How Bad Is Marijuana For Your Health?

USA -- The Journal of Neuroscience recently published a study linking recreational marijuana use to subtle changes in brain structure. The researchers, led by Jodi Gilman of Massachusetts General Hospital, identified increased gray matter density in the left nucleus accumbens and some bordering areas. The study was fine, but the media coverage was abysmal. Reporters overstated the findings, mischaracterized the study, and failed to mention previous research done on pot smoking and health. Goldfish may not have a three-second memory, but some journalists seem to. When a new paper comes out, it’s often treated as the first ever and final word on the topic. There is a significant body of literature on the neurological and wider health effects of marijuana, and to ignore it when covering new studies seems to me a form of journalistic malpractice.

Read More...

I stopped getting colds when I stopped smoking cigarettes. I smoked rolled joints also, but didn't quit that. In fact I (secretly admit) probably increased my usage for the habit replacement.

That was 18 years ago. Last year I stopped using cannabis for two weeks, and was rewarded quickly with a bad flu, thought I'd die. I'll never go without my medicine again!  Mind body and spirit health is supported with my medical marijuana .