Can Patient Be Around Their Plants?

johnnydoesit

Wonder why only the patients name only appears on the caregiver card?  Protect the patient from the caregivers possible loss or viewing by leo but not the caregiver, who holds the plants and weight from the patient loosing the card or someone seeing it?  Seems a little assbackwards to me.

Now, you know I got the love for ya.....but...

the security is just too much for me to stomach. Before I was permitted my wife and I wrote rules of the game for months so that both of our expectations were met. I exceeded them, as I exceeded my grow space, but she still loves me. 

As you know I go to great special lengths when interviewing my patients, to find the exact type of person I wish to be part of my registry. By the time I am done with a couple wordy interview emails I know if I will be able to properly serve a patient or not. Each is very much like our whole group.

I can honestly say that each of the patients I've cycled in AND out since employing these strategies has become as close as any good friend of mine that's been around for years. We're so closely matched that an instant rapport is formed and we both always comment on how it feels like we've known each other for years.

Regrettably though, I can never, and will never allow a patient to come to my home or garden. I have however been to most of their homes, recreationally and for service. they all understand completely and incidentally would not have it any other way. I do like the "ideal" of patients helping in the garden for thought.

And I mean I regret it. these people are the exact types of friends I would choose ....if friends were chosen, like my patients are.

peace

its all good g 2 the match :)

thats why this world is so sweet.. because each of us as a human have the right to do things the way we see fit if we are able..

i know you screen your pt's very carefully and have a solid regiment..

i found mine nearly all on accident :)

they have become friends.. and some of them.. at least one of them is now ready to learn to grow their own.. i am so excited for them..

the thing is.. i encourage my patients to come meet with me at the facility and see all the work that goes into the grow and to show them the levels of commitment so that it helps with personal confidence.. if they so choose.. as you are well aware it is no joke for us trying to maintain everything and stay on top of a persons medical needs.

i should make my statement a bit more clear.. the OP asked about the patient being able to "tend" the garden while they are away from the facility?  i don't think that would be a fun argument to make in a court.. but i feel like it might be made to work if and when all the proper precautions are taken.

if your patient is in your facility and you are actively showing them the procedures to grow the plants then their would be a justifiable argument for their presence... the plants would remain locked and in control of the person who's name on the card says it is supposed to..however if one or the other is in a cannabis facility alone and is not authorized to be in possession of the plants according to their LARA card then theres some grey area that needs to be painted..

i know there are several caregivers who let their patients have the plant rights.. in those cases the caregiver comes to the patients facility to assist in the process of growing or acquiring cannabis... so i would ask you what is the difference in these two scenarios?  a patient comes to a caregivers facility or a caregiver to a patients.... in my opinion both are ok so long as the plants stay locked up properly and in the custody of the person who is legally responsible for them.

you do your facility in a way that works for you and your patient/s... in the end..thats all any of us can do..

well i say absolutely yes.

i would postulate that a patient can and should be involved with the direct process of growing their medication.

a patient can come see the caregivers grow.

to be in the presence of the grow is not the same as to be in possession of it.

example

i take my motor home (i wish i had one) to a shop to have it painted.

it belongs to me but they hold actual possession of it for the duration of our contractual agreement.

that does not mean i can't come and see how the work is progressing...or even help if that shop allows it...

it does not mean they own my vehicle...

it does mean they have effective control over its dominion...and are responsible for the fiduciary outcome of the work that was agreed upon.

as an owner of the camper i would be allowed to come watch, help, visit, oversee, check out or any other way you might try to spell out my participation of the act of working on my motor home so long as i was compliant with the shops internal rules..

it is not only ok for a patient to be involved with the act of growing it is advisable. 

i want all my patients to learn to grow so they can eventually grow their own and be self sufficient as it applies to their personal medication choices.

I think your point would be valid IF a motorhome or paint was a controlled substance.