrs (I almost took some more!). I went to sleep at about 3 hrs after the dose. 6 hrs in I woke up in a panic....didn't know where I was or what was going on, it was terrible.  10-12 hrs in I could barely function I was so high.  At about 14 hrs after ingestion I felt great but still high with that sensation gradually waning.  Even at about 22 hrs after the dose I still had a little buzz.  I now have much respect for the power of good cannabis oil.

All good oil does this. Except for the delay, that's your own personal digestive system working. We all have varying times depending on how your system is working at the time. 

I have a thread on the effects of oil lol!  the last time I ate about a gram from some one that gave it to me, I got so buzzed I got gumbie legs I was drooling, the ole lady was ready to call an ambulance bawahahahaha!  Im so glad she didnt, she thought I was od ing on rx's, luckily she knew me when I used to eat duragesic patches lol,,,,,the buz lasted me at least 48 hrs, I didnt even think of burning a dube or a bowl for like 3 days, I felt the effects for at least 3 days, I like feeling that way so im prob not the best person to ask, Im trying to get the right dose down so I can just take tabs of oil and not smoke anything, well maybe try out some nice mm now and then but I would much rather pop a pill of oil than smoke it!

the amount I did is not for the weak at heart lol! I normaly start with a higher dose and go down, I havent found the right dose yet, but I will and in the mean time im enjoying experimenting!

Peace

I have a thread on the effects of oil lol!  the last time I ate about a gram from some one that gave it to me, I got so buzzed I got gumbie legs I was drooling, the ole lady was ready to call an ambulance bawahahahaha!  Im so glad she didnt, she thought I was od ing on rx's, luckily she knew me when I used to eat duragesic patches lol,,,,,the buz lasted me at least 48 hrs, I didnt even think of burning a dube or a bowl for like 3 days, I felt the effects for at least 3 days, I like feeling that way so im prob not the best person to ask, Im trying to get the right dose down so I can just take tabs of oil and not smoke anything, well maybe try out some nice mm now and then but I would much rather pop a pill of oil than smoke it!

the amount I did is not for the weak at heart lol! I normaly start with a higher dose and go down, I havent found the right dose yet, but I will and in the mean time im enjoying experimenting!

Peace

I'm amazed you don't get that same thing from your BHO. You haven't ever been there with a big dose of BHO?