Hydro(Salts) Vs Organic

trichcycler

Your right, sun grown meds produce something called hard growth where the cell walls thicken and the vegetative matter is more dense than grown under artificial light. in artificial light plants produce soft growth. Generally the smoke isn't as harsh, strain for strain in an indoor grow. Which is why no curing is needed on indoor grown.

I'd like to see and try the samples passed out to believe it. Anything I've had that was grown outdoor that comes down around the same time tastes like the goldenrod and aster pollen that was shed about finishing time. The smoke is harsher and everyone I know that has sampled it preferred the indoor, strain for strain. Maybe they just couldn't grow as well indoors. Maybe it was just too bad outside for them to finish well? I'd put my indoor against any outdoor any day. Except Russian Rocket Fuel. It just didn't produce the same hi as it did outdoors.

Personally, I think that it's strain dependent and subjective on whether they do better indoors or out. They found that people who's parents made dry turkey for Thanksgiving while growing up preferred dry turkey over juicy turkey as adults. May depend on what your accustomed to. Good for you asking your patients what they prefer and providing it to them. Did you give them a price difference when you asked them what they preferred?

Price difference? not sure what you are asking. They get 1/4 free, for most that is all they need, want

First, let's be clear...a greenhouse is an indoor op. It is not outdoor. You have much more control of your environment in a greenhouse, obviously. This is not MJ growing in a feild..lol

Second, Sun Grown Organic ops naturally enhance EVERY aspect of the plant,,,taste, yeild, potency and time under the influence of the Meds.

Third we ain't talking turkey. The reason you are is because you have no experience with Sun Grown Organic (greenhouse)

Why do we fear the unknown? They use to preach the world was flat until someone had the guts to challenge the status quo.

I think people are all twisted because their hydro opp(rediculously expensive) is obsolete, much like the horse and buggy industry was with the advent of the auto. You can adapt to the superior technology or fall behind.

I think everyone knows Sun Grown Organic is superior...Whole Foods is a good example...people want Sun Grown Organic

We have slots open .c'mon over. Anytime

Eta...Another interesting survey was...Who gets there Meds tested? The speakers made a point to mention getting your Meds tested......I could find no one that has there Meds tested. Not one

Edited by beourbud

Sorry, I disagree that it makes it taste better and a better high.  They may yield better depending on the season and how much you control your indoor greenhouse for env factors but they'd get pretty big indoors if you give them a 3-4 month veg time.  Your still going to get bugs flying around and possibly nasties again depending on how sealed and what micron screening for airflow but your probably more susceptible to mold unless your employing dehumidifiers during the nite temp drops around finishing time.  Or your using a mold resistant strain.  This limits the strains you can grow as if you grow something made for desert type or dryer conditions and you will have problems. Unless you use ac or shadecloth the summers can get quite hot and humid.

If your in a greenhouse your not getting UV to your plants unless your spending a lot on greenhouse glass.  How much difference is there other than the thicker cell walls from the brighter light. 

I was wondering, when you asked what they preferred, whether there was an explanation of price difference between outdoor and indoor grown?  I'm wondering if that influenced the patients choice of what they preferred as you said it could get the price down to $2/gr? correct?

Yet McDonalds and burger king are the biggest food suppliers out there.  You could say teh same about sun grown meds, everyone thinks their the best but they may not be.  Just like anything else, there is no best across the board, it all depends on who, where and what.  Indoors under the sun has potential to be just as subpar as anything else.

Congrats on being good at it and providing what your patients want.  It's not about what style you choose it's about being good at the style you choose.

there you have it. Definitively outdoor marijuana plants grow bigger than an indoor grower could afford to grow it, but the final product is subpar .

(edit; joke above ^^, mostly to beourbud)

I employ dehumidifiers and ac 24/7 and run sealed rooms. Never had mold, never had mites, I control how large plants get, and my patients never are without medical grade buds, regardless of the season, or the strain. All have same rooms, same water, food, light, temps etc. none are supplemented. I've sampled outdoor garden product since I was 18, and can say I never had "the bomb" unless grown indoors. Not to say it doesn't exist, and I bet beourbud has it. I've had great outdoor Cali, fresh off of the trees, and prefer my indoor product. My patients always insisted on indoor grown, for the cleanliness and risk assessment.

"Costs" are subjective to each grower. Some will include their labor, hourly rate, some will collect market value, some will contribute money to their garden to keep it going well. Some include an amortized amount of invested start up dollars.

Some growers count on it Pit bulls and guns for security, others call ADT. these variables all contribute to the cost of our medicine.

I've always preferred to focus on offering quality in service, rather than quantity or price. I never approached a business model in the thrifty way, starting with how cheap I can accomplish a task. I always started with the best I could do, and look at costs later. If I cant provide the best product, not the cheapest, then I find a new endeavor. I understand folks sometimes are working with budgetary restraints and encourage attempting to grow on the cheap. But a medical supplier owes it to their patients to supply the best meds possible, not the cheapest. I'll leave that to the evil corps cutting costs at our expense.

Edited by grassmatch

The whole "this way is best" mentality is bullish@t.

"Subpar" is as subjective as can be.

How about everybody check your ego and stop being so god d@mn negative towards that which you choose not to do.

What is best is what works for you and if your patients are happy then you are doing your job. 

Edited by I wood

The whole "this way is best" mentality is bullish@t.

"Subpar" is as subjective as can be.

How about everybody check your ego and stop being so god d@mn negative towards that which you choose not to do.

What is best is what works for you and if your patients are happy then you are doing your job.

It's really not just ego trips, it's 'advertising yourself' for a lot of folks here. If you read close enough you will see them admit it occasionally.

Funny he says there's tons of use hydro setups for sale as meaning everyone is quitting hydro......What part of a dirt grower would be used dirt setups?  Used dirt for sale?   HJ

This pretty much says it all. haha.

Look, anyway, when I do grow outside in a greenhouse, and eventually I will, I'll STILL be using HYDRO..do you know why? Because I like it that way and my meds are for me, not someone else.

Edited for grammar:derp

Edited by AbominableDro-Man

Funny he says there's tons of use hydro setups for sale as meaning everyone is quitting hydro......What part of a dirt grower would be used dirt setups?  Used dirt for sale?   HJ

I guess the take away is ...there are no sophisticated / expensive equipment with a Sun Grown Organic op, so no you won't see a lot of equipment for sale. Now with all the tubing listed on the hydro sales...someone getting hosed.

If you were joking...Good one!

This pretty much says it all. haha.

Look, anyway, when I do grow outside in a greenhouse, and eventually I will, I'll STILL be using HYDRO..do you know why? Because I like it that way and my meds are for me, not someone else.

Edited for grammar:derp

As it should be. Just pointing out the market trend. Colorado is ahead of us in Organics, they are erecting huge greenhouses because they know the market. To many here in Michigan are in it for the$$$ not the quality.

Sad face

O

I know change can be difficult but believe me it is better to be forewarned then forearmed by superior products.

The fknrepublicans want us to buy canadian operated ,cave grown , irradiated , synthetically bolsterd , fast dry no cure hydro in soulless medium 3% ...mmmm yummy

As long as there is a repub majority they will trip us up every step of the way.

Edit: You know what. Nevermind. Such a silly thing. Everyone has opinions Beour, yours is that you and other people you have surveyed on averaged like the sun grown meds more. I like mine more, you like yours more. Lets' agree to disagree. You can't convince me, and I guarantee that, and I cannot convince you. Only that...this current conversation has absolutely nothing to do with republicans. Pretty sure my plants don't give a darn what peoples political preferences are haha.

Edited by AbominableDro-Man

Proper hydroponically controlled systems produce awesome medical marijuana. I loved it. I quit because I found my chosen nutrient system to lack quality controls in production, and it scared me to be married to a company. I attempted organics in hydro for many years, and could do it with live fish/clams making nutrient in the reservoir, but that is intensive labor I cant do any longer on a large scale. I tried an organic approach to with super soil and worms and it was awesome too. I stuck with it, because it works. There is a difference in the smoke. One is fed only water in the last weeks of life, while a dirt grown continues to break down mineral salts in an organic substrate,  and feed with each watering. I prefer dirt grown today. both techniques rock though. I was in love with tinkering too, for a long time, now that I'm aging a bit, I feel more connected with the dirt farming now, and these marijuana plants love what I do.

How much would it cost to build a greenhouse?

Great question!

We encourage use of existing structures that have one roof side facing south and then window that same wall...that's it.

Some use a garage some an extra room of the home, some ready made outdoor sheds. The shed kits at home despot can be modified quite nicely.

You don't need a glass greenhouse per se, merely one south roof and the south wall ( about half way up) to be glass. From any direction but the south it looks like a normal shed. We have several in the burbs...they love em, Looks like a shed in the yard. Lol We save windows and doors collected from remodels. CHEAP. We have yet to pay for glass.. A little privacy foliage and they won't even know you are there.

Thank you for your question

We have developed many practical solutions for growing Sun Grown Organics in a Cold Climate Grow.

Sun Grown ?...Naturally!

Edited by beourbud

Hey, no need to get defensive, the market will pick the winners. I would like to see a superior hydro...haven't seen it yet.

I will tell you that there are many health conscience professionals willing to pay good $$$$ for Sun Grown Organic.

The trend is Organic...it's not my fault!

until harvest time. I can smell my neighbors outdoor grow down the street in the late summer, and he's 600 yards down the road.

Wow you must have gotten a nose job by dyson. That's one sensitive schnoz. Lol

Skunks are the worse.

With many strains you can't smell the till you touch them or they rub together in a breeze.

We have a couple strains that hardly smell at all. But oddly I have an allergic react to them both?

Edited by beourbud

dirt growing is arguably cheaper, easier, less time consuming, harder work, with a better outcome. a little slower in veg, but who cares, you only need to supply five patients with the results. After your first proper perpetual harvest, you will never be concerned with shortages, not enough cuttings/clones, or vegging speed, you'll most likely reduce the number of plants you grow.

I cannot recommend any organic nutrient commercially available suitable for hydroponics. Jobes organic fertilizer spikes work on their own with only water added to happy frog, promix dirt. advanced nutrients mother earth teas work very well too, but maybe not so much in hydro.

I heard Soul Synthetics are chemical but close to organic as they come....dunno..I use Roots Organics and General Organics.  But there is NO WAY possible to use Roots Organics in any hydro system...! it will gunk any and every hydro technique.

that is strange, and a worthwhile note. I wonder what is causing the reaction. wild, you may be on to something!!

Wow you must have gotten a nose job by dyson. That's one sensitive schnoz. Lol
Skunks are the worse.

With many strains you can't smell the till you touch them or they rub together in a breeze.

We have a couple strains that hardly smell at all. But oddly I have an allergic react to them both?

gotcha !

when I grew with clear panels on my roof I found power costs to be too high to cool and heat. But I admit I was pushing the season year round to accomplish my needs. I do know that the pants at finish were huge trees, and for a moment I appreciated my ridiculous 11 foot ceilings in the grow room.

Sun Grown Organic = Indoor + Sunlight

Edited by grassmatch