Legal Guide Lines?

your post began with "Do your best to not get caught with more than 2.5 ounces. Either don't grow too much or figure out another way to not get caught over.

I understood it completely, and suggested simply to read and follow the law, instead of worrying of getting away with something or not getting caught. might be a glass half full thing ? I don't know. It is better to be pro peace than anti war you know.

Learn to accept that there is a section 8, especially when folks want to grow outdoors once a year. All advice needs to stay in context of how it was asked. You can't do a perpetual grow outdoors.

Not growing too much is good advice. I've noticed some of the new folks think that they have to grow twelve plants because that number is mentioned in the law.

One person can generally get by flowering one or two plants at a time. A couple in veg, a couple in flower and a few cuttings can easily take your plant count to twelve. No need for twelve mature plants.

I'm sorry you've not become familiar with light deprivation techniques. Jorge Cervantes speaks much about this for growing in low light, short season areas, like MI.

There's a lot of detail on the subject, greenhouse managers have been doing this for a long time.

I use a dark tent for 2 days to induce flowering before my plants are put out. Sometimes I'll grab an already expressing flowering plant from indoors and allow it to finish outdoors. If an mj plant is already vegging outdoors its best to cover it with a garbage can or the like around july, for a safe finish.  A lot of crappy outdoor smoke has been traded for along time. When its left to veg and flower naturally in our state it just doesn't often have enough time to finish safely. Artificially induced flowering is the answer.

whether you believe you can do something or not, you are correct sir.

LOL Sure you do.

I'm sorry you've not become familiar with light deprivation techniques. Jorge Cervantes speaks much about this for growing in low light, short season areas, like MI.

There's a lot of detail on the subject, greenhouse managers have been doing this for a long time.

I use a dark tent for 2 days to induce flowering before my plants are put out. Sometimes I'll grab an already expressing flowering plant from indoors and allow it to finish outdoors. If an mj plant is already vegging outdoors its best to cover it with a garbage can or the like around july, for a safe finish.  A lot of crappy outdoor smoke has been traded for along time. When its left to veg and flower naturally in our state it just doesn't often have enough time to finish safely. Artificially induced flowering is the answer.

whether you believe you can do something or not, you are correct sir.

I've seen it first hand back in the 80's. A guy I knew grew cannabis in the trunks of cars. He would open the lids to adjust light time. Good theory but the buds were very weak. Not something that does well here in Michigan. Something to think about where the climate would allow it. It's more bother than it's worth here. It's hard enough to get one crop per summer in Michigan using the sun. Edited by Restorium2

I am very successful at getting "crops" from the outdoors. My flowers mature in 70 days or so outdoors, as long as they are flower induced by june/july. If not fully induced the plants will continue to veg, leaving you with unfinished fluffy buds in November. The key is Flower Inducing. Not gradual, not in trunk of a car, but instant, precise, and purposeful. It's different than just putting a vegging plant into the flower room with 12/12. There are too many variables to your trunk grow example to come to the conclusion that outdoor buds are fluffy?? 

Perseverance, proper examples, and the internet would bring you up to speed with these techniques. We've come a long way from dudes growing in their trunks in MI man, and most of the stoner age info concerning growing/processing etc is outdated, convoluted, and sometimes downright incorrect. Moving forward, its a new century.

Note: I did no invent these proven techniques. I don't think everyone is capable of success.  I read of these extraordinary growing schemes in a few books, by a few breeders, and found great success with it. Outdoor buds need not be fluffy. I've seen fluffy buds in a nice grow room, and that doesn't make "all buds grown in rooms are fluffy" of course, or all buds grown in trunks are fluffy either I suppose. There is more to it, I assumed you would know that.

I am very successful at getting "crops" from the outdoors. My flowers mature in 70 days or so outdoors, as long as they are flower induced by june/july. If not fully induced the plants will continue to veg, leaving you with unfinished fluffy buds in November. The key is Flower Inducing. Not gradual, not in trunk of a car, but instant, precise, and purposeful. It's different than just putting a vegging plant into the flower room with 12/12. There are too many variables to your trunk grow example to come to the conclusion that outdoor buds are fluffy?? 

Perseverance, proper examples, and the internet would bring you up to speed with these techniques. We've come a long way from dudes growing in their trunks in MI man, and most of the stoner age info concerning growing/processing etc is outdated, convoluted, and sometimes downright incorrect. Moving forward, its a new century.

Note: I did no invent these proven techniques. I don't think everyone is capable of success.  I read of these extraordinary growing schemes in a few books, by a few breeders, and found great success with it. Outdoor buds need not be fluffy. I've seen fluffy buds in a nice grow room, and that doesn't make "all buds grown in rooms are fluffy" of course, or all buds grown in trunks are fluffy either I suppose. There is more to it, I assumed you would know that.

The stoner growing in car trunks was real. Probably the best grower you would ever shake hands with. He would still be one of the best today if he were still alive. Things haven't changed that much. Michigan climate is what it is. Your idea would work good in areas with a longer grow season.

It works superbly in my MI area since 2008. but who am I to convince you. If you think you can do something, or you think you cannot, you are correct !!

" Until his last day in 02, my uncle used a tire thumper instead of a pocket pressure gauge. Some things never change. He saw one fail once, and knew they could not be trusted."

We have other outdoor growers right here in the forum who use the sun with success. Trunk grower dude sounds like the type to embrace new information, I bet he would be impressed with how far we've come.

Enjoy what works for you

I hope the op finds that legal growing is good for him. The rules really are pretty simple. I wish the op great success !

It works superbly in my MI area since 2008. but who am I to convince you. If you think you can do something, or you think you cannot, you are correct !!

" Until his last day in 02, my uncle used a tire thumper instead of a pocket pressure gauge. Some things never change. He saw one fail once, and knew they could not be trusted."

We have other outdoor growers right here in the forum who use the sun with success. Trunk grower dude sounds like the type to embrace new information, I bet he would be impressed with how far we've come.

Enjoy what works for you

I hope the op finds that legal growing is good for him. The rules really are pretty simple. I wish the op great success !

No one said you couldn't use the sun for great success. No one at all. You are twisting things.

What was said was;

A perpetual outdoor grow isn't going to work very good for most Michigan growers. Most Michigan outdoor growers are going to find that very challenging and more bother than it's worth, with alternatives available. I don't base this on just one season of growing, I base it on 25 years of growing in Michigan, and careful observation of many growers and their accountings.

Edited by Restorium2

ahh, my secret techniques have been shown to be the exception in the state, I understand completely. It is truly an exceptional technique to those few who employ it themselves.

good day

No secret at all. You can read it in books printed long ago. Nothing new. You would have to have tried it to know that it doesn't work good in our climate.

You would have to have tried it to know that it doesn't work good in our climate.

If you would just try it, like follow your own advice, you would see it work for yourself, rather than citing one old cat growing in the trunk of his car in the 80's, and blaming the fluffy buds on the weather, c'mon, you're lookin chowderheaded here and that's not my intention. I'm done with the ops thread shred. you could start a thread asking for the perpetual outdoor growers who induce flowering for success? I'll explain the technique I learned long ago to do this in our state.

peace

If you would just try it, like follow your own advice, you would see it work for yourself, rather than citing one old cat growing in the trunk of his car in the 80's, and blaming the fluffy buds on the weather, c'mon, you're lookin chowderheaded here and that's not my intention. I'm done with the ops thread shred. you could start a thread asking for the perpetual outdoor growers who induce flowering for success? I'll explain the technique I learned long ago to do this in our state.

peace

You said you could flower plants outdoors in Michigan, all year round-perpetual. You show me a pic of what you have outside flowering right now and I will believe you. It's not something very easy to believe. The sun is just too far away for part of the year in Michigan for a perpetual outdoor grow.

could you show me the place I said I could perpetually grow year round in MI ?  Interesting how a simple misunderstanding can fuel a silly debate.

all good though. it appears we are on this same page here brother.

happy growing

for the record. I cannot, nor have I ever been able to, nor recall ever stating I could, winter time flower using the sun.

each year is not equal to all year . I veg through the winter, place my induced plants out in spring, mid summer, every week, and harvest each week as summer closes. I experience the outdoor growing season with a perpetual grow scheme. what part of this don't you understand, still ?

Perpetual means continuously, year round. Like I said, you are full of beans. LOL

In april there is revegging. In june/july(watch the sun schedule) the plants will flower furiously until finished.

At six weeks flowering I only have another 2-3 till finish. I wouldn't move a plant this far along. After a couple days of flower inducing in the dark only an 18+ hours would return them to veg. Greenhouse growers have been adjusting lighting schedules with light deprivation techniques for many years. HT has written dozens of articles on the subject.

A Farmers Almanac will show the summer schedule. There is one day each year when the sun will be out the longest. If worried, growers can transplant an induced plant outdoors after that day with no worries. The plant senses the summer closing.

With a forced flower of a couple days, or even an expressing plant from the flower room(a week, or two) put out in june will be no issues.I suggest doing some research on light deprivation techniques, an not take my word for it. I didn't invent this stuff, just sharing it with the forum. I've nothing to prove, and it aint bragging rights. Matter of fact I assumed all Michigan growers did this for success outdoors. Maybe a bad assumption, and  why most outdoor MI smoke has historically sucked?

I don't consider myself an "outdoor grower" even though I have some out there. There are solid outdoor growers in the forum who grow outdoors every year, as opposed to indoors. These growers are the ones to answer q's of the techniques used for success. I picked one bit of info about light deprivation, and ran with it. Those guys probably cover may more angles for success.

each year is not equal to all year . I veg through the winter, place my induced plants out in spring, mid summer, every week, and harvest each week as summer closes. I experience the outdoor growing season with a perpetual grow scheme. what part of this don't you understand, still ?

You redefine 'perpetual grow' just so I'm wrong and you are right. I understand that very well. I said that growing outdoors can be challenging to stay under 2.5 ounces. You said I was wrong and tried to explain why. You can be right, I don't care. I'm wrong, no biggy. Most folks don't do a perpetual outdoor grow but I guess YOU could. You can do anything you say you can on the internet and some folks use that to the extreme. Be all you can be.

I said that growing outdoors can be challenging to stay under 2.5 ounces. You said I was wrong

I said that? I reread the thread and don't see where I said you were wrong about staying legal growing outdoors. Actually, search my beourbud rounds and you will read me saying exactly what you state. Of course I cant claim to be able to grow with the sun during winter, everyone knows you cant here.  To assume that's what I meant for the sake of your argument is redundant & counterproductive. Growing outside is difficult, especially supplying five patients  during the season down time because of the legal weight restrictions, lack of sunlight, temperature controls, etc.

it aint about being right or wrong. you've challenged my experience, I simply am attempting to explain it to you. Your obtuse approach to new ideas is baffling to me, but I appreciate that you don't single just me out to argue with or disrespect. Most growers embrace new ideas in their garden, and are interested in extending growing opportunities legally. I apologize for my part in your misunderstanding. I see you have many misunderstanding in this forum. We are here to clear those up. Any way I can help you I will.

peace out

I said that? I reread the thread and don't see where I said you were wrong about staying legal growing outdoors. Actually, search my beourbud rounds and you will read me saying exactly what you state. Of course I cant claim to be able to grow with the sun during winter, everyone knows you cant here.  To assume that's what I meant for the sake of your argument is redundant & counterproductive. Growing outside is difficult, especially supplying five patients  during the season down time because of the legal weight restrictions, lack of sunlight, temperature controls, etc.

it aint about being right or wrong. you've challenged my experience, I simply am attempting to explain it to you. Your obtuse approach to new ideas is baffling to me, but I appreciate that you don't single just me out to argue with or disrespect. Most growers embrace new ideas in their garden, and are interested in extending growing opportunities legally. I apologize for my part in your misunderstanding. I see you have many misunderstanding in this forum. We are here to clear those up. Any way I can help you I will.

peace out

Obtuse and wrong then. Thanks.

What are the legal guide lines for medical users whome are there own care givers as far as growing?

For instance when building a green house can I:

1. Use 1/2 plexi glass for the walls and ceiling.                                              Yes

2. Have it in my back yards.                                                                          depending on your city rules, yes

3. Its 13 plants right?                                                                                      NO

4. How much dried product can I store?                                                         2.5 ounces of useable marijuana per patient

5. Can I sotre the finished product in a deep freezer with a padalock on it?   Sure you can

6. Am I risking problems with the feds if the police get mad at me?                 Yes

Any and all information would be helpfull. I just recently got my card for epilepsy and the doctors did not seem to want to tell me any specifics when it comes to the law. That's why we refer to the law here;  http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-35299_63294_63303_51869---,00.html

good luck with your newfound relief !