Seed Dump On Me: A Vietnam War Vet Who Started His Collection

pic book

Hey Grassmatch let us know how the Paw turns out.

I had some about 4 years ago.

4 hour electric carpet ride... Flying high and fast..Treetop Flyer smoke..

Sadly I was unable to acquire anything but a sack..and then it was gone..

It had bred almost 30 years since I had smoked it last..still a rush unlike today's smoke..

Good luck on those, make seeds spread the love it is a wonderful plant if you get a real one..

Tall plant with a long lasting fast paced electric buzz..

I will for sure. I'll know if it's real or not I think.....but who knows if the original packs of Paw were "real" either ?  I don't enjoy long flower periods generally, but if she's authentic, seeds will follow, cultures will be made, and taming will begin. I've gifted cuttings already. So far they act like they should be, I'm considering larger pots of dirt for them now. they look silly at 7-8 feet tall and 3 feet around standing up in 2 gallon square pots, roots as thick as my arm coming from the four holes in the bottom, stretching along the floor.  might be worth ruining the pots for the safe transplant.

our home was repacked for some water damage/renovations, and my camera should be turning up soon.....if so, I'm on it!

I trimmed those roots from two of the three to check for adverse reactions, none so far. but I bet they would be happier with more dirt, less air.

haha got a pic of those roots? it does sound interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

really?  are you serious?  seems like a horrible waste of a gift like this. or maybe satire?

no satire.  just reporting the matter is at rest, like the donor.

I had no place to store them much less properly store them; a landlord totally against anything weed and (after the raid may 6) allowing nothing cannabis on his property; no cash to pay rent for a separate place to store them; no vehicle, so could not move them around or deliver them; no place to grow them out and determine if they germinated and if they were what they claimed to be; and to somehow list and catalogue them; plus, all day to sit weedless and hurt and ponder that i had sitting at my place 250 or 300 pounds of cannabis seeds in every kind of wrapping, bag and satchel and sack.

there are people who wouldnt mind digging in a landfill to find these seeds. seeds can survive many faults. as long as they werent set on fire haha

edit: and yes i have dug seeds out of trash before, and after drying them off and storing them, yes they still pop. landlord tossed all my buddies stuff out in trash bags for a week in the rain. didnt salvage much else, just some bagseeds.

Edited by t-pain

What a waste, why not regift them to someone. Or maybe sell them to get yourself out of poverty! What a waste!!!!!!!!

Detroit incinerates the landfill.  Unfortunate loss of genetics?  Yes.

I was fortunate the raid brot no charges or ticket, nothing; they simply stole 22 plants and were too lazy to dig in bags and boxes and trunks. 

Our law does not protect us for genetics exchanges (consider Tricloud and Krusty DJ) or protect us...from having a monstrous pile of seeds, or for having many bags of piles of seeds meant for distribution to non-signed patients.  

Who among you would serve my sentence--or pay my atty--if a seed gift went inexplicably bad?  Isn't that where Krusty DJ went wrong????  Please change the law and its operation, if genetics are truly very important.  

i DON'T HAVE A CURRENT CARD.  My card renewal has sat for 3.8 months with lara alleging the physician signature is a copy, or is altered.  3 re-mailings and a new sig in blue ink sit dead in lansing, and i sit cardless.  WE NEED ELECTRONIC REGISTRATION FROM THE PHYSICIAN'S OFFICE.  Have you seen this before?  

In English, our law exacts many costs, and this is just one more.

It came to my freedom or a stack of seeds and illegal distribution, and our law sux.

Peace.

What happened to Krusty DJ? Now that is a bro who loved the seed forever and ever, amen. He is shades of the 'Leonard' of Free Leonard.  Krusty freely gave beans away as johnny appleseed did his chosen species. K sowed his seeds for free in the Burien Compassion Club and concentrated on teaching nubes how to grow their own.  He was only 45 but loved to play he was an ancient.  He'd reach his hand into his pocket and bring out some beans and play very stupid speaking an accent.  Something he probably thot was a Scottish brogue.  "Well boys and girls what have we got here and where did they come from?"  

He had orders for seeds piled up unopened, the money sitting in the envelopes.  He only loved filling 'orders' when he was putting seeds in tubes with cotton, that were going to be given away.

But, he's gone away, and seed dealing in michigan seems to take one out of circulation, doesn't it?  

I didn't like the thot of lifting myself into a group of folks who regularly disappear just because they are the johnny appleseeds of cannabis.

Edited by pic book

BS..seeds are being sold in grow shops .sounds like a story to me.. also why would you mention triclouds name as busted when u dont know at all.. dont start rumers you know nothing about please .. just not cool.. plus have not heard of any thing saying seeds are not allowed .. could ya please show me this??? thanks but realy your story sounds made up.. u have no friends u could have gave them to or some??? realy.

BS..seeds are being sold in grow shops .sounds like a story to me.. also why would you mention triclouds name as busted when u dont know at all.. dont start rumers you know nothing about please .. just not cool.. plus have not heard of any thing saying seeds are not allowed .. could ya please show me this??? thanks but realy your story sounds made up.. u have no friends u could have gave them to or some??? realy.

BS..seeds are being sold in grow shops:  Yep.  And crack is sold in crack houses and when I was a little kid I could buy illegal fireworks at stands all over the place.  I don't follow your logic - something is for sale so it must be legal?  Please explain.

why would you mention triclouds name as busted:  I don't see where the OP said tricloud was busted.

plus have not heard of any thing saying seeds are not allowed:  I don't know what you haven't seen, so I'll explain what I have seen:

1.  "incidental seeds" are not counted as part of your 2.5 oz of MMJ.  "incidental seeds" are seeds that occur from your grow.  A huge seed collection isn't "incidental seeds."  So non-incidental seeds, which are still marijuana, are still regulated.  There is no "free for all" when it comes to seeds.

2.  The supreme court was pretty clear that p2p transfers are not protected.  A patient giving away seeds is subject to the same legal troubles as a patient giving away cuttings or a patient selling plants or finished meds to other patients.

3.  If you had just been raided, would you risk making unprotected transfers afterwards?  How many times have we seen a "friend" turn on another "friend?"

I realize this is too late, but perhaps it's a wake up call for the rest of us, especially those who really "care" about preserving cannabis genetics.

Some of you may be familiar with Seed Savers Exchange - www.seedsavers.org. SSE is an organization that collects, breeds and maintains heirloom vegetables. There is also the Svalbard Global Seed Vault located in a glacier in Greenland whose goal is to preserve a rich diversity of seeds from around the planet. Probably don't have any cannabis, but...

I am not aware of any comparable "cannabis-specific" seed bank(s), other, than perhaps Strain Hunters www.strain hunters.com. Does anyone know of a "bank" devoted to the preservation of cannabis seeds/strains?

My suggestion for those who have some of the more esoteric, old, unique, etc., etc,. strains/seeds would be to gift a sample to a group dedicated to preserving strains.

I certainly understand where pic book is coming from. Personally, I would like to think that I would have risked doing something, even if it was just to give them to someone I trusted whom I knew would do right by them.

BS..seeds are being sold in grow shops:  Yep.  And crack is sold in crack houses and when I was a little kid I could buy illegal fireworks at stands all over the place.  I don't follow your logic - something is for sale so it must be legal?  Please explain.

why would you mention triclouds name as busted:  I don't see where the OP said tricloud was busted.

plus have not heard of any thing saying seeds are not allowed:  I don't know what you haven't seen, so I'll explain what I have seen:

1.  "incidental seeds" are not counted as part of your 2.5 oz of MMJ.  "incidental seeds" are seeds that occur from your grow.  A huge seed collection isn't "incidental seeds."  So non-incidental seeds, which are still marijuana, are still regulated.  There is no "free for all" when it comes to seeds.

2.  The supreme court was pretty clear that p2p transfers are not protected.  A patient giving away seeds is subject to the same legal troubles as a patient giving away cuttings or a patient selling plants or finished meds to other patients.

3.  If you had just been raided, would you risk making unprotected transfers afterwards?  How many times have we seen a "friend" turn on another "friend?"

right on.. agreed on points.. just dont like rumors of others being busted when not true.. but yes seeds are being sold at grow shops were im at.. and compasion clubs.. with out seeds and cuts no new med grower can get started.. but your right right they dont care do they .. sorry if i came across harsh .. wasnt ment that way.. peace...

and yes that was a whole lot of beans to have . and most prob were wild sats that would take decades to go threw and find stable ones.. heck sounds like enougth for the whole state and then some lol... i probly would have only keep some my self... sorry pict book... i was out of line...

and yes that was a whole lot of beans to have . and most prob were wild sats that would take decades to go threw and find stable ones.. heck sounds like enougth for the whole state and then some lol... i probly would have only keep some my self... sorry pict book... i was out of line...

I, for one, don't see a lot of value in seeds. There are so many tried and true strains around that to use plant counts to grow new seeds on a large scale seems counter-productive. I'm not sure what people hope to find .... The magic strain that flowers in six weeks and yields a half-pound of 40% THC all while being resistant to mold, pests, and root rot?

IMHO, a grower is much more likely to find a new elite strain by implementing a solid breeding program rather than make the effort to grow thousands of new and unknown seeds, or experiment with mixing finished meds of different strains together.