Confused About Dispensaries

They are also on the Macomb County side of the road.

Who is the dispensary I am talking about ..?  off Dequindre..?  Clearly they are yes south of 8 mile is the D.  North of * Mile is Macomb.  IS Saint Clair Shores Macomb or Saint clair county..?  Have nopt heard to much about Saint Clair COunty excpe ta few busts up north a bit.  Didn't Big Daddy have a spot up in North Macomb..?  Or was that North Oakland county..?

What ever happened to Big Daddy..?  Is he still around ? Heard a rumor he was in jail for something getting shipped here..not sure you know how people talk.  But these days nothing suprises me anymore..

Edited by motorcitymeds

there's a big daddy grow store/dispensary/club in Sandusky, but they are no longer affiliated with the main daddy since it no longer exists they say.

there's a new "club" that supplies in Kimbal now, near port huron. they replaced the blue water compassion club group there, but never skipped a beat.

They advertise their supply capability freely in local papers. The blue water compassion club still exists in Lexington, and of course that club supplies all of its members daily. 

Motorcity meds: I do agree that you can't rely exclusively on weedmaps, but other than word of mouth it is a good place to start. Then just stick with a place you like, including the staff there.

I'm paying half of what you quoted for a very large variety of high quality meds. Far from "poop".

z

Edited by zachw

Many dispensarys have good meds, some dont. Just look at the buds, a keen eye can alert you to packed and shiped meds. Many businesses in colorodO have died out thinking they could produce vast quantitys of low quality bud and be succesful, hence the 2k lb or less wholesale price for indoor you might have seen. But the consumers are wising up, those business models are tanking. No one is buying that crap.

Motorcity meds: I do agree that you can't rely exclusively on weedmaps, but other than word of mouth it is a good place to start. Then just stick with a place you like, including the staff there.

I'm paying half of what you quoted for a very large variety of high quality meds. Far from "poop".

z

Zach,

Not sure what your talking about...in regards to "a very large variety".  I have NEVER given any patient/CG over 2.5.  EVER.  well unless you count trimm that I have given away to people for FREE as long as they make me some killer medibles in return for my own personal stash.  I do not even have time to mess with medibles.  I throw away probably a few pounds a month of what I consider garbage but I conceed that I am foolish not to capture this trimm and leafy material.  But I simply am  way to busy to play the part of amatuer hack cook.  I cannot cook...and do not have time to make canna butter n what not.  And NO I do not toss it to the curb..I have a location that accepts my garbage bags of material that falls to the floor during trimming.

If your talking about my price per Zip....not much to say except there are economies for all parts of society.  i do not or ever will price my meds for guys to re-sell them or for anyone to break down and make the same as me.  No reseller should make more than the grower who put the time into it.  Some may disagree with this but oh well.  They can under cut themselves and sell for 175-225 a zip and most do not have longevity built into their models.  Thus why you see ads all over the place with CG's trying to "pay a DTE or Consumers bill for a donation.  Lots lie to gain sympathy and play poor me type. 

If your good your goos and people respect and appreciate all the hard work and passion you put into your product.  That is about I have to add if your talking about my prices for meds.

If your speaking about something else by all means explain.  Because I kind am lost regarding your comment. .  ..

Edited by motorcitymeds

1) Large variety means a lot of different strains & products. Not quantity.

2) As for price, you mentioned a price per gram "for poop". I currently patronize a place that provides high quality for less than half that.

My main issue regarding using a single caregiver is not one that most people have. I had an excellent CG a while back that had numerous strains, including tinctures, baked goodies, etc. Really a high class operation. I paid a very fair price and never asked for free meds. But a CG also needs a decent return on the time & money they are investing and I didn't (still don't) consume enough to make it worthwhile in using up one of the six patient spots. So I volunteered to give up my spot for someone who needed it more.

A secondary concern was that I was really interested in high CBD and few CGs at the time grew this (not a lot of demand.) It's still more likely that a high CBD product will be available at a dispensary than from most CGs. The caveat, of course, is that it takes some trust unless one can see an official testing report. I went to one dispensary where the bud was labeled with the THC/CBD breakdown, and everything was in the range of 22-24% THC (except for "top shelf" which probably had higher numbers). Which is total BS.

z

"Because I kind am lost regarding your comment."

lmao, he is talking about gram prices you said dispenses charge, I dont think you mentioned your price in this thread, some things are best left unsaid unless it is between you and who you do biz with!

as far as not wanting any one to be able to make money off of your work, I can see that,  as a rule and before the law, people under the growers, importers, made 25% If you have no one to purchase from you at a high cost, than you had to count on others, so as it made it down the line every one made 25%, If you purchased an lb you should make a 1/4 lb for your self/profit, If you couldnt do that it wasnt worth being in that biz, I understand It realy cant be that way now if you are growing there are no middle men/women, it goes from grower to user, So I would have to say yes the grower shouldnt be undersold in todays world!  and if we ever have a dispense system that can purchase from pt growers and or c.g's you can prob charge a lil more, because some/most do realy bump that price up like 200%!  Example I was getting some awsome meds from my c.g for free (8 bucks a gram) when dispsense were running up here they were selling the very same product from the very same person as me for 38 a gram!

so one day if,,yea if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle, if supply centers open and c.g's and pt growers can off their overages to them, you will have to let them make more than you, wont you? (of course only if you will sell to them)

Peace

They have more dollars then sense is the short answer!  they are ilegal, there are bills stuck in the senate that could make dispensarys legal, but I beleive they are just trying to bury it for as long as they can, by the time MI catches up to the norm. we will be so far behind other states it wont even be funny!

My advise is to get a c.g and dont make a dispense your c.g It is ilegal! either grow your own or get a good c.g, if you are only a pt you can get it from any where, I wouldnt want to give a dispense my info, becuase if/when they get popped I dont want my name in their registry!

best of luck and welcome to the site!

Peace

you as a pat. can buy from anyone, the liability is on the seller

"Because I kind am lost regarding your comment."

lmao, he is talking about gram prices you said dispenses charge, I dont think you mentioned your price in this thread, some things are best left unsaid unless it is between you and who you do biz with!

as far as not wanting any one to be able to make money off of your work, I can see that,  as a rule and before the law, people under the growers, importers, made 25% If you have no one to purchase from you at a high cost, than you had to count on others, so as it made it down the line every one made 25%, If you purchased an lb you should make a 1/4 lb for your self/profit, If you couldnt do that it wasnt worth being in that biz, I understand It realy cant be that way now if you are growing there are no middle men/women, it goes from grower to user, So I would have to say yes the grower shouldnt be undersold in todays world!  and if we ever have a dispense system that can purchase from pt growers and or c.g's you can prob charge a lil more, because some/most do realy bump that price up like 200%!  Example I was getting some awsome meds from my c.g for free (8 bucks a gram) when dispsense were running up here they were selling the very same product from the very same person as me for 38 a gram!

so one day if,,yea if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle, if supply centers open and c.g's and pt growers can off their overages to them, you will have to let them make more than you, wont you? (of course only if you will sell to them)

Peace

Phaq I have to agree with most of what you said.  Something must be wrong here we are agreeing.  ??  LOL...

i do not allow some greedy pigs to make more money by sitting around selling it than I am "renumerated"  for procuring the end product.  My product does not need to be discounted or sold in bulk to spots like dispensaries.  I am very Thankful to have started off with the correct mindset from the begining.  I hate to see CG's work for months and slave and stress out over crops only to get 175 a zip....shiiiyat.   I would go back to my desk job if that was the case.. Numbers do not work out with those numbers unless your selling to re-sellers or your crankin out pound after pound.

i wish Iwas crankin out pounder plants...but organics is definitely geared towards quality and high end product versus guys with pipe dreams of striking "green gold" in 6 months time and retiring.  That is ignorant people who think like that.  Yes could you go balls to the wall and do an illegal  warehouse grow and get somewhere around a million dollars in a cycle.  YES indeed that could be done.  However I do not even know how to move a pound to 1 person now.  So how the fux could I move 1 million dollars worth of bud..  ..??  LOL...that requires syndication and that my friends is what bring in tactical units and gang squads who target shiiyat like massive high end warehouse high tech grows. 

I am good about on all that.  NO THANKS...!!  The balls on guys like that who go that hard in the paint. . . . LOL.  I value being able to go out in public, go to eat in a restaurant, or go to the mall.  Or go watch a Movie. No thanks...I like my freedom way to much to go big like that.  Personally I think more long term.. If it takes me a little bit longer to get to a party.....so be it.  Sometimes it pays to go slow n steady. 

Phaq I have to agree with most of what you said.  Something must be wrong here we are agreeing.  ??  LOL...

i do not allow some greedy pigs to make more money by sitting around selling it than I am "renumerated"  for procuring the end product.  My product does not need to be discounted or sold in bulk to spots like dispensaries.  I am very Thankful to have started off with the correct mindset from the begining.  I hate to see CG's work for months and slave and stress out over crops only to get 175 a zip....shiiiyat.   I would go back to my desk job if that was the case.. Numbers do not work out with those numbers unless your selling to re-sellers or your crankin out pound after pound.

i wish Iwas crankin out pounder plants...but organics is definitely geared towards quality and high end product versus guys with pipe dreams of striking "green gold" in 6 months time and retiring.  That is ignorant people who think like that.  Yes could you go balls to the wall and do an illegal  warehouse grow and get somewhere around a million dollars in a cycle.  YES indeed that could be done.  However I do not even know how to move a pound to 1 person now.  So how the fux could I move 1 million dollars worth of bud..  ..??  LOL...that requires syndication and that my friends is what bring in tactical units and gang squads who target shiiyat like massive high end warehouse high tech grows. 

I am good about on all that.  NO THANKS...!!  The balls on guys like that who go that hard in the paint. . . . LOL.  I value being able to go out in public, go to eat in a restaurant, or go to the mall.  Or go watch a Movie. No thanks...I like my freedom way to much to go big like that.  Personally I think more long term.. If it takes me a little bit longer to get to a party.....so be it.  Sometimes it pays to go slow n steady. 

Not every one agree's on everything all of the time, I have had some time to think, and it is obvious to me you have also!

I love my freedom and wouldnt sell it for no amount!  Im happy being this lil pt/c.g with under 12 plants and loving life!

I also understand alot of these young guys thinking of moving to CO or some where they can make a living doing what they love to do, we all have to make a living!  alot of people had $$ in their eyes when this law was passed, it's setteling down a bit and the amount of quality meds is so awsome, it is a good time to be alive!

Peace

Not every one agree's on everything all of the time, I have had some time to think, and it is obvious to me you have also!

I love my freedom and wouldnt sell it for no amount!  Im happy being this lil pt/c.g with under 12 plants and loving life!

I also understand alot of these young guys thinking of moving to CO or some where they can make a living doing what they love to do, we all have to make a living!  alot of people had $$ in their eyes when this law was passed, it's setteling down a bit and the amount of quality meds is so awsome, it is a good time to be alive!

Peace

it is a good time to be alive!

Peace

Thank you Jim

i do agree a lot of people had money on their minds and some didn't know others would do anything to be on the Top even some Lawyers knew if shops

started to open up they all need Lawyers to keep the doors open and also some Doctors started to fine out  about Cash money or Free money that even

their Wife's wouldn't find out how much $$

Ok friend, I wasn't going to say anything, until I saw it again.

I just don't think it's fair for you to(often) imply that cg's receiving 175 or the like for their ounce "must be slinging pounds" or are producing subpar meds. This is just not true man.

I hope this helps. can you dig it?

I don't hang with other people and use cannabis. I don't go to parties where others are using cannabis. I don't gift mj to friends and family. Most people I know don't know that I am an indoor gardener. NObody ever gets to "sample" my awesome products, except after they have registered me as a cg. I wont ever accept anothers reference to sign a person. ( I specifically count on my own brand of interview, and don't want to hurt any feelings. ) I don't go to clubs or dispensaries, or hash bashes or medical get togethers.   Fortunately for me not many people know how very good and cheap my product is for instance, so "word does not get around"

I did go to a dispensary in 09 with sales on my mind. I was offered $325 each for all of what I brought. I asked a few questions, they rolled up some samples and lit them up at the desk. they loved them, and knew I was all about quality. I did not sell to them, simply because they needed to copy my papers. they bummed out, and someone came out to the lot and offered me the same, I declined, and was scared.

I pass on 99% of interviewees under the age of 40, and 95% of those under 50. I am very very discerning, with specific personality types, age groups, attitudes, marital status, rx use, and even more pricky stuff, why? because its MY registry and I am able to own it, and build it the way I want, and am very successful at it too.

I know I could get one off sales here and there with the face tat crowds, and even get a patient paying me 300 a zip every month...until " I got popped man -I got kicked out of my place man-me and my ole lady split- my insurance was due this week, sorry, cant see you this month- what was your name again- hey, you got any oxy's-" (you get the pic surely)  I have been there in the beginning, and know first hand reading the webby nightmare stories of irresponsible patients, their activities, and their direct relationship to their caregivers safety.

My demographic is on a fixed income, disabled, retired, snow birds, etc. They are all heavy users, and they don't sell to others. They request a monthly menu, place their request within one day, and always arrive on time. They never come drunk, or with drama. They are always respectful, and often tip me with gifts. they wholly appreciate what I do, and they also know and admit that these prices are crazy low. Guess what that gets me.......a whole group of people that cycle in and out of my registry yearly, many remain since 2008 with me, and I'm grateful. Twice the quality, at half the price is what I hear often. So what? I'm retired, we both know the cost of the production, and this is not my source of income. If it was, I bet I'd be regretting the tat faced 20 somethings again, not sure.

So you see, other motivations may exist in our community. Please  don't judge my cheap prices or great quality.  I have no judgment at all against someone making a living at this, and even know I could, but its not worth the work to me. Offsetting my garden costs is my motive. Your family vacations where I live....there's a reason I live out here. smooth, peaceful, non eventful, private, wet, and those bikini's all day at the beaches here cant be beat....well.....maybe, but not by an old cat like me.

peace out man, I'll see you at the Thumbfest I hope....I'll be this :hair:  guy

looking out for you :bling:  :bighug:  

believe it or not, it is in line with the  "pay it forward"  in the hippie kindred. maybe i'm just old fashioned. I aint even old enough to be hippe....but these patients are cool people jus like the ones of yesteryear, the ones that made you believe that all cannabis users were cool. It aint so anymore, but shine the light that draws them near...karma does the rest.

Peace

I concur SIR PHAQU

Ok friend, I wasn't going to say anything, until I saw it again.

I just don't think it's fair for you to(often) imply that cg's receiving 175 or the like for their ounce "must be slinging pounds" or are producing subpar meds. This is just not true man.

I hope this helps. can you dig it?

I don't hang with other people and use cannabis. I don't go to parties where others are using cannabis. I don't gift mj to friends and family. Most people I know don't know that I am an indoor gardener. NObody ever gets to "sample" my awesome products, except after they have registered me as a cg. I wont ever accept anothers reference to sign a person. ( I specifically count on my own brand of interview, and don't want to hurt any feelings. ) I don't go to clubs or dispensaries, or hash bashes or medical get togethers.   Fortunately for me not many people know how very good and cheap my product is for instance, so "word does not get around"

I did go to a dispensary in 09 with sales on my mind. I was offered $325 each for all of what I brought. I asked a few questions, they rolled up some samples and lit them up at the desk. they loved them, and knew I was all about quality. I did not sell to them, simply because they needed to copy my papers. they bummed out, and someone came out to the lot and offered me the same, I declined, and was scared.

I pass on 99% of interviewees under the age of 40, and 95% of those under 50. I am very very discerning, with specific personality types, age groups, attitudes, marital status, rx use, and even more pricky stuff, why? because its MY registry and I am able to own it, and build it the way I want, and am very successful at it too.

I know I could get one off sales here and there with the face tat crowds, and even get a patient paying me 300 a zip every month...until " I got popped man -I got kicked out of my place man-me and my ole lady split- my insurance was due this week, sorry, cant see you this month- what was your name again- hey, you got any oxy's-" (you get the pic surely)  I have been there in the beginning, and know first hand reading the webby nightmare stories of irresponsible patients, their activities, and their direct relationship to their caregivers safety.

My demographic is on a fixed income, disabled, retired, snow birds, etc. They are all heavy users, and they don't sell to others. They request a monthly menu, place their request within one day, and always arrive on time. They never come drunk, or with drama. They are always respectful, and often tip me with gifts. they wholly appreciate what I do, and they also know and admit that these prices are crazy low. Guess what that gets me.......a whole group of people that cycle in and out of my registry yearly, many remain since 2008 with me, and I'm grateful. Twice the quality, at half the price is what I hear often. So what? I'm retired, we both know the cost of the production, and this is not my source of income. If it was, I bet I'd be regretting the tat faced 20 somethings again, not sure.

So you see, other motivations may exist in our community. Please  don't judge my cheap prices or great quality.  I have no judgment at all against someone making a living at this, and even know I could, but its not worth the work to me. Offsetting my garden costs is my motive. Your family vacations where I live....there's a reason I live out here. smooth, peaceful, non eventful, private, wet, and those bikini's all day at the beaches here cant be beat....well.....maybe, but not by an old cat like me.

peace out man, I'll see you at the Thumbfest I hope....I'll be this :hair:  guy

looking out for you :bling:  :bighug:  

Different stroke for diff folks my dude.  I think I have explained this a few dozen times.  There is and always be economies that plug into all facets of society.  I have nothing more to add....I could barely keep my eyes open with that book you just typed ....LOL.

If your happy getting 175 and doing all that work for your "hippies" or whatever age bracket you fall into ...well KUDOS to you my friend.  I have not seen your work...or smoked it so don't wanna judge or even get into any ONLINE semantic tuff guy beefs.  Way , way.....waaay to busy to even engage in debate over peoples opinions. 

It is what it is.

If your happy ....keep grindin and do your thing man.  I have NO hate for you.  But I do feel bad for people not getting rewarded for all the work they put into this HIGH RISK biz.

STAY LIFTED<<<...!!