Outdoor Design, Top Covering

sho

Sure thing, the frame goes on forever.  Last time i saw your pics weren't they were called: Big Slugger's Greenhouse 2012, and you were running Blue Dream and gonna supply the county?   What are you thinking?  this could appear commercial...

Edited by pic book

Reminds me of the Duvals family 50 miles south of detroit....Jeremy, the brother, got 5 federal and the father (Gerald) 10 years.  He's appealing his sentencing (medical reasons, going blind).  a jealous neighbor turned them in (to Ohio DEA).  they had a sweet greenhouse as well....when you supply the whole county the whole country soon knows.  No way to stay at 15, or is there?

Edited by pic book

Reminds me of the Duvals family 50 miles south of detroit....Jeremy, the brother, got 5 federal and the father (Gerald) 10 years.  He's appealing his sentencing (medical reasons, going blind).  a jealous neighbor turned them in (to Ohio DEA).  they had a sweet greenhouse as well....when you supply the whole county the whole country soon knows.  No way to stay at 15, or is there?

I happen to know Jerry from reading  about  his case and supporting him while he was in Court Jerry was a tree farmer and had lots of room on his land

Does he still own that land ?

I happen to know Jerry from reading  about  his case and supporting him while he was in Court Jerry was a tree farmer and had lots of room on his land

Does he still own that land ?

SoM are some greedy fs too... Took 2 parcels from me on a combined pmnt for said 2 parcels that was $15 lite. Couldn't apply the $15 to one or the other...

Between the Govt Tax Policies, Bank Bail Outs, Manipulating Interest Rates and Zero Tolerance Laws the fat rats  are enjoying an extended feeding frenzy at our expense.

Kit was about $8,000 on 'close out' plus they financed me. Wasn't any more expensive then a well equipped indoor room, tax exempt since it's not a permanent structure and for farm use.

Only 36 are going outside and the land is strictly mine. With the House just defunding DEA and a lot of other legal outdoor grows going in their 3rd and 4th years, I'm not poking the bear. This is strictly to provide medicine to my patients at less than $200 flat a month for 2-4oz ( 5 x 200 x 12 ) covers the cost of building and land loan. Not a dispensary grower. Got contracts with all my patients outlining the terms of my services. But 3-4 years down the road IF we can farm this plant for bigger purposes, I'll be ready. If I can't, well I've got a hell of a vegetable greenhouse.

I'm playing as safe as I can. The sides are going to be wire welded fence and the ends will be solid wood. Plus it's all going to have a 8' fence around with one locked and secure entrance there as well. Plus it's the middle of farm country on a dead end back road.

I wish I could buy zip ties like in Mendocino county from a good local sheriff.

Well, Bob, 'a tree farmer' is the most natural thing to be in a green house.  One sweet deep grapefruit clone 8 inches tall, planted june 6, easily reaches14 feet, filling 64 sf, and also fills the needs of a cg for a few months with smooth, potent medicine. 

With 36 trees started at same time, to stay legal you've got to delay and long-time prolong harvest.  Or disappear the plants into oil...But we are not an 'oil legal' state, altho you could be anticipating that changing by harvest.   Being we are talking what happens in a building 14 feet high, 52 feet long and 30 feet wide (sorry if off, just guessing from the photo).  If you have even a semi-successful crop from your 36, you're grandly over 15, or 30 (if you're two full-slate cgs).  Plant number is not the issue--the issue is what 36 plants' issue in a normal summer in a greenhouse.  The issue is well beyond 15 and 30.

Now, if this year repeats last year, when pm and botrytis popped in august and destroyed 90% of some greenhouses, you're ok.  But last year's molds are a 1-in-23-year event.

Being very real, envy of such huge production (and facilities) could play havoc with folk's rationalizing, 'every body else is doing it; so grow big or go home.'  So you're classy steel erection is a model that is an attractive magnet for ramped production.  No wonder the company helped you, your thing is a billboard.

Jerry Duval best exemplifies it, tho he was vastly more commercial at 15 x 100 x 50.

If the plants were autoflowers or even short season, amount on hand doesn't become an issue, as they make so little issue.  Also, if the 36 plants are staggered starts, there is no issue. 

But 36 grapefruit in 22 of 23 years?    Their issue creates a huge issue.

Edited by pic book

• 3 weeks later...

I have been growing outside in a 50' by 50' garden, this is my 3rd season outside. It is chain-link fence, 6' high. I have no roof. BAYANET ( Bay Area Narcotics Enforcement Team ) landed their helicopter in my back yard in 2012. I have 72 plants and all my paperwork is in order and posted to be easy to see. They were very friendly and said I had a very nice garden, they loved that I have a mean dog guarding it too. I harvested just over 60 pounds just a week or so after their visit, they never asked what I would do with so many huge plants, they never came back. 13 of the plants were well over 10' tall. I was told I do not need a roof because my garden is  hidden from view, not even a neighbor standing on their roof can see it. If they landed last year I do not know it, I did have my paperwork by the door at all times so they may have came while I was not home. I have game cameras hidden in the garden and in the woods near by, I have 6 wireless boxes that report to a control box in the house that gives a different message for each of the 6 ultra-sonic sensors. So I know if someone is approaching the rear of the garden, the entrance, if they are inside. Only once so far have we had a visitor get close enough to alert the dog, some target practice in their direction was enough for them to leave. Once flowering starts we have 2 or 3 armed guards on site 24/7. The worst part is you get afraid to leave, you worry your girls wont be there when you get back. You never leave home for weeks on end, from the time they start flowering until the last plant is cured and tucked away, you worry, you worry alot. I grow OOG, Outdoor Organically Grown. I grow in basically 175 gallon pots, 50% compost purchased from a city that does a very nice job of composting their grass and leaf clippings, 20% screened top soil, 20% per-lite, 10% peat moss, with a cup to a cup and a half of Epsom salts, azimite, green sand, and lime. Then only water until harvest, my plants never see a chemical fertilizer. I put my plants outside May 10th as it was the first 14.5 hour long day here at my latitude. It took until June 19th to get them all in the ground, that is a lot of dirt to move and a lot of holes to dig. We dug 3' diameter holes 18" deep and then added a matching 3' x 18" raised bed above the hole to make a 3' round by 3' tall grow hole. Don't laugh about how long it took, I'm old. Trimming 60 pounds by hand took 4 people 6 weeks, not good. This year I am planning to purchase a TrimPal http://trim-pal.com/ ( so if anyone wants to buy me one ;-P )

So not all cops come back and raid you after you talk to them, I call the Detective from BAYANET every year and ask him what if any new rules I need to be concerned with.

Michigan is really very friendly about outdoor growing, I would recommend it to everyone. I will admit that some counties are more grower friendly than others, mine happens to be very open to it.

I wrote all this because a lot of people seemed interested from what I have seen in this post. I hope it helps and answers some questions.

I have been growing outside in a 50' by 50' garden, this is my 3rd season outside. It is chain-link fence, 6' high. I have no roof. BAYANET ( Bay Area Narcotics Enforcement Team ) landed their helicopter in my back yard in 2012. I have 72 plants and all my paperwork is in order and posted to be easy to see. They were very friendly and said I had a very nice garden, they loved that I have a mean dog guarding it too. I harvested just over 60 pounds just a week or so after their visit, they never asked what I would do with so many huge plants, they never came back. 13 of the plants were well over 10' tall. I was told I do not need a roof because my garden is  hidden from view, not even a neighbor standing on their roof can see it. If they landed last year I do not know it, I did have my paperwork by the door at all times so they may have came while I was not home. I have game cameras hidden in the garden and in the woods near by, I have 6 wireless boxes that report to a control box in the house that gives a different message for each of the 6 ultra-sonic sensors. So I know if someone is approaching the rear of the garden, the entrance, if they are inside. Only once so far have we had a visitor get close enough to alert the dog, some target practice in their direction was enough for them to leave. Once flowering starts we have 2 or 3 armed guards on site 24/7. The worst part is you get afraid to leave, you worry your girls wont be there when you get back. You never leave home for weeks on end, from the time they start flowering until the last plant is cured and tucked away, you worry, you worry alot. I grow OOG, Outdoor Organically Grown. I grow in basically 175 gallon pots, 50% compost purchased from a city that does a very nice job of composting their grass and leaf clippings, 20% screened top soil, 20% per-lite, 10% peat moss, with a cup to a cup and a half of Epsom salts, azimite, green sand, and lime. Then only water until harvest, my plants never see a chemical fertilizer. I put my plants outside May 10th as it was the first 14.5 hour long day here at my latitude. It took until June 19th to get them all in the ground, that is a lot of dirt to move and a lot of holes to dig. We dug 3' diameter holes 18" deep and then added a matching 3' x 18" raised bed above the hole to make a 3' round by 3' tall grow hole. Don't laugh about how long it took, I'm old. Trimming 60 pounds by hand took 4 people 6 weeks, not good. This year I am planning to purchase a TrimPal http://trim-pal.com/ ( so if anyone wants to buy me one ;-P )

So not all cops come back and raid you after you talk to them, I call the Detective from BAYANET every year and ask him what if any new rules I need to be concerned with.

Michigan is really very friendly about outdoor growing, I would recommend it to everyone. I know too many indoor growers that get carried away with raid, they are always worried about spider mites, I cringe at the thought of smoking medicine treated with raid. I will admit that some counties are more grower friendly than others, mine happens to be very open to it.

I wrote all this because a lot of people seemed interested from what I have seen in this post. I hope it helps and answers some questions.

Thank you so much for the legal advice?

Michigan is really very friendly about outdoor growing, I would recommend it to everyone. I know too many indoor growers that get carried away with raid, they are always worried about spider mites, I cringe at the thought of smoking medicine treated with raid. I will admit that some counties are more grower friendly than others, mine happens to be very open to it.

When you told about this encounter the last time you said the helicopter flew over then BAYANET came over, which makes sense. They showed us how they do this on TV in 2012. They had a reporter with them. Now you say they landed the helicopter right in your back yard. And the compost is free from the city, you don't have to purchase it. Edited by Restorium2

The compost is sold, I do not live in the City so they charge me by the yard . The helicopter did land and the Detective did show up in a SUV. No reporters where on board. This was not intended for legal advice, just telling my experience. To avoid the 2.5 oz limit we now hang our plants until we need them. I was told by local LEO that hanging, drying plants to not count toward weight. So we have converted a large room into a giant humidor, we keep the temp at 68 F. and rh at 65%, they can hang for well over a year this way. We have a system that works for us, I am always amazed at the hostility on this site. People come here to bash people, why not get along? I thought this site was here for us to help one another, not accuse people of crap. 

Edited by wkinne

The compost is sold, I do not live in the City so they charge me by the yard . The helicopter did land and the Detective did show up in a SUV. No reporters where on board. This was not intended for legal advice, just telling my experience. To avoid the 2.5 oz limit we now hang our plants until we need them. I was told by local LEO that hanging, drying plants to not count toward weight. So we have converted a large room into a giant humidor, we keep the temp at 68 F. and rh at 65%, they can hang for well over a year this way. We have a system that works for us, I am always amazed at the hostility on this site. People come here to bash people, why not get along? I thought this site was here for us to help one another, not accuse people of crap.

NEVER listen to a cop for legal advice.

Here's the deal;

First you said that plants NEVER have to be separate into 12 a room, the cop told you that. That's not true in certain circumstances. That advice was terrible.

Second, you said you didn't need a roof because no one could see it, the cop told you that. That's not true and it's terrible advice.

Third, you said that hanging plants do not count towards your 2.5, the cop told you that. That is terrible advice and it's not true.

Fourth, I asked my attorney if cops have to give you sound advice. He said no. They can say whatever they want to, whenever they want to. they are not bound by the advice they give. They can actually give you bad advice to bust you.

Fourth, I asked my attorney if cops have to give you sound advice. He said no. They can say whatever they want to, whenever they want to. they are not bound by the advice they give. They can actually give you bad advice to bust you.

cops are not lawyers. cops are not judges. they cannot rule on law, nor can their advice be used as legal advice. its non binding and worthless.

which is exactly what happened to the duvals. they asked the cops for advice, followed it, then the cop wanted a promotion .... the rest is history.

install a top, even chicken wire, dont harvest all at once, probably stop growing as many as 72 plants unless you and your patients all need 10lbs each harvest.

these are the same cops that will count the hanging plant as a plant, and the rootball/stem in the ground as a plant. or each branch of one plant as multiple plants. just for fun.

Here's the deal;

First you said that plants NEVER have to be separate into 12 a room, the cop told you that. That's not true in certain circumstances. That advice was terrible.

Second, you said you didn't need a roof because no one could see it, the cop told you that. That's not true and it's terrible advice.

Third, you said that hanging plants do not count towards your 2.5, the cop told you that. That is terrible advice and it's not true.

The BAYANET Detective that told me these things is the guy that would bust me if anyone does, even our local Sheriff calls them to go on all garden raids. Perhaps the Cops give bad advice where you live, but here where I am they are very friendly towards Medical Marijuana. I have known my local Sheriff since he was a kid, his cousin is a grower with 72 plants, they do not sit around trying to think of ways to bust legal growers. Maybe you guys need to move away from the big cities. "Second, you said you didn't need a roof because no one could see it, the cop told you that. That's not true and it's terrible advice."  that's odd since the BAYANET Detective read me the ruling over the phone. I wonder why he would make that up and then not come back and bust me, humm LOL

"Third, you said that hanging plants do not count towards your 2.5, the cop told you that. That is terrible advice and it's not true." same BAYANET Detective told me this too, now let me think, should I believe some guy on the net that hides behind "Restorium2" or the Detective that will decide my fate, hummmm. LOL

Edited by wkinne

The BAYANET Detective that told me these things is the guy that would bust me if anyone does, even our local Sheriff calls them to go on all garden raids. Perhaps the Cops give bad advice where you live, but here where I am they are very friendly towards Medical Marijuana. I have known my local Sheriff since he was a kid, his cousin is a grower with 72 plants, they do not sit around trying to think of ways to bust legal growers. Maybe you guys need to move away from the big cities. "Second, you said you didn't need a roof because no one could see it, the cop told you that. That's not true and it's terrible advice."  that's odd since the BAYANET Detective real me the ruling over the phone. I wonder why he would make that up and then not come back and bust me, humm LOL

I live where you live. I have talked with the same guy you did, I have his business card. Be very careful my friend.

Edited by Restorium2

Hanging, drying plants are counted as plants rather than usable marihuana. This is why it is prudent to keep them whole, and inside the locked, enclosed facility, to avoid confusion.

This is not universally accepted around Michigan. Most places they are either a plant or usable. Take your pick. Either they are still in your plant count or they are in your usable. By the sound of it he has plants hanging that he's not counting as plants or usable. Edited by Restorium2