Are Tobacco Vaporizers Good For Cannabis Oils?

you guys seem to have this down to a science.I don't know much about them but i recently got a pair of cheap rechargeable e-cigarettes and some e-cannabis oil.
I believe it is a 50-50 mix of PG and cannabis oil.It comes in indica,sativa,or hybrids of different strains.
This is by far the best way i have found to medicate.I usually vape flower but this is in many ways much better.I was told to keep the pen in a upright position to avoid leakage when not in use but have not had any problems with it and am very happy i got it. :)

GrowGoddess - I read much of your quite extensive blog posts on vaporizers and it was a bit daunting wading though all of the info. What would be your pick for the best budget oil vape - is it the $63 kit mentioned above (KISS cart $20/eGo C $20/adapter $4/charger $7/+shipping)?

Thanks!

Edited by zachw

GrowGoddess - I read much of your quite extensive blog posts on vaporizers and it was a bit daunting wading though all of the info. What would be your pick for the best budget oil vape - is it the $63 kit mentioned above (KISS cart $20/eGo C $20/adapter $4/charger $7/+shipping)?

Thanks!

I must apologize for the extent of the vaporizing blog. It began as a diary or journal of sorts so I could keep track of my experiences and also share as I was going along. While making many of the entries, well, I was pretty baked to say the least! LOL I probably consumed about 90 grams of premium oil while conducting many of the tests and experiments! LOL :D Hopefully one of these days I will get a chance to filter through the entries and put it together in a more understandable way.

Best budget vape: Keep in mind you said budget. The eGo C Twist 650mAh VV battery, of course the USB charger, is your all around best budget pen vape. It is probably your best choice to start out with. It is probably the cheapest vaporizer that has options and is capable of increasing the voltage (heat). I use them for e-ciggs constantly and they last pretty well. I have come across only one bad one. With the $4 adapter you can pretty much attach most devices to the vape, not all, but most. This is where personal preference and other things come in to play. Such as the quality of the oil, and how you intend to vape. For vaping the oil straight, I would have to say that the KISS cart has been the best I have tried. It would be 10 times nicer if you could just purchase a replacement coil when it does go bad instead of needing to purchase an entire cart. They do cut you a deal if you purchase 2. If you plan to convert your oil to e-cannabis (very easy to do), then I would highly recommend the AeroTank. I don't prefer a pen battery with the AeroTank, but I would still recommend starting off with the less expensive pen battery, especially when you are looking for a budget device. If you try the KISS cart and really like it, my favorite vaporizer for the KISS cart is the SmokTech Magneto mechanical vape.

So the answer is yes, that is what I would recommend for a budget vape if you plan to vape the oil straight.

Much of all this falls back to personal preference. Whether you would choose the KISS cart or the new titanium KISS cart. I have not decided fully which I like better, but I did find myself using the original KISS cart more often. It is also less expensive. The bowl in the KISS cart sits in nice and solid and it is made of a nice ceramic. My first KISS cart lasted through about 8 grams of nice RSO before the coil died.

There are links to all of the products on my vaporizing blog.

Edit: forgot to mention that with all of my pen vapes, I leave them all standing up when they have a clearomizer attached. I will either have them in a case with the case standing vertical, or simply put them in a cup to help them stay upright.

Edited by GrowGoddess

What do you think about starting with something like an Ego CE4 1100mAh kit (pen, battery, charger) for $10?

I don't recommend that. Here is why: The 1100mAh is probably not a variable voltage (VV) pen. That means the output is 3.7 volts period, no other options for a bit higher or a bit lower. As for the CE4, that is a single coil and I do not recommend any clearomizer with a single coil. I could see somebody preferring a CE4 for e-cigarettes. Me personally, I prefer a dual coil for my e-ciggs, like an iClear16, and it is rebuildable too. 

I would also be concerned that the $10 kit is authentic. Sometimes that can be very important. I suppose not too much in your case since it is somewhat outdated equipment. I really don't even recommend it for e-ciggs either. CE4's are of a reasonable quality and they do offer a different taste than a dual coil as well as a lighter hit. However, for e-cannabis (concentrate mixed with PG USP) would be required for that type of device. It will not vape the oil straight. With e-cannabis, you won't get a good hit with that battery and that clearomizer and you will get a lot of drippage because it is a single coil and a CE4 has a smaller air intake hole and that caused them to leak down to the battery much more quickly. 

Really these type of pen units, at least the ones I recommend, are easy to afford on a tight budget, but really, they are the most expensive out of all of the vapes I like to use. This is due to the fact that they are top fed and they have a lot of wicking. The more wicking means more waste. Especially if you get a dud coil! That is why I switched to bottom coil clearomizers, there is pretty much no wick and I don't have to wait in between hits because gravity works for me. Don't get me wrong, some of the top fed units can be great, especially when it comes to a pen and using clearomizers like the iClear16. Since you can get them tinted or colored and going with the shorter eGo C Twist 650mAh VV, it won't attract much undue attention since it is basically a standard e-cigg. That is what I use when I go out into public.

Actually, the most efficient vaporizer, and affordable to use weekly to annually, is not the cost of the vaporizer, but it is how well and efficient it vapes the oil. Considering how costly the oil can be whether it be by labor or cash. Looking at it under these conditions, you could save well over $1000 annually on consuming cannabis. It is really best to get the product that meets your needs when it comes to the type of concentrate you plan to vape. In my opinion, the absolute best that is currently available is the SVD with the KangerTech Aerotank.

You have another option vs. the KISS on vaping the oil straight that is more affordable, I don't think it is as good as the KISS. That would be Essential Mini attachment. http://shop.essentialoiler.ca/Essential-Oiler-Element-Cartridge-Mini-ES0004.htm This device will probably work with your $10 kit that you mentioned, but I would still recommend the eGo C Twist VV 650mAh battery.

Are you looking to vape straight oil, shatter, and/or wax or are you looking to vape e-cannabis oil? 

Yes, in this case, PG oil ("cliquid"). Not wax, rso, or anything thick or gummy which I know requires a different setup.

Actually I just ordered a Ego C4 kit for the hell of it. Only $10. I don't mind the small expenditure for the kit & the oil (which was also cheap) just to get my feet wet. 

(As I read your blog, I did find myself wondering how much you've spent on all of the vapes & parts!)

z

Yes, in this case, PG oil ("cliquid"). Not wax, rso, or anything thick or gummy which I know requires a different setup.

Actually I just ordered a Ego C4 kit for the hell of it. Only $10. I don't mind the small expenditure for the kit & the oil (which was also cheap) just to get my feet wet. 

(As I read your blog, I did find myself wondering how much you've spent on all of the vapes & parts!)

z

If you decide you like it and choose to upgrade, the charger that comes in your kit should work fine with most any eGo batteries including the VV ones.

cliquid? do you mean concentrate mixed with PG USP? or is that mixed with PEG, which I do not recommend.

How much have I spent on my experiments and equipment? probably over $1,000 all together. I don't even know how I would value the oil that was used. I suppose about 1.5 pounds of my best buds converted into oil. Some was converted with very expensive alcohol too!

Since the COA ruling making concentrates illegal or grey area or whatever, I decided to use the oil I had to experiment with vaporizers. I was planning on using the oil to help another cancer patient, but the law, the COA ruling, made me fell uncomfortable to do so.

No Polyethylene Glycol.  Another thread from today discussed cliquid (very serendipitous as I had just purchased it.) The CLiquid label says "50% purified cannabis oil. Also contains USP Propylene Glycol, Organic Ethanol". Yeah, the organic part is silly. And I think that the ethanol mostly refers to the extraction method, but no one seems to know for sure. 

Anywho, it is designed for e-cigs.

The main downside with the product, as I see it, is that one has no clue as to the THC/CBD/etc breakdown and so one can't easily determine what conditions it is best suited for. 

z

That e liquid you bought, Zach, is basically the same thing GG makes.

50/50 cannabis oil and PG. I believe the organic ethanol listing is from a minute amount of solvent left behind after winterizing. They probably mention it for disclosure and marketing purposes.

I was told everything is THC dominant unless otherwise noted on the label.

hot diggity dog----let's do whatever we want--the law can evaporate in a ceramic heater just as tho we don't have laws.

the coa is not part of mi (where we do whatever the h we wish and the law be dammned?) 

fellas what is it with putting all this effort and research into contraband, illegal, forbidden rigs for the purpose of scofffing the court?

we're just a buch of lawless outlaws on this board?  seems so from the oil threads, this one and many others.

all this effort, detailed info, research advice, and ingenuity belongs in an effort to change, to write oil legal----and not just trespass----mi law.

bet this falls on deaf---oil boomed---ears, and gets me a hearty  f. u. ?

i want to see this energy directed in a positive legislative effort-----we are our own black marks. 

Thank you for expressing legal concerns

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(3cql3evbvgwnoe453a5j422z))/mileg.aspx?page=GetObject&objectname=mcl-333-26428

MICHIGAN MEDICAL MARIHUANA ACT (EXCERPT)
Initiated Law 1 of 2008

8. Affirmative Defense and Dismissal for Medical Marihuana.

Sec. 8. (a) Except as provided in section 7(b), a patient and a patient's primary caregiver, if any, may assert the medical purpose for using marihuana as a defense to any prosecution involving marihuana, and this defense shall be presumed valid where the evidence shows that:

(1) A physician has stated that, in the physician's professional opinion, after having completed a full assessment of the patient's medical history and current medical condition made in the course of a bona fide physician-patient relationship, the patient is likely to receive therapeutic or palliative benefit from the medical use of marihuana to treat or alleviate the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms of the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition;

(2) The patient and the patient's primary caregiver, if any, were collectively in possession of a quantity of marihuana that was not more than was reasonably necessary to ensure the uninterrupted availability of marihuana for the purpose of treating or alleviating the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms of the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition; and

(3) The patient and the patient's primary caregiver, if any, were engaged in the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana or paraphernalia relating to the use of marihuana to treat or alleviate the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms of the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition.

(b) A person may assert the medical purpose for using marihuana in a motion to dismiss, and the charges shall be dismissed following an evidentiary hearing where the person shows the elements listed in subsection (a).

© If a patient or a patient's primary caregiver demonstrates the patient's medical purpose for using marihuana pursuant to this section, the patient and the patient's primary caregiver shall not be subject to the following for the patient's medical use of marihuana:

(1) disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau; or

(2) forfeiture of any interest in or right to property.

Edited by cantibliss

but the coa did speak and we hate what they said and so we disrespect the court---and ourselves.  3 year olds doing what we want.

proper response?  citizens united in protest and legislative action to get the right laws put in place.  all it takes is us being adult law-abiding citizens who participate in our own democracy.  less is to give ourselves the finger.

I dab, and follow the law. imagine that

dabs are good momma, and I like dabs!

I dabbed before it was called dabs. I wont stop dabbing till they take my dabber from my cold dead hands.

new day?  lousy lawless day!  we pretend to be a community of laws; the truth is we are scoff-laws, and f the coa: we disagree with the court so we do as we please.  wax, dabs oil concentrates as if the coa never spoke.

hot diggity dog----let's do whatever we want--the law can evaporate in a ceramic heater just as tho we don't have laws.

the coa is not part of mi (where we do whatever the h we wish and the law be dammned?) 

fellas what is it with putting all this effort and research into contraband, illegal, forbidden rigs for the purpose of scofffing the court?

we're just a buch of lawless outlaws on this board?  seems so from the oil threads, this one and many others.

all this effort, detailed info, research advice, and ingenuity belongs in an effort to change, to write oil legal----and not just trespass----mi law.

bet this falls on deaf---oil boomed---ears, and gets me a hearty  f. u. ?

i want to see this energy directed in a positive legislative effort-----we are our own black marks. 

I must say that is very offensive to me.

Your statement seems to be based upon your personal needs and opinion. Not to mention I haven't seen any effort from you whatsoever towards making concentrates legal. Please don't take offense to this, but I have given up on politics. When I see a judge sentence a teacher for only three months when he continuously sexually abused his own 3 year old child, and they and you are worried about what I do in my own home to my own body?

Really, this whole thing is treason.

Read the constitution over really well, then you will see that the only thing going on by our leaders is nothing but treason.

One example: The highest level of treason is taking orders from another governing body besides our own. That is going on daily by our government. Why would I want to put any effort into their court system? I am not even allowed the freedom of speech and I am not allowed to speak the whole truth and nothing but the truth. The only thing on the inside of the courtroom that they honor is the rules in bankruptcy where you must pay your medical bills.

I do not see any purpose in changing any more laws. Why bother? Ask Jay Bud. He is getting railroaded, looking at 15 to life for a legal grow in Cass County MI.

For starters it is illegal for the government to tell us what we can and cannot do in our own homes, considering there are no sales.

Now let's get to why that is offensive. I have done everything I can do to help change things, including the law. The best way to change laws is to get support. How do you plan on getting support if people are not aware? By government funded falsified lab results?

Can you tell me what you have invested into legalizing concentrates? When I look at the law, they are perfectly legal. (preparation thereof). Going by the COA ruling, you are breaking the law too. Do you smoke buds? That can be considered a form of extraction. Actually, it is an advanced extraction using only heat. Even more advanced is a bud vaporizer. That is more advanced than any other method that I am aware of since there are no solvents used at all, a heat extraction. So, I guess you just eat your marijuana raw? The law is useless, every county in Michigan interprets it differently.

Vaporizing? Who do you think you are advising us to not vaporize? That is called a healthy and medicinal use of the marijuana. That is why I have been encouraging people to vaporize. Actually, my patients doctors even recommend vaporizing over smoking. What would our options be then? Go against the doctors recommendation or follow the law and provide my patients with a prehistoric method of using marijuana that is no good for our health or the economy?

There are two sides to every coin. I like to be on the third side, the rim of the coin.

As for purchasing oil from out of state: I guess I would have to agree with you.

I think discussing oil and safe ways to make and use them is making a positive effort.

Sorry for the rant, but I have helped two people kick cancer with my oil. The only criminals are the ones imagining that resin from the plant is illegal.

I have not read anything in the law that says oil from the plant is not legal or extracting it (preparation thereof).

If laws are so important to you, then you should just forget about the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act and just follow the Federal laws about marijuana. Either way, if you are growing or consuming cannabis, you are breaking some law.

No Polyethylene Glycol.  Another thread from today discussed cliquid (very serendipitous as I had just purchased it.) The CLiquid label says "50% purified cannabis oil. Also contains USP Propylene Glycol, Organic Ethanol". Yeah, the organic part is silly. And I think that the ethanol mostly refers to the extraction method, but no one seems to know for sure. 

Anywho, it is designed for e-cigs.

The main downside with the product, as I see it, is that one has no clue as to the THC/CBD/etc breakdown and so one can't easily determine what conditions it is best suited for. 

z

Well, you could not pay me to take that product, sorry.

Two big reasons: The biggest reason is I believe that is coming from out of state. I sure as heck would not sign for anything when it is delivered. I would refuse the package if asked to sign. Michigan MMA does not protect you in any way shape or form when ordering THC products from another state. That can be considered a serious federal offense. I have heard of people going to prison 5 years to life for such an act.

Second reason: Their product sounds like cocomamy bs, I admit I could be ignorant to it, but that is what is sounds like to me, here is why: it supposedly a supercritical CO2 extraction, what is the purpose of the ethanol? It should not be for winterizing, not going by the CO2 extractions I have seen. Propylene Glycol and Polyethylene Glycol (PEG)? That is starting to get a little ridiculous. I cannot say that I have tried it. If you get lucky and get the product, without getting busted, please, let us know your thoughts of it. My guess is that it is very low grade or simply fake.

Make the oil yourself. It is easy to do. Especially something like QWISO. Making QWISO is just as easy as making macaroni and cheese. It just take time for it to air dry is all. One day and you can have some premium QWISO as long as you have the buds available.

I must say that is very offensive to me.

Vaporizing? Who do you think you are advising us to not vaporize? That is called a healthy and medicinal use of the marijuana. That is why I have been encouraging people to vaporize. Actually, my patients doctors even recommend vaporizing over smoking. What would our options be then? Go against the doctors recommendation or follow the law and provide my patients with a prehistoric method of using marijuana that is no good for our health or the economy?

There are two sides to every coin. I like to be on the third side, the rim of the coin.

Good point Goddess!

I was going to write the same thing, but i didn't want to waste my time.

FYI: I am going to follow my doctors recommendations not some nazi political madness.

Kaneh Bosem has been used for medicine and religion for thousands of years.

GrowGoddess, please focus on my topic, and shed some of your enlightenment on the following question:

Can i use straight oil or do i need to mix it with the PG additive or something else?

This is what i purchased from a vaporizer store:

Vision Spinner 1300 Silver - variable volts

Kanger T3D - dual coil

Edited by cantibliss

Sorry for the interruption, but can i have my topic back please?

Please answer my last question:

Can i use straight oil or do i need to mix it with the PG additive or something else?

This is what i purchased from a vaporizer store:

Vision Spinner 1300 Silver - variable volts

Kanger T3D - dual coil

I have already answered this question previously, but I don't think I quoted you.

The KangerTech T3D is an e-cigarette product, which I prefer vs. other mmj bs vaporizers. You will have to make your concentrate into e-cannabis to use that unit. If I have my concentrate sitting here, a small metal cup, a syringe (no needle), some propylene glycol USP (PG USP), and a coffee mug warmer, I can convert my concentrate into e-cannabis in about 1 to 3 minutes. I recommend keeping it in the concentrate form and only convert to e-cannabis for only weekly use.

I have never tried the T3D, it looks worthy to try though.

The spinner looks just like the eGo C Twist VV battery. Seems that they just have a different brand name on it. eGo C Twist VV batteries go from about $20 - $25 depending on the size and where you purchase them. You can get the same thing cheaper, but they will probably not be originals.

With the battery, you can also vape the oil straight with a KISS cart or an Essential (I left a link to the Essential on another post on this thread).

You are good to go, you choose, e-cannabis or vape it straight. To vape it straight with a KISS cart you will need a 510 to 601 adapter, you can get them for $3.99 at High Desert Vapes. I have links to those and much on my blog. http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/blog/532/entry-1026-my-experience-with-portable-vaporizers-pen-vaporizers-for-concentrated-cannabis-oil-and-e-cigarette-oil/#commentsStart

Hope this helps answer your question.

Edit: I forgot to mention that if the T3D leaks and drips a lot down to the battery like the ProTank3 does, I would recommend to try the KangerTech AeroTank. It is a dual coil bottom fed unit with fully adjustable air intake. I have been using mine for a while now with no problems. Best I have used so far for e-cannabis.

Edited by GrowGoddess