Jihad Is Lit Up And Allowed By 36Th District To Fire Up Marijuana

pic book

while on probation, and he is happy to have the community know it.  (My good friend's first name is Jihad, which he defines as 'life struggle.')  He had a hearing last week to get specific permission for his qualifying medical condition, to smoke while on probation for a mj offense, and the judge granted it.  Her comments were that she couldn't prohibit him from using oxycodone or vicodine, so why mmj?

I wonder, is there grounds for a class action for probationers with medical certifications?

Jihad comes from a family able to support him with raft after raft of atty's fees, so good for him, but what about average joe shmuck who has his doctor's rec and is told by his PO "you can't"?

LANSING, Mich. (WJBK) -After a year long investigation from the state of Michigan, a formal complaint has been issued against Judge Dennis Powers that could result in him losing his seat on the bench.

The state began investigating the judge after FOX 2's Rob Wolchek busted-on-the-job story last June, in which he caught the judge playing golf after canceling his court docket, taking vacations with his wife when he was supposed to be at judicial conferences, spending long lunches with a female friend and not even leaving his house for court until hours after he was supposed to be on the bench.

The 58-page report cites Wolchek's investigation and our findings as well as many other violations of fraud and abuse of tax payer money.

Count 1: Fraudulent mileage reimbursements.  

Judge Powers is accused of fleecing the taxpayers for thousands of dollars in phony mileage, including several instances of dual destination mileage where he claimed to be at a conference on one side of the state and then claimed mileage for travel here in the Detroit area.

In Wolchek's story he reported that the judge was in Aruba and other vacation destinations while he claimed to be at conferences, and the state investigation also found that to be true and said Judge Powers also charged the court while he went to real estate conferences.

He's cited for being late constantly and missing work.

Count five of the complaint says he wasn't even a good judge and didn't follow the law.

One case involved a man who threatened to "put a bullet in the head" of another judge in the same courthouse, Judge Brian McKenzie. 

According to the complaint, Judge Powers let the guy off easy and even terminated the defendant's probation early. The complaint says this was because he was friends with the threatening man's father.

Speaking of friends, Judge Powers is also accused of dismissing a case against a woman's daughter in violation of the court's internal policy and the Michigan code of judicial conduct.

After Wolchek's story aired, the complaint says the judge acted improperly by threatening court employees in an effort to find out who was the snitch or rat among them. Judge Powers said he was going to have that person fired.  

A public trial will now be held and Judge Dennis Powers could face anything from public censure to removal from office and even criminal charges.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/25741305/wolchek-investigation-leads-to-formal-complaint-against-judge-dennis-powers

One case involved a man who threatened to "put a bullet in the head" of another judge in the same courthouse, Judge Brian McKenzie. 

According to the complaint, Judge Powers let the guy off easy and even terminated the defendant's probation early.

That might not be a bad thing. Who was the other judge? :lolu:

wow. read the complaint is crazy.

but the guy who was threatening the judge? wow, thats a story!

On December 6, 2011, James Tyler (“Defendant”) was arrested for threatening to
“put a bullet in the head” of the Hon. Brian MacKenzie, a judge on the bench of the 52-1 District
Court.

By December 3, 2012, Respondent was already aware that the Defendant’s animosity
towards Judge MacKenzie stemmed from a 2006Operating While Impaired (OWI) case.

By December 3, 2012, Respondent was already aware that Defendant was fired from
his job as a deputy with the Oakland County Sheriff’s Departmentbecause Judge MacKenzie had
violated Defendant’s probation in the 2006 OWI case.

The Defendant’s father, Lou Tyler, was a traffic enforcement officer who had made
numerous appearances as a witness at the 52-1 District Court.
Respondent knew Lou Tyler since his tenureas a county commissioner from 1993 to

a traffic cop knows a judge, so his drunk driving ex-cop son gets off charges of threatening another judge.

I got to use mm during probation in alpena county!  I was actualy in alpena county jail for a probation violation when my 21 days had passed and I became legal with paper work, the day I got out of jail for a 25 day stay I used mm, my dr. found out I had gotten a rec from a diff dr. and urine screened me, she came back and said they could not treat me no longer becuase I had thc in my system, I showed her my paper work, didnt matter they quit me, I asked her for a copy of the urine screen, ( i had to get one a month per probation) she asked why, I said I needed to send it to my probation officer, she said your sending one with thc on it? I said yea and im saving 40 bucks if you give me a copy, when my p.o got it she violated me, I had a hearing and the judge didnt violate me and I was able to use the rest of my probation, I beleive it was judge johnson, not sure it was the 1st yr of the program, and I didnt use an attny! and the p.o was pissed!

Peace

That's a great story Jin it ended great for you

You also have some War stores to tall your grandsons/daughters and the best part is you can prove it all if they ever come here

Happy Fathers Day Jim

Thank You Bob back at ya on well every thing lol!

Peace