Anyone Grown Any Of These 3 Strains?

I have a couple of strains that I was wondering if anyone has grown

I have a Strawberry Blue, A Hawaiian Skunk Haze and Two little Cotton Candy's. The main stem on the Strawberry Blue has the diameter of an average hotdog at the moment.

The Strawberry Blue is in a 25gal pot

The other three (two strains) are in 15gal pots

Photo's in Gallery by the way  :bong7bp:

Edited by AbominableDro-Man

What is that pot made of? Is that one of those organic pots?

Very nice looking plant!

I have a gut feeling you will make use of all 25 gallons!

I use 13 gallon pots for indoors. They are basically the same circumference as 5 gallon pots just taller. I don't add fertilizer mixtures to my plants. All of the nutrients are mixed into the soil. I mix my own soil and start with black dirt and go from there.

I have seen those 5 gallon bubble buckets do far better than what I can in a 13 gallon pot.

Would love to see some pics when she is ripe!

It's one of the biodegradeable pots that the roots can grow through if they become bound, I'll have to grab some specific brand names off of them when I go back out there though. No nutes used thus far, just a soil mix that I figured I'd try putting together and thus far it has worked. Though, I feel that if I start adding the nutes now it'll just take off. I'll have to make sure to check out a fully org nute line. There's also composted horse manure available for adding, muwahaha.

The ladies get about 10-13hours of natural sunlight each day. I think I spend about 5 hours a day moving around in the greenhouse and checking the leaves etc each morning/day lol

Craziest thing on that Strawberry Blue plant though, one of the leaves has 11 points! It's pretty fantastic in my opinion. Not 5, not 7, not even 9. 11 points. Once that thing gets larger and the plant is all harvest, I'm going to hack that thing off and save it somehow.

That's really cool!

I can't really grow outside. Maybe I just don't have the guts. Would be sweet though!

At the size it is now, and it grows all summer, that thing (SB) is going to be huge!

If that was in my yard, as soon as I saw roots popping out, I would have some wood ready and frame around it and keep adding a nice soil mix as needed.

AWESOME!

I am sure you have a good plan. Definitely would like to see some pictures when she is done!

The growpots can be used indoors too, but make real sure you use a spilltray under them, a nice one, because the water just goes right through the fabric.

They are the growpot made by Aurora Innovations, made from 100% recycled materials they say. Not sure if links for sites work or not on the forums, but googling Aurora Innovations brings it up. They are based out of Eugene, Oregon but their pots and other such things can be bought all over I'd assume, I got them from the nearby grow store.  :bong7bp:

MANY pictures will follow in the coming time lol. The plan if she gets too big is to dig a hole, bigger than the pot, fill it with more of the mix I use, and drop her in there, biodegradeable pot and all.

It's all in a well managed and monitored greenhouse. My guts come from alarms and scary little wireless cameras haha

2 days?  You're joking right, or you really don't know?  Do you only 12/12 indoors for 2 days?  Must save lots of DTE?

When i've covered my greenhouse (with panda film, white side up) to force flower i've done it every day the whole length of flower . The last time i discovered it isn't necessary to cover it at all the last 2 weeks.

Edited by pic book

Why start covering in July?  It depends on how many weeks of flower for your strain, and how big you aim to veg the plants. Realize that August 12 and on, most strains will flower on their own, when day-length shrinks to 13 hours, 59 minutes.  

For when to start covering, take the date you want to harvest and back up the length of the flower-period. That's your first day of pulling cover. 

Edited by pic book

I would recommend starting more at the beginning of August, unless you are way up north in the U.P. That will give you 2 or more months if needed for it to flower. The problem with that is you will need 12 hours of complete darkness, not a drop of light, and 12 hours of daylight. You can give or take an hour.

Keeping in mind, I am an indoor grower, I don't have any first hand experience with flowering out doors. Some patients I know have with much success. I have vegged outdoors to extreme size. I used 32 gallon garbage cans!! Then flowered indoors after transplanting.

So I believe it is not a matter of how many days to lightproof your greenhouse. It is a matter of 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness. There are a lot of gorilla growers that really know their stuff though.

I will be keeping my eye out for future pics!

No, I really didn't know. That really was a legitimate question. That Strawberry Blue that you can see in my gallery, is the VERY FIRST PLANT I have EVER grown. Ever. I've never even chosen to keep a houseplant. Or a small garden. First plant. I'm aware that flowering indoors is a 12/12 cycle. Though Cannabis outdoors appears to be much different, considering they only need 6 hours to produce decent enough buds according to other sources, and even only 6 hours to remain in veg until they decide to naturally finish. I live up north, but not in the U.P. and not at the tip of the mitt even, south of Traverse City still.  I just wanted to make really sure to have the beast finish before it decided to get nasty out...so..mostly all of october up here haha. We've had snow and absolutely have had frost up here in the beginning of Oct.

Once flowering has been forced it must be continued.

Pull over the shade cloth at the sane time everyday!

This must be done Every Day until the full ripening takes place.

About a week left is when you could stop covering the greenhouse but why would you?

Some plants are Extremely light sensitive and Any variation of light cycle could start a reveg process causing many lengthy obstacles to full flowering.

Have you ever seen an outdoor plant reveg?

I have and believe me you don't want the delay!

There are automatic shade covering mechanisms for greenhouses, have you researched them?

Consistency is Key and Vital to your success..

Good luck.

Once it gets to flowering I was thinking of tinkering around and making such a device...rather, having it done before. A timer rigged to a doo-dad of some variety to make one of those auto-shader walls. mind you, I cannot for the life of me tell you what things are called or how they work, but I can put them together and make things that work well. 

Like I said, I just don't want the natural course to take too long and end up going into oct because up here it can frost or even snow at the beginning of oct, it has many years before. Even if they are in greenhouses, aiming for end aug/beg oct. 8-10 week flowering strain roughly it says.

I want my first plant to NOT b e a stinking mass of moldy dingy dirtweed that I have the toss. And thus far, its' gone well. Only time will tell though yeah?

I should also mention that the strawberry blue will have its' trellis netting applied soon! This brings some good hopes for the final product, I'm hoping the trellis netting isn't a bunch of hoo-ha.

Is it bad that I may actually be considering just leaving it outside to veg in that pot and then using the lift to put it into a 35 gal for flowering inside of it's own little room inside? Please tell me this is a viable option? Because I have the perfect lift...

Lollipoping? Not sure what that method is. I know what Fimming is, and what topping is lol.

[Edit] looked this up on youtube and found Dr. B's vid (GGG). Now I know lol. I'll have to get some cloning solution so I can turn those ladies into little prizes too! Thing is...some of my lower branches are...absolutely massive, I'll take a pic in a bit and post it to the gallery so that you can see what I mean.

I'll certainly be doing that lollipopping gig. I'll grab some cloning solution though so that all of the bits I cut off that are viable for plants are good to grow!

[Edit] Stem pic is up in the gallery! For reference, the smaller side branches are roughly as big as pencils, the larger side growths are about tootsie-roll diameter. I use these terms because I know they are easy to relate, and everyone knows how what size these objects are lol.

Either way is not the end of the world, but you made the better choice :yahoo-wave: \

The trellis netting is not a bunch of who-ha, for sure. The cheap stuff works just as good as hydrofarm. Myself I use rabbit fencing on stakes, and reuse. You can shape the plant for less lollipoppin', and more big buds!

Sounds about right on the plant dro, relative to the size of the plant/pot. You'll get over the big honkin plants after a while, but it's crazy to look at when you're starting with big plants for sure. You can see why we use hemp for fibers, and why they call mj "tree". Can't think of many other plants that blow up like that off the top of my head...

With a name like the aDOM, I was hoping to see some outdoor hydro trees. You can use those same fabric pots with a hydro substrate like perlite/coco/verm/rockwool. 15 gal container, 3 gal water/nutes everyday, 4 lb plant at finish, hand watered if you felt like it.  Hehe, at least that's my patient's bro's plan more or less. He's got the same looking outdoor rig going and I convinced him to do a big ol' plant planted directly into a bag of perlite. It's killing it, and the weather has been great. Cheers to a good season for the outdoor folks.

Edited by Guanotea1

Outdoor Hydro I figure I'll tackle after I get my indoor Hydro under control. But I love these fabric pots man, they are just too neat. Figured for my very first grow I was going to cut it simple and clean and move on from there, building up as I go. I feel I know a lot, but I have very little actual practice and as such am not traditionally experienced. Maybe next summer I can swing those outdoor hydro plants, we'll see. But this summers harvest is one for me to remember as my first if it goes the way I'm hoping =)

So I was thinking about vegging the lady outside until sometime July, going off of what Grow Goddess had mentioned, and then tossing her into her own (not so) little room. So what will I need to flower that bad girl I wonder by that point? Maybe a 100? Do I need more than a 1000 for just one plant?

Chillers are usually needed for recirculating systems and should not be necessary in well planned drain to waste systems. What I would suggest is a simplier drain to waste system, hand watered if you prefer. With hand watering you'd just fill up a little rez with a hose, add nutes, pH, then transfer to your plants. An auto water system could easily be constructed (with your free labor) to maintain a whole outdoor garden for less than $500 if you prefer that route.

I also love those fabric pots, I did one side-by-side, and was blown away by the difference.

How much light you'll need is a function of how many square feet the plant covers, I'd say based on where you are now with an additional month of growth outside you might very well be pushing the limits of a single 1000W horizontal with a one of those XXL hoods like raptors or big light spreaders. The way I'd do it is I'd place an approximately 4'x4' of fencing close to the base of the plant in the horizontal position and let the plant get big enough to fill in most of the screen. How close you can place the screen to the base depends on how flexible the plant still is, the lower the better. Once the plant has filled in most of the screen - you know it's ready to flower, and you will have one seriously huge and productive plant when you're done. 

Careful bringing outside plants in, it's fine if you don't have anything else going indoors - but other than that the transfer from outside in is generally a no-no because of the bug situation. A plant can have no apparent bug problems outdoors because the ecosystem is naturally balanced but indoors we must build our own ecosystems and it's hard to do as well as mother nature. It doesn't doom your plan by any means, just something you should be aware of.