Seed Dump On Me: A Vietnam War Vet Who Started His Collection

pic book

depending on the  origin of the seeds, heck, the seeds could have been a direct result of the very same solid breeding program by an accomplished breeder, who died, got busted, or had to move and stop for some reason. The magic is IN  the seeds. Each one can be different from the other and the half the fun of discovery.

Back in the late 70's and early 80's I had some monkey paw come thru, it was at the time one of the best mj I had tried, at that time we were also getting columbian gold, red and rainbow, jamaican which wasnt that strong, hawiian, and cali sensi oh and tigh stick, also I got my hands on some black african (thats what they called it) it had more seeds and stems than smoke, but the smoke was kickin but awsome!  I would do something with that monkey paw, the panama gold is probably just the old columbian gold, but if it is grow right with no seeds it will be awsome, that was one of the better commercial weeds back in the day,,,,,,notice how I didnt say mexican, mexican has sucked since the paraquat days! and still does, unless the mexicans grow it in our national forrests where they do their best to ruin our lil rivers and streams with there harsh chemicals!

Peace, and monkey paw :bong2:

• 4 weeks later...

This has got me thinking about wealthy arabian oil barrons, from England, and gage greens, new line of "bastardo" genetics.  Regarless of how long a clone "can" be grown, refreshing lines with a new genepool, is where it's at.  These Hybrid strains are so watered down, that a fresh "Shot in the arm" of Landrace Genetics, could have potentially helped a lot of caregivers provide old world medicine to their patients.  Plus it would have made a great scientific study.  Grow out old genetics with today's modern techniques, and then test their THC levels. We might have finally ended the "This isn't the same pot you remembered" Rhetoric.  I really don't know what the point of any of this was?  Reading this thread from top to bottom, has totally bummed me out.

Edited by slipstar059

This has got me thinking about wealthy arabian oil barrons, from England, and gage greens, new line of "bastardo" genetics.  Regarless of how long a clone "can" be grown, refreshing lines with a new genepool, is where it's at.  These Hybrid strains are so watered down, that a fresh "Shot in the arm" of Landrace Genetics, could have potentially helped a lot of caregivers provide old world medicine to their patients.  Plus it would have made a great scientific study.  Grow out old genetics with today's modern techniques, and then test their THC levels. We might have finally ended the "This isn't the same pot you remembered" Rhetoric.  I really don't know what the point of any of this was?  Reading this thread from top to bottom, has totally bummed me out.

agreed fully..... i add much viger  and  find higher cbd levels easyer to find in the old land races..

Edited by kak1963

Back in the late 70's and early 80's I had some monkey paw come thru, it was at the time one of the best mj I had tried, at that time we were also getting columbian gold, red and rainbow, jamaican which wasnt that strong, hawiian, and cali sensi oh and tigh stick, also I got my hands on some black african (thats what they called it) it had more seeds and stems than smoke, but the smoke was kickin but awsome!  I would do something with that monkey paw, the panama gold is probably just the old columbian gold, but if it is grow right with no seeds it will be awsome, that was one of the better commercial weeds back in the day,,,,,,notice how I didnt say mexican, mexican has sucked since the paraquat days! and still does, unless the mexicans grow it in our national forrests where they do their best to ruin our lil rivers and streams with there harsh chemicals!

Peace, and monkey paw :bong2:

oh i rember those days my man.. yummy... still cant find them good old school tastes from them and lord knows im trying lol...

Grow out old genetics with today's modern techniques,

and you have the best cannabis grown today...

Not landrace either. Elite strains, from decades ago, beat the heck out of every single designer strain out there.  That's how you know the cannabis cups are rigged. When you start seeing OG Kush and Headband winning then you know you are watching a real-deal ganja compettition. Pink Fluffy Barbi with a cherry on top is kid stuff. Diesel and Chem Dog, (not the knock offs) still rule.

Dont get me wrong, I like OGK and Headband, I just don't happen to like it crossed in every strain.  I'd take something old over something new, Everyday of the week.  One of my Patients has requested NYCD, not to get off topic, but I haven't found it available through any bank, would Sage and Sour be a good replacement?  When it comes to diesels, I'm frightfully uneducated.

Edited by slipstar059

Dont get me wrong, I like OGK and Headband, I just don't happen to like it crossed in every strain.  I'd take something old over something new, Everyday of the week.

Most likely they are lying that it's even crossed with OGK or Headband. They get something that reminds them of it and they just say they crossed it.

Don't be too bummed, there are others working in the same direction.

I'll be sampling Malawi gold and Colombian black for the first time ever, in about 14-24 weeks.

I just missed all the exotic buds in my youth, monkey paw was the only one I've ever seen in person, once.

Don't be too bummed, there are others working in the same direction.

I'll be sampling Malawi gold and Colombian black for the first time ever, in about 14-24 weeks.

I just missed all the exotic buds in my youth, monkey paw was the only one I've ever seen in person, once.

I bought Monkey paw by the quarter pound back in 80-83 for $400, the price I was getting pounds of Columbian Gold for. Back then the only strain I grew was Paralyzer.