License For Out Of State Product?

Candee

Is there a way to apply for a license that would allow someone to obtain product from another state and sell it (or provide it for dispensaries to sell) here?

For example, low THC products can be very hard to find.  If there is a product that is in compliance with another state's requirements and ours (like a low THC chocolate that is tested, wrapped properly, made in an appropriate setting (clean, commercial kitchen) and labeled) can someone apply to bring that product here fill a void?    

yeah you can get a license, from the DEA to supply marijuana.

not sure if they are handing them out yet. give them a call.

might want to use a public pay phone when you call them.

looks like the drafts of hb4271 are spreading out there. i saw a copy that said "product" could be imported from outside michigan. i think its been removed from later versions, but why would that be in the law at all? hmmm

Edited by t-pain

op:  no.  it is charged as 'interstate transportation' and if you're popped, the feds have a conviction rate of 99% on it.  this is why vape cartridges aren't shipped across state lines, but like coca-cola, licensees in each state manufacture to the parent company's specs.

course in mi our law (coa) is against extracts so it is a mystery how vape carts proliferate and are sold openly.   you might copy their stealth model of production and license the process and produce locally---but, you asked is there a license

no.

low thc oil is found in industrial hemp. the oil is readily available worldwide legally.

there is no money to be made selling medical marijuana to only the five people you're allowed while you're treating their symptoms in MI.

you could move to another state and grow hundreds of plants legally for thought, even the medical kind with thc

• 2 weeks later...

looks like the drafts of hb4271 are spreading out there. i saw a copy that said "product" could be imported from outside michigan. i think its been removed from later versions, but why would that be in the law at all? hmmm

it would be there cause of one of these:

1)  the bill's drafter has a family member wanting to do what OP wants to do.

2)   the bill's drafter has a campaign contributor who wants to do what OP wants to do.

3)  Michelle Obama wants to play break-out basketball in our state.

Edited by pic book