Connecting Dots- Marijuana And Disease

Research has suggested “all disease is related to lack of cannabinoids.

Marijuana has been illegal and prohibited for the past 80 years and coincidently most of these illnesses have increased in incidence during the same time period. I wonder if the increase in so many of these diseases is because of the prohibition of cannabis.

The human body has abundant cannabinoid receptors for a reason and I wonder if depriving the body of cannabis actually contributes to the development of diseases.

Moreover, researchers have discovered many conditions are treated and/or resolved with the use of marijuana including

PTSD

Cancer

Glaucoma

Epilepsy

Lou Gehrig’s disease

HIV-AIDS and

certain spinal cord injuries

Chronic muscle inflammation accompanied by muscle weakness

Severe osteoarthritis

Rheumatoid arthritis

Reactive arthritis

Post-polio syndrome

Parkinson’s disease

Crones disease

Alzheimer’s

Severe chronic pain

Inclusion body myositis, a chronic muscle inflammation accompanied by muscle weakness
severe osteoarthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis
Reactive arthritis
Post-polio syndrome
Parkinson's disease
Alzheimer's disease
severe chronic pain

Acute Gastritis

http://www.cannabisculture.com/content/more-diseases-could-be-treated-medical-marijuana

There are more that could be added here.

Cancer was actually rare at the turn of the century around 1900 when cannabis was a common ingredient in food and medicine. Now it is common.

Today we are learning that cannabinoids are produced in the animal (human) body and that there is an entire system of molecules and receptors that are present in nearly every organ in the body. 

Consider that modern medicine has solved many mysteries yet some stubbornly remain.  Also consider that most governments outlawed cannabis research at the same time that they were conducting these decades of medical research on diseases.  Yes, connecting the dots

I appreciate your sentiment, but much of the increase in disease over the past eighty years is due to longer life expectancy, from 57.7 years in 1930 to 78.7 years in 2011. There are many more who live long enough to contract those diseases.  That those extra years are better with cannabis is unarguable.

Edited by GregS

I appreciate your sentiment, but much of the increase in disease over the past eighty years is due to longer life expectancy, from 57.7 years in 1930 to 78.7 years in 2011. There are many more who live long enough to contract those diseases.  That those extra years are better with cannabis is unarguable.

It is true, GregS, we live longer so there is that much more opportunity to contract diseases. A doctor friend once told me “Everyone will get cancer if you live long enough”. I suppose that was perhaps an exaggeration, maybe not.

But, sanitation improvements are responsible for the largest decrease in death at all ages. That is, improving access to clean drinking water will reduce death rates at all age brackets radically, since it significantly reduces contagious disease transmission.

In the developing world clean drinking water and improved sanitation account for virtually all of the increase in life expectancy.

Cannabis is probably the most important plant on Earth because of its healing, nutrition and industrial properties. It is easy to grow just about anywhere in the world. Its many uses provide many of the products that are currently dominated by the fossil fuel industry cleanly and cheaply. Not surprisingly, it became illegal about the same time the industrial revolution industry kicked in.

If Cannabis was not prohibited and free energy was available as proposed by Telsa at the turn of the century (1900) it would have eliminated poverty and deprivation worldwide. But, alas, the Morgan and Hearst along with other monies ruled the day and we have what we have.

It is true, GregS, we live longer so there is that much more opportunity to contract diseases. A doctor friend once told me “Everyone will get cancer if you live long enough”. I suppose that was perhaps an exaggeration, maybe not.

But, sanitation improvements are responsible for the largest decrease in death at all ages. That is, improving access to clean drinking water will reduce death rates at all age brackets radically, since it significantly reduces contagious disease transmission.

In the developing world clean drinking water and improved sanitation account for virtually all of the increase in life expectancy.

Cannabis is probably the most important plant on Earth because of its healing, nutrition and industrial properties. It is easy to grow just about anywhere in the world. Its many uses provide many of the products that are currently dominated by the fossil fuel industry cleanly and cheaply. Not surprisingly, it became illegal about the same time the industrial revolution industry kicked in.

If Cannabis was not prohibited and free energy was available as proposed by Telsa at the turn of the century (1900) it would have eliminated poverty and deprivation worldwide. But, alas, the Morgan and Hearst along with other monies ruled the day and we have what we have.

I understand completely. Cannabis is an essential ingredient to the good life for we who have suffered certain of life's indignities.