Funding A Cancer Patient's Legal Fight

For all the people that keep saying..... show me one case where someone was following the rules yet still getting charged........ Well here is one  of those........... And there are more.........This has to stop.......... Please help if you can..........

Thanx for posting Dr Bob............

Thanks and yes many more 

if the law found loose mj in his car I'd have to agree with an above post, concerning illegal transport. NO excuse to persecute the disabled of course, but it could possibly be an  act outside the scope of our Act committed by the defendant?

For all the people that keep saying..... show me one case where someone was following the rules yet still getting charged........ Well here is one  of those........... And there are more.........This has to stop.......... Please help if you can..........

if the law found loose mj in his car I'd have to agree with an above post, concerning illegal transport. NO excuse to persecute the disabled of course, but it could possibly be an  act outside the scope of our Act committed by the defendant?

I was thinking more along the lines of OUI because of the wreck. You know they tested him after they found the cannabis. Illegal transport would be a farse.

Just to address a couple of things.  I'll put up the charge sheet as soon as I get it so folks can see the original source document.  As for the money, I started the fund, so it goes to me and I write a check to Mr. Hartman directly (both will be posted to make the accounting clear- 100% of the money will go to the legal costs less what gofundme charges to collect and maintain the fund, which is minimal).

The final point is that I find it ironic that those that recommend folks push the law and put themselves at risk over some pet theory are the first to suggest it is cheaper to just take the plea and pay the fine.  So much for wannabee activists.  Gary will do what is in his best interests and currently wants to fight this but lacks the legal fees.  He has an attorney willing to fight.  Will we back him?

There have been donations ranging from $5 to well over $1000.  Every bit helps, and if we donate according to our means it will get done.  I'm also looking for businesses and organizations willing to match donations.  Once the amount hits $1000, Denali Healthcare will match dollar for dollar.  Will any other companies or organizations join us?

Dr. Bob

Just to address a couple of things.  I'll put up the charge sheet as soon as I get it so folks can see the original source document.  As for the money, I started the fund, so it goes to me and I write a check to Mr. Hartman directly (both will be posted to make the accounting clear- 100% of the money will go to the legal costs less what gofundme charges to collect and maintain the fund, which is minimal).

The final point is that I find it ironic that those that recommend folks push the law and put themselves at risk over some pet theory are the first to suggest it is cheaper to just take the plea and pay the fine.  So much for wannabee activists.  Gary will do what is in his best interests and currently wants to fight this but lacks the legal fees.  He has an attorney willing to fight.  Will we back him?

There have been donations ranging from $5 to well over $1000.  Every bit helps, and if we donate according to our means it will get done.  I'm also looking for businesses and organizations willing to match donations.  Once the amount hits $1000, Denali Healthcare will match dollar for dollar.  Will any other companies or organizations join us?

Dr. Bob

A friend of mine got an OUI for a tail light out and a roach. It was in Clare County. Is this similar but with an accident?

You just posted in a thread about something else bringing leo to an mm pt, he got in a fender bender!

Now that dont mean I wouldnt donate to this gentlemanm but plain as day something else other than mj brough leo to this guy!

and yes I am sure there are many more that have had the same thing happen to them, ozz im not against weed, Ive been doing it all of my life! Im not even against people who get caught with weed while driving or disorderly, etc!

The point you are trying to get acrossed is any one who breaks the law and has weed and a card should not be arrested, I wish the same thing, but their are rules/laws we must follow for our law to work, leo is looking for anything to bust pot heads! Im one of them pot heads, ive been popped for weed while legal, and none of them times was it actualy only the weed that got me in the courts for a very short period, I fought them and I got out of it, with no attny's, and Im a high school drop out!

This man should not have any problems, unless there is more to the story, Im not liking the fact that they arrested him months after the accident for the mm!

This man should be able to get out of this with a court appt attny, plus it wouldnt hurt to have like komorn or able to help him thru his attny! from what I have read, I cant beleive he is even in court for a few grams that may have been on his floor boards for ever!

Ozz I like you, your a good guy, Im not against people who use mm or mj or weed, skunk,ect, Im one of them, I feel that me just screwing around in the begining of this law hurt the whole movement but guess what, all any one knows about it is I got out of it, and only because I told the story's in here, did you ever see me blame leo for me gettting popped while I was legal? No You havent, because unfortunatly I am familiar with the court system and if they thing they have an easy target in me they bettter think again! I will fight it! my way and no one elses way.

If I were this guy I would ask for a jury trial and rep myself, than when it gets close I would ask for a court appted attny, it gives you more time to do what you need to do to not go to trial! Been there done that!

But unfortunatly this poor guy also has cancer and im sure that is more than he and his family can handle at this time,

Now lets here the rest of the story!

Peace

First of all the transport law is not part of the MMMA.............. So no he was not breaking the law............. Second of all if leo comes to someone for something other than MMJ then they can feel free to deal with that situation but in this case they did not come to this person for MMJ................ Is every accident that involves a patient the patients fault and due to MMJ? The answer is no...........

If a cop comes to someones house because the tv is too loud and then proceeds to bust someone for their medical use then does that mean the patient had it coming because he caused the police to come there by having the tv too loud? I say the answer is still no........... And if you say well he didnt have it coming but it is his fault for drawing the police there then that is still wrong.

If someone thinks that getting busted for MMJ is ok or your fault when leo oversteps his bounds then you are just feeding them agreement when it is unwarranted. Remember when the Senate sat up and said that even the MMJ community is behind these bills? That is what you are doing giving them more ammo.

No Phaq I have never seen you blame anyone else for any trouble you have had or ask for help for that matter. I like you as well and know you are also a good guy and on our side. Not everyone has your attitude or street smarts so some need help especially when they are dying. I know you understand that.

Thanks again Dr. Bob.

First of all the transport law is not part of the MMMA.............. So no he was not breaking the law............. Second of all if leo comes to someone for something other than MMJ then they can feel free to deal with that situation but in this case they did not come to this person for MMJ................ Is every accident that involves a patient the patients fault and due to MMJ? The answer is no...........

If a cop comes to someones house because the tv is too loud and then proceeds to bust someone for their medical use then does that mean the patient had it coming because he caused the police to come there by having the tv too loud? I say the answer is still no........... And if you say well he didnt have it coming but it is his fault for drawing the police there then that is still wrong.

If someone thinks that getting busted for MMJ is ok or your fault when leo oversteps his bounds then you are just feeding them agreement when it is unwarranted. Remember when the Senate sat up and said that even the MMJ community is behind these bills? That is what you are doing giving them more ammo.

No Phaq I have never seen you blame anyone else for any trouble you have had or ask for help for that matter. I like you as well and know you are also a good guy and on our side. Not everyone has your attitude or street smarts so some need help especially when they are dying. I know you understand that.

Thanks again Dr. Bob.

Like Dr. Bob himself always advises, know the details FIRST. This time he decided to go against his own rules for his own personal reasons. Should we just follow him blindly? Or should we be asking pertinent questions that could possibly help the whole community? I choose the latter. You get on your soap box, to each his own.

Ozz because I consider you a friend on this site I am gonna just stop now, I said what I had to say, sorry I have to say this though, if the po po is called on you because your t.v or stereo is too loud and you let them in, Instead of just turning it down, well yea that is your fault, they have no biz in your house for something like that, they will knock on your door and tell you the complaint and you will say ok thank you and shut the door and turn down the noise, if not and you let them in it is on you! they will always find probable cause if you let them in your house or car!

Peace