Cured From Ibs

Norby

I know, there is no cure, technically, but I think this is as close as it gets.  Gained 10lbs in the last week.  Yesterday I had a half a pizza, rhubarb pie with a yogurt/ice cream blend, a beer around midnite and 4 cupcakes at 130am before sleep(all with no lactaid) and no gas pains or cramps and I've been drinking a cup of coffee a day!  I don't know if it was the THCV and CBG in the Quantum Kush or if it has been all the hash caps I've been eating or if it's the vit d with seeing the sun but I haven't been this good digestively in years!  Simply amazing. 

Thanks to all for the advice and info I've gotten from y'all, much appreciated!

Oh, and I havent taken the Xanax in 2 weeks.  I really think it's the THCV and CBG levels in the Quantum Kush.  Hash caps from it seems to work way better than the xanax.  No tiredness, just relaxed and more importantly, happy.  Or it's the oil I made from a plant crossed with an autoflower.  Tasted terrible so I made it into oil.  Can't wait to get my pennywise done and tested to add in some CBD to the medicine cabinet.

Now I'm really curious.  At first I was just reveling in the ability to be normal.  Again last nite, pizza for dinner and ice cream for desert.  How does this happen?  My wife even had gas pains and she didn't have the ice cream. 

So now I'm wondering, did I get crohn's later on in life and that's why the symptoms intensified and the partial decarbed capsules eventually reduced the swelling and is healing lesions.  Is IBS caused by bacteria and the dose of hi cbg/thcv somehow cleared the infection?  Was it just underlying anxiety that had kept me in more or less an IBS attack for close to 10 years since I took on the stress of building and paying for a house and bills, etc.?  Or was it all stress and the THCV/CBG is doing a better job than the xanax ever did?  I even react different to things that happen in life.  I get cut off by a car and it rolls off my back.  I came down to the room and realized I left a flap open an hour past lights out and I didn't have that shock of anxiety, I just closed the flap and said oh well, we'll just have to watch the QE for nanners.  And I'm not even worried that the relief is temporary and for some other reason.  It's like someone flipped a switch.  Amazing.  I wish I could get into words how great it is to be normal.  MJ helped tremendously for years but I never expected this.

I'm pretty much 100% that it was adding in the Quantum Kush.  It's like a xanax without any side effects.  It doesn't knock me out or really make me tired at all, maybe a little off in my own world but even 1/2 a xanax would end me up in a nap and would start a roller coaster effect.  The QK seems tailored for this, for me at least.  I'll get reports back from my patients soon and see what they think.

The only other thing I can think of is getting out into the sun and getting some vit. d which may have had a synergistic affect in relieving the symptoms of sad.

With the little I think I know of the plant and our interaction with it since the beginning, I've come to believe it allows our body to synergistically heal many classes of illnesses and provide relief from hundreds of symptoms and conditions we have suffered as a specie. Once again our earth has provided another harmless plant that can seemingly perform miracles in the human condition.

After analyzing the way the treatment went, I noticed that the gas pains when sleeping or eating late at nite went away about a month or so after starting canna caps.  I still had to smoke after eating and still couldn't eat certain things. It kept getting a little better and worse here and there.  I think it was a couple pronged approach.  The canna caps helped with inflamation and gastro problems and the quantum Kush took care of the anxiety enough to finish it off.  I didn't think it would take care of lactose intolerance too though.  I still haven't tried butter as that's usually the worst for me.

I just wish I could know exactly how it went.  Since I havent had a colonoscopy in forever I don't know if it was inflammation that caused the gas pains or something else.  I don't know if it was antibacterial properties that cut down the bacteria that was creating the problem.  There are many theories about IBS and it may be a group of different diseases just lumped as IBS after they can't figure anything out that's wrong.  I'll be going in for a colonoscopy this year as my mom had colon cancer at 50 and I'm 45 this year.  Hopefully they'll be able to tell if there are any healed lesions or other signs of what may have happened.  I remember reading that mj was the only medicine they found that would actually reverse the damage from Crohn's or UC.  I think every other med just stops the progression. 

Either way I'm just happy to be in remission for a while.  And to not have to take xanax.

its going to take thousands of scientists hundreds of years to figure out these mysteries, as soon as its legal to research.

theres anti-inflammation, which means nerves arent firing , which means less stomach acid ?

or maybe its the anti-spasmodic properties of thc/cbd, which means less muscles tensing in the stomach/intestines, which means food can be digested properly?

maybe its the anti-bacterial property of thc , it finally killed off some bad bugs you had?

maybe the healing effects , the same healing effects that make cannabis oil work on skin lesions and wounds and warts, maybe that helped your body to fix lesions which has a chain reaction of fixing things.

that ability to shrug off daily problems is great. anxiety is like being trapped in a prison, except the prison is your own mind. never ending stream of stress, memories, fears, doubts and other thoughts to distract you from your life.

maybe its placebo effect. it was all in your mind! :P

• 1 month later...

Norby - what type of canna caps did you take ?

I have IBS and just got my medical card - am in the hunt for high CBG level strain to vaporize. You would think it would be easy to find here in So Cal but most places just have the get high stuff.

I hadn't heard about canna caps though - would like to try but definitely am sensitive to THC - so hoping to find something with mostly cbd.

thanks so much

• 2 weeks later...

Pts with IBDs end up having other serious problems,like Bill having AS. Bill I was wondering if you have had any immune system testing,if you don't mind me asking.

Yes, my immune system hates me. My doctor warned me to watch for other auto-immune problems when I was first diagnosed.

My lungs collapsed because my immune system attacked them after I got bronchitis. Just recently I was covered in what the doctor described as the worst case of hives he had ever seen, most likely caused by a reaction to mosquito bites.

I had just been off of steroids for a month after taking them for over a year and ended up right back on them.

Yes, my immune system hates me. My doctor warned me to watch for other auto-immune problems when I was first diagnosed.

My lungs collapsed because my immune system attacked them after I got bronchitis. Just recently I was covered in what the doctor described as the worst case of hives he had ever seen, most likely caused by a reaction to mosquito bites.

I had just been off of steroids for a month after taking them for over a year and ended up right back on them.

omg, so bummed this is happening to you. I hope you heal quickly. Did you suffer these issues before regularly consuming cannabis and tobacco ?(if you did at all)

Norby - what type of canna caps did you take ?

I have IBS and just got my medical card - am in the hunt for high CBG level strain to vaporize. You would think it would be easy to find here in So Cal but most places just have the get high stuff.

I hadn't heard about canna caps though - would like to try but definitely am sensitive to THC - so hoping to find something with mostly cbd.

thanks so much

Don't know how I missed this but it was quantum kush and it did have a thc level of over 15%.  the CBG level wasn't as hi as some tests I saw on Kandy Kush which had 2.5 X the levels of CBG.

just mj.  Had pizza when I went back to NY.  It was afternoon and the last 2 slices should've been thrown long before I bought them.  No problems at all though.  Went home and had real ice cream that nite and mars bars, butterfinger, nestles crunch and doritos.  I'm making up for years of holding back on the junk food.  Cookies, doritos and ice cream nightly.  It's not just the Qunatum Kush though, I think it's any capsules or edibles.

I'm still low 130's for 5'10".  I've been between 130 and 145 since I was 12 though.  Ain't that the way though.  Junk food and sweets I seem to never loose my apatite for.  I have been eating bagels for breakfast and turkey or other dead meat sandwiches for lunch.  If my wife wasn't on a diet and I wasn't so lazy(to cook or go out for food, at least) I'd probably be 140+ by now.  My wife likes spicy which holds me back on dinner sometimes.  I usually make up with it for snacks later though.  Some of it is that I still have the metabolism of a 16 year old.  I run hot normally :)  The canna caps may have something to do with it.  I read that the coconut oil also speeds up metabolism.  Oh well, I feel darn good, I think that's what matters most to me.  Everyone else would like to see me gain weight though.  I've heard it since I was 12.  You've gotta gain some weight your too skinny.  Most stopped when I started telling them they were too fat and they needed to loose weight in response. :)

• 1 month later...

Step 2 in the healing process.  Went to a local shop and got an 1/8th of cannatonic 4(14%CBD) and came home and made some caps.

The THC took care of the inflammation  for the last 6 mos. and I started eating junk food and ice cream.  Found that things got worse as I still couldn't really eat very healthy but my stomach felt fine.  I would kinda get the munchies rather than hungry. I'm down to about 122 unfortunately.

Started taking CBD caps yesterday where the bud was decarbed about 8 hours in the dehydrator.  I started feeling different yesterday.  Took the dog to petco and didn't fuss about making sure I had everything and just went.  Started getting hungry around 7ish.  Didn't have the normal sugar cravings and was actually hungry for healthy food.  I'm eating toast this morning because I'm that hungry before 8 am.  I never eat before noon and lately before 5pm other than a maybe a granola bar with the yogurt on it, the sweet ones.  Not obsessing as soon as I wake about things to get done.  Not having panic attacks when I think of stupid stuff I've written on the internet, still a little jolt when I think about it but not the panic attacks i had before.  Also added in liquid Vit. B, Cod Liver Oil and calcium/vit d capsules.

For a lot of reasons I won't go into I'm thinking now that IBS is just a symptom for me of Asperger's syndrome.  Also the THC was giving me anxiety even though it was healing my gut.  So in one way it was working and another hindering.  Now that I've added CBD I'm thinking I may be able to really hit all my problems and become "normal" again.  Minus still being socially awkward. :)

Hope this helps.

Edited by Norby

JO, you should get a sublingual THC/CBD tincture.  It absorbs into the bloodstream from under your tongue.  I was reading about CBD's neuroprotective and neurogenesis properties.  It's extremely good for anxiety.  It brings on a calm I can't remember having that often.  I really recommend it. 

Thanks for the offer but i have an app't with a psychologist Wed morning.  I realize I have some issues to work thru and it did wonders for me when my wife(then fiancee) went for a month or 2 for couples/marraige counseling.  I've had these "beakdowns" a half dozen times over the course of my life and I always bounce back.  This time the CBD made it quicker than ever.  I've realized things like dairy, since they don't affect my stomach anymore, still has a chemical in it that makes me feel hungover/slow/confused the next day when I eat too much, and I've been doing that lately.  Knowing, finally acknowledging instead of being defensive is half the battle.  I'm actually excited to get all this crap off my chest and get on with my life.  My dad died when I was 17 and he was PTSD.  I grew up walking on eggshells in a pretty strict household. Didn't mourn, took a lot of the blame on myself since I provided more than my share of stress and need to finally talk about it.

I've made it thru being a substance abuser(pills(antidepressive/antianxiety), coke, alcohol, lots of psychadelics,) and quit all those myself, with the anxiety seemingly ridden(or changed to what must be normal anxiety, which is a walk in the park comparatively) from the CBD I think I finally have the tools to make it thru  all this. I'm a pretty strong person if I can get centered.  I think my defensiveness, which seems to be replaced with optimistic acceptance, was the biggest hurdle.  I think I may even go to hypnotherapy to quit smoking.  I used to be so afraid of my "fragile" mental state that I didn't want anyone tinkering with it for fear of making it worse.  I just don't feel that way anymore.  I feel stronger.  Ate a big spaghetti dinner tonite.  First day of 3 meals since i can remember.  And I am hungry again and not for dessert, for good food.  I think my sugar intake was a huge problem for my hyperactivity and mental state.  Since the CBD counteracts the "munchies" and get's rid of the anxiety so that I really feel hungry, i'm optimistic I'll be better than ever soon. 

I'll keep you updated on my weight.  I expect it to go back up now that I can eat and eat well instead of junk. All the stomach problems are gone and with the addition of CBD to the digestive tract it should get better from here since the THC already took care of the inflammation.  Who knows maybe I'll go back and get my masters if the CBD can really control the social anxiety.  So far it seems good, just got to work thru the other stuff.