Outdoor Iranian Auto Flower Greenthumbs

pic book

IAF 30 day update--no more updates after this 'til camera-woman is back so i can show pics.

(i have taken pics.  she's not been around to post pics).

total seeds received over 2 orders, 20 days apart 34  100%       (3 packages containing 11,11,12)

total seeds germinated, 25/34                                25   73.5%

number of seeds germinated that thrived, 15/25    15   60%

% of total seeds that thrived, 15/34                        15   44%

this grow-method summary is being done now due to my being forced to move the plants.   so i am going to have to de-pot them and plant them in the ground at the new location  (reason:  new landlord's requirement. for reasons of stealth i cannot have pots visible).   old landlord decreed, you can stay but the plants have to go.

at 30 days post-germination, plant size shows no correlation to pot size, i.e., both the biggest plant and the smallest are in 27 gallon pots, and the same holds true for plant/pot sizes of 17, 14, and 10 gallons.  runts live in all the sizes--4 dwarf-plants that are alive but haven't shown growth in 10 days.

three plants that are growing normally have a heavy bronze mottling (polka-dots) on the top side of lower leaves.  this is on both outdoor-only and combo in-out plants, and it is there despite my having treated them with eagle 20ew at 15 days.  three have suffered bite holes and missing leaf tips.  (in fact a 4th, the laggard that germinated at 15 days, suffered a nibble so serious that the plant, which had already been a struggling dwarf, died).  the other mottleds are so far growing normally and i count them among the thrivers.

there also is no size or health correlation due to differing nutes:  half got AN, the other half got SF Organics.  

remember, half these iaf got daytime sun and night HID---those under the combination 24-hour light average three times taller by tape measure.

stem size at 30 days is noticeably thick in the thrivers.  regarding phenos:  a few plants have red stems.  no iaf are yet showing sex.

the low germination and thrive percentages of iaf has caused me to buy $28 worth of colloidal silver as i do intend to dedicate 2 plants to making seed.  the 15 thrivers divided by $300=$20 per thriver and that is way too spendy for me.

Edited by pic book

• 3 months later...

doc's iaf is a short season 90 day grow, but i let these go an extra 6 weeks, cos  due to a string of events they got transplanted four times and consequently, went into stasis.  that lasted 2 weeks each time after the 3rd and 4th transplants.  the dry yield off the 12 averaged 3.2 ounces per plant, and this was outdoors from seed.  the plants looked like duplicates of the pic doc used for the full-page high times ad.  

the 4th transplant put 6 in back yard soil in the middle of a lush lawn.  They looked and yielded the same as the 6 in a prepared, roto-tillled garden and fed organic nutes.

Bag appeal is only average but Doc did a great job with fragrance, as the smell in bag is LOUD!! and peeps remark on how lovely is the aroma. 

Edited by pic book

• 6 months later...

ran some standard seeds in super heavy nuted soil and having extra iranian seeds left over from a seed run, I planted some of greenthumbs iranian autos.Well,   two months to the day the standards are 2-3 foot in veg and healthy.  I  guess iranian doesn't like soil with 4500 ppm of flower nutes and stunts in them, cause 2 months to the day from germination, the iranians stand 5 1/2 inches tall, with super narrow leaves and super short nodes. There's a bit of yellowing on the lower leaves, but not the tips.  The plants were all in 24/0 hps/ metal halide blend. Time to turn the iranians into a seed run?